Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > ELove

Graduation

by brynn_parker 2 reviews

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Sango all grew up together, and are separated at graduation. They never think they'll see each other again...until they find that is.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-04-18 - Updated: 2006-04-19 - 1602 words

1Original
Chapter 1: Graduation

By: Brynn Parker

----

Author's Note: Before we get started...this is me accepting a challenge from Dark Tigress, a user on Mediaminer...you're challenge really got me thinking, and I finally decided to write this out. So here it is, with my own artistic license, of course...they grow up together (in this case, go to high school together), and end up meeting up again in a chat room! There should be lots of InuxKag and MirxSan, along with some KogaxAyame and other couples.

On another note, this will mainly be rated mature for Inuyasha's foul mouth...although there may be citrus later.

So read and enjoy!

----

So this was it.

Kagome looked in the mirror, adjusting her graduation cap over her unruly bangs. She usually wasn't one to care much about her looks, being more focused on grades and getting through school, but today was different. Today she was giving the lasting impression on everyone else in her graduation class.

Today she was leaving forever.

"Sango?" Kagome asked her best friend from her seat in front of the mirror. Her athletic friend looked over at her, dark eyes covered in the normal purple eyeshadow. "How do I look?"

"Kagome, you look so pretty!"

"Thanks Sango. You too...your makeup looks great."

As Kagome began to put on her own makeup, she wondered how she and Sango had stuck together so long. It was really bizarre that they were friends, but the truth was that nothing seemed to be able to tear them apart. They'd been best friends since preschool, both growing up on the same street, and hadn't broken the friendship since.

When they were both finished, Kagome stood up first, spinning around to look at her reflection in the mirror. "These robes are really becoming, aren't they," she teased at Sango.

They laughed together for the last time as high school students.

----

Inuyasha fumbled with his tie for a little longer, finally letting out a growl of aggravation as he threw his fists to his sides. "Fuck this!" he growled, his ears twitching. He usually tried to hide them...being the only half-demon at school was really annoying sometimes, and he usually wasn't accepted into any of the cliques.

"Inuyasha..." his friend, Miroku, sighed, shaking his head in disapproval, "Why didn't you just get someone to help you with it? Doesn't your brother wear ties all the time?"

"Feh," Inuyasha grumbled, "Sesshoumarou wouldn't help me if it was the last thing he did."

Miroku sighed. Being Inuyasha's only true friend was really a pain sometimes, but it was a habit as much as it was enjoyable by now. They'd been friends for so long - going from chasing the girls to chasing the girls' hearts - that he was really starting to get used to it.

"So, did you ever ask that Higurashi girl to the party?" Miroku asked casually. He knew it was a bit of a tender issue for his friend...Inuyasha had been moping more than usual ever since his old girlfriend, Kikyo, had dumped him.

"I don't need no stinkin' date," Inuyasha answered arrogantly, brushing his silver mane back from his face, "I've got enough problems as it is."

Sighing again, Miroku just gave up. He would've liked for Inuyasha to ask Kagome out - it could have helped Miroku himself get a little closer to the lovely Sango Kaida, who also happened to be Kagome's best friend - but if it was too much for Inuyasha's delicate psyche, he would much rather spare the grief later.

----

The sun shone down on the seniors as they filtered out to the small stage in the courtyard of the school. Kagome giggled, pointing out to Sango the boy that had been the object of her affection for so long, Miroku Samuru. No matter how much that boy flirted with her, Sango would never admit that he liked her.

"Miroku's looking good today..." Kagome teased. Sango blushed.

"Yes...he is...I guess..." she mumbled, but quickly caught on, "So is Inuyasha."

Kagome quickly looked away from Miroku and his friend when that very silver-haired hanyou looked in their direction. Sango knew that Kagome had had a crush on Inuyasha for as long as she had liked Miroku...but he'd never been interested, always turning away when she tried to talk to him. She knew he was still interested in Kikyo, the girl that had broken up with him that same year.

It didn't help that Kikyo was Kagome's twin sister.

And there she was now. Kagome glared. Wasn't there anyone here that she could actually look at without being uncomfortable in some way?

"Everyone get in order, please!" a teacher called from the other side of the courtyard. Great, now Kagome would have to put up with her heartless sister while they waited to get their diplomas.

Sango bid her a quick goodbye as she went towards the other K's and Kikyo took her place behind Kagome. "Inuyasha looks good today, doesn't he?" Kikyo said coolly. Kagome's insides felt like they were boiling. She knew that although Kikyo could be calm and collected, her sister had a serious problem with jealousy.

"He does, actually," Kagome said. She waved at him when he walked past them towards the end of the line, and he gave her a quick, stiff smile.

"You're hopeless, Kagome," Kikyo muttered.

----

In what seemed like just a few minutes all of the graduates had thrown up their hats and left the school for what felt like the last time. Inuyasha glanced over at Kikyo cautiously, only to see that she was walking away from him for the last time.

He was pulled out of his misery by Kagome grabbing onto his arm and steering him towards Miroku's car, a dreamy grin on her face. She reminded him so much of a bright, cheerful Kikyo that it was unnerving sometimes. "We're going to the party now!" she said happily, her hand staying on his arm.

He thought about pulling it away and giving her the usual "hmph" or "feh", but it...actually felt kind of good.

They all acted as immature as possible at the party. It was like being in a room with a bunch of junior high kids again, and Inuyasha started to get into it himself right when Miroku raised his eyebrow and gave everyone his signature look. "Who wants to play truth or dare?"

----

"Truth or dare, Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha looked warily around at everyone before plastering a challenging smirk on his face. "Dare."

Miroku immediately got an insane grin on his face and Inuyasha was sure this wasn't a good idea. "Inuyasha...I dare you to go in that closet over there and make out with..." Miroku looked around at the girls in the room: definitely not his lovely Sango...Ayame, Rin, Kanna, Kikyo... "Kagome."

Inuyasha's eyes widened, and his heart soared unintentionally. He almost pounded on his own chest. Why was it doing that? He did NOT like Kikyo's sister!

Kagome looked about the same. Did it look like he wants to...? she thought for a minute. He quickly scowled when he saw her looking at him and her face turned into a frown. No...

"Well, go on," Miroku said happily.

"What are you on?" Inuyasha grumbled, giving Miroku a death glare before stomping over to the closet and pulling Kagome along with him. Kagome glanced back to see the same death glare directed at her from Kikyo's direction.

As Inuyasha shut the door behind them and they stood there in the dark, Kagome could barely believe what was going on. It really did feel like she was a little kid again, and it didn't feel good. Suddenly returning to her was all the insecurity and angst of high school.

"So..." Inuyasha's voice said gruffly from right near her face. She could just barely see his glowing hair and golden eyes in the room.

"Get to it!" Miroku's voice suddenly called from the other side of the door.

"Can we have a bit of privacy!" Kagome yelled back. She heard a lot of laughing from the other side of the door before the noise completely stopped.

They were silent for a moment more before Kagome cleared her throat and looked up at him in the darkness. "Inuyasha?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I like you."

He grunted and sighed. "Yeah."

"I know you like my sister."

"It's more of a love/hate thing," Inuyasha growled.

"Oh."

They were silent for a minute longer before Inuyasha reached out a hand and brushed it against her arm. "I kind of like you too."

It was just a few seconds before Kagome felt Inuyasha push his lips against hers. It was quick and a little slobbery, but she knew it was sincere. She pulled him back towards her, kissing him again.

Soon he was all over her, and soon he had moved down to her neck...it was all so quick.

"Kikyo..." he mumbled.

"What did you say?"

Inuyasha pulled back. What had he said?

"You said Kikyo," Kagome told him.

He shielded his eyes as the door opened and she was walking away. Did he like her? A million thoughts were buzzing through his mind. Did he like her...?

Crap.

And that was the last time he ever saw her.

Just kidding...for a really long time anyway.

----

Author's Note: Please let me know what you think! I tried to put everyone in character, of course...Kikyo's a little bitchier than usual, but I really don't like her...so just let me know what you think! REVIEW!

--Brynn
Sign up to rate and review this story