Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Muggle Who Knew All

Big Head Boy

by femaleprongslet 0 reviews

Harry takes his apparition exem, sees an old face, and intrudes during 'Girl Time'.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-06-20 - Updated: 2006-06-21 - 1752 words

-1TrainWreck
"Harry Potter and the Muggle who knew all."

Chapter 2

"Big Head Boy"

Disclaimer: My name is J K Rowling. I own the Harry Potter Series. I have a kajillion dollars. I am currently writing Harry Potter and the Pyramids of FurmatÓ . Or should I name it the Pillar of StorgéÓ ? The toenail of Icklibõgg? What do you think of Harry
Potter and the Green Flame TorchÓ , or maybe Harry Potter and the Mountain of Fantasy© ? I have a fancy website where I make stuff for delirious Harmony shippers to lose their deliriousness.

I am not really J K Rowling if you don't understand the title junk go to and click the 'rumours' section. It's pretty cool. Read all the rumours. Because I said so, that's why! Oh and I don't own Harry Potter, but I do own Aparle Powder and Stephy because she is me. Or would you say I is her? I am she? Her is I? Well it's a Mary Sue, but I only play a minor role, and I won't date the characters.

Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini and Cedric Diggory and Fred and George Weasley are no longer considered 'characters' per say on the grounds that they are Stud Muffins and I can't decide who I'll end up with in the end because this will be a long fic (hopefully longer than my A/N's/disclaimers ;D), and there may be a sequel. Definitely an epilogue that gives the details very late in everyone's lives.

Harry was in shock. Thoughts were flooding through his head at an alarming rate.

Steph was fidgeting as though waiting for him to blow up. She decided it was up to her to bring Harry out of his present state. "On a brighter side, I know who R.A.B. is and where you can find the locket horcrux?", She added uncertainly.

Ron, Hermione and Ginny were all staring at Harry expectantly, and Steph was looking at the small room with distaste. "I really feel terrible about you for having to live here all these years, with these awful people."

If anything, this seemed to amuse Harry. He started to snigger, which turned into a chuckle. Steph smiled at a job well done. She added with an involuntary shiver, "Well at least Ginny didn't Bat-Bogey hex me for depressing you! The fanficton stories I've read have some very vivid descriptions of them, especially the one you gave McLaggen after that Quidditch match." She let out another involuntary shiver. "Scary", She added in an unearthly tone. The looks on their faces when she looked up made her laugh out loud. This was a big mistake as Vernon Dursley who had woken up to use the bathroom heard the laugh. He slammed open the door causing Harry's wizard visitors to apparate away, unintentionally leaving Steph behind.

"BOY! Why is there a girl in your room at this hour of the night! Especially one of those freaks!", He bellowed. Harry was about to answer when Steph beat him to the punch. "Shut up Dursley!", she screamed at the top of her lungs. "FIRST OF ALL, I AM A NOT A WITCH, I AM A MUGGLE! TWO, I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEAING SCREAMED AT! THREE, NOTHING IS GOING ON! WE WERE JUST TALKING. FOUR!", she paused and then continued in a much quieter and sweeter tone, "May I please use your telephone Mr. Dursley?" Harry and his uncle were so taken aback that all Vernon could do was nod his head and let her through the doorway. Steph popped her head back into the room and asked Harry innocently, "Aren't you coming Harry? I need the phone number." Harry still shaken by the younger girl's display blindly nodded and followed her downstairs into the kitchen.

When they reached the kitchen, Steph laughed at Harry's face. The look on it was hilarious! "Harry, where do you think they went?", she asked while still giggling. "They probably went to the burrow, I'll punch in the number". He handed the phone to Steph and waited while she talked to Hermione. "Well, they're coming to get me. "I'm so so so sorry if I got you in trouble with your uncle." "Don't worry about it. I think you really scared him!" Harry said with a laugh. Hermione apparated into the kitchen.

"Steph! I am SO..."

"Hermione..."

"...sorry about leaving you to..."

"Hermione..."

"...deal with him! I completely for.."

"HERMIONE!", Steph interrupted. "It's ok, I forgive you! I was more scary than him! It was actually pretty fun!"

"Yeah, my uncle nearly wet himself! She was screaming at him! It was bloody brilliant.", Harry told Hermione.

"Careful there Harry, hero-worship isn't healthy!", Steph added. Harry was embarrassed. Then she added in an undertone that only Hermione could hear, "Ginny should know!". This made Hermione and Steph burst into a fit of giggles. And Harry was even more perplexed.

"Whatever.", he stated with a suppressed yawn. "I'm going back to bed. My apparition license test is tomorrow."

"Bye Harry. See ya tomorrow!'' , Steph said.

"I'm going to see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah I'm with you to get the Locket Horcrux."

Steph and Hermione then disapparated and Harry went back to bed.

Harry woke at 8:00. He showered and the went to wait for Tonks and Moony. They took him to the ministry around 9:30. Harry got into the elevator. When the got to the right floor the cool female voice said, " Level six, Department of Magical Transport, incorporating the Floo Network Authority, Broom Regularity Control, Portkey Office, and Apparition Test Center." Harry, Tonks, and Lupin got off the elevator and sat in the waiting room.

At 9:45 the receptionist said "Potter, Harry in room 8." Harry got up and walked to the designated room. When he got inside the door closed and magically locked itself. A man short bald man was sitting against the wall at a desk. A large fireplace on kiddy-cornered him. The room was dim-lighted, but Harry could tell it was painted peach. There was a small bucket of orange Floo Powder on the Mantel.

"Hello Mr. Potter. My name is Basil."

"I remember you!", exclaimed Harry, "You were organizing the portkeys for the World Cup 3 years back!".

"Yes I did. I was promoted to The Head of Apparition Testing a year ago."

"Cool."

"Okay. The test is fairly easy. Just take a pinch of the Aparle pronunciation ap as in apple; par as in golf lingo; le as in apparel(apparel meaning clothes) Powder, throw it into the fire. It works like the Floo network, But instead of saying the name of the place you want to go, you concentrate on it. If you do it right you won't be in a fireplace when you get to where you want to go. If you don't concentrate enough you will Floo instead of Apparating, so you will be in the fireplace. If you concentrate hard enough but get side-tracked, you will go somewhere else. You have to tell me where you are going so I will be able to see if you pass or fail."

"Why did the testing method change?", Harry asked

"Some people a month or so back tried to cheat by means of Polyjuice Potion. The Aparle Powder has very remarkable properties. It renders any appearance changing potions or spells, or anything else you can use to change them, useless. That way we don't have any cheaters. You can start whenever you want. If you apparate correctly, just come back Apparating regularly, ok?"

"Ok."

Harry took a pinch of the powder and stepped into the fireplace. He closed his eyes and dropped the powder and pink flames sprung up around him. He concentrated on The Burrow and with a small pop he was gone.

Harry opened his eyes and realized he was in Ginny's room. Hermione, Steph, and Ginny were sitting on her bed staring at him. "Um...", Ginny started, "what are you doing in my room!"

"Sorry Gin I was taking my test and trying to come into the kitchen but I guess I came here instead."

"That's ok, but next time let me know when you are coming. Now leave, we were in the middle of girl-talk!"

Harry nodded and apparated with another pop.

"Girl's room...not as creative as some but still good.", teased Basil.

"Where do other guys go?." Harry asked.

"Women's Bathrooms. Well at any rate, you passed. You went to where you were planning. Give this slip to the receptionist and she will conjure your license."

"Thanks. Bye Basil!", Harry said as he walked out.

When Harry left the room he went to the desk. After he got his license, he, Tonks, and Lupin decided to pop in on Arthur. He invited them to dinner at The Burrow and Harry went back to the Dursley's. Harry apparated into the kitchen. Petunia squealed and Dudley fainted. ("DON'T YOU EVER USE YOUR FREAKY ABILITIES IN MY HOUSE AGAIN!")

Harry packed his trunk with a wave of his wand and got out his broom and cloak. He opted to fly to # 12 Grimmauld Place, so as he was leaving, he decided to exact a little revenge.

He got there a few hours later and unpacked. He sat in the kitchen remembering his first visit here. He remembered Sirius hating it. Snapping at his two best friends out of jealousy. Seeing Snape. Ginny and the dung bombs. He was lost in thought to the point where he didn't even notice the Headmistress Floo into the kitchen.

"Are you alright Mr. Potter?", came the voice of a worried Minerva McGonagall. "You look pale."

"I'm fine just...thinking.", replied Harry.

"Well if you're sure, I needed to talk to you about the upcoming school year. I would like to make you Head Boy.", she told him Proudly, handing him the badge.

"What?", Harry spluttered. "But I wasn't even a prefect!"

"Neither was your father."

"He was Head Boy?"

"Yes, and a rather good one too. He and your mother almost got the Ravenclaws on civil terms with the Slytherins, but the year ended and everything went back to the way it was."

"Wow. I never heard that about my parents.", Harry said.

"Well nevertheless, I do hope you will accept the position."

"I'll think about it Professor."

"Thank you Harry.", And with that Professor McGonagall floo'd back to Hogwarts.

All Harry had to do for several hours was keep Fred and George away from the badge in case they did any reminiscing.
Sign up to rate and review this story