Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Desk Drawers

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"Sorry."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-23 - Updated: 2011-12-23 - 997 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Do I look like a badass or a goth kid?” Frank asks me as we sprawl out over my bed. Frank is leaning on his elbows and I’m lying on my stomach facing him. I’m panting his fingernails black.

“Honestly you look like a badass goth kid,” I answer as I finish up with his left hand and move onto the next one. Frank pulls his hand up to his face and blows on his nails.

“Fucking sweet,” Frank answers.

There is a knock on my door and Donna comes in. She watches us quietly as I continue to paint Frank’s nails.

“You know if you weren’t dating my niece I’d wonder about you,” Donna finally says.

“Real men wear nail polish,” Frank informs her.

“He’s the best boyfriend ever,” I announce with a laugh.

“Well I was hoping I could talk to you about something,” Donna says.

“Yeah sure, let me just finish his pinkie.”

“Take your time.”

I finish the nail, “Alright, you’re done.”

“Freaking sweet,” Frank says looking them over. “I’ll come back later.”

“Sounds good.”

Frank reaches over to kiss me. Donna is still standing in the doorway so we don’t kiss for as long as usual. Frank stands up.

“Don’t smudge them.”

“I’m trying. I’m trying.”

“I’ll see you later.”

“Kay.”

Frank kisses me one more time before saying goodbye to Donna and heading home. The look on my aunt’s face let’s me know she wants to talk about something serious. What it is I have no idea.

“Amber,” Donna says coming to sit in my desk chair. “I was cleaning out the food you keep stored in your desk drawer and I found this.”

The pregnancy test is flashed in front of my face. Shit, I should have remembered to throw it away. Now I’m going to get a talking to. Why couldn’t I have just disposed of it after I had used it?

“Yeah,” I answer as if I’m not freaking out inside.

“Why would you need one of these?”

“Um…after Prom Frank and I kind of had sex,” I answer, chewing on my bottom lip.

The corners of Donna’s mouth pull down, “Amber, you’re not ready for this yet. Please, I just want you to be safe. Frank and you are both so young; you’re not ready for a baby yet sweetheart.”

“Sorry,” I mumble.

“Promise you’ll wait a little. Sex is supposed to be special…between two people who are ready to start a family.”

I nod as Aunt Donna throws the pregnancy test away in my trashcan. Without another word she leaves the room. I guess she handled it pretty well. A normal parent would have done a lot of yelling.

For a while I just sit on my bed. Maybe its better that Donna knows. Needing someone to talk to I try Bob on his cell phone…I get voice mail. Next I try to walkie Frank but he’s not in his room. In my moment of desperation I pick up the home phone and dial in the Iero’s number.

“Yo,” Frank answers causing me to laugh.

“Is that how you answer the phone, Frank?”

“What up, Ambo?”

I laugh again, “You didn’t answer the walkie so I decided to use this strange invention called the telephone.”

“Is that what this thing is? I was wondering why it was screaming at me.”

Again I laugh, “Can you talk?”

“Of course, give me a minute,” from my end of the phone I can hear packages crinkling and a door shut. “Okay, shoot. What’s going on?”

“Um…well Donna wanted to talk to me about something.”

“What did she want to talk about?”

“She um…she found the pregnancy test.”

“Oh…I thought you threw it away.”

“I was waiting for the right time because I was afraid she’d see it if the trashcan wasn’t filled enough. Then I just forgot it. It was in my desk drawer.”

“What did she say?”

“She just said that we should wait longer. She said that sex should be special and she doesn’t think I’m ready.”

“As much as I hate to admit it she’s probably right.”

“She’s not mad or anything. I just wanted to let you know.”

“Thanks for the heads up,” Frank pauses for a minute. “Um… speaking of which, I’ve been kind of avoiding telling you this and then I sort of also forgot.”

“Yeah,” I prompt worried that something might be wrong.

“When I got into that fight with my mom over you spending the night and all that stuff,” Frank continues only giving me half the story.

“Uh-huh?”

“I kind of sort of told her that we had sex.”

I am silent for a moment, I should have known Frank would say something stupid in the heat of the moment, “Like…that night?”

“No, no. I didn’t tell her about that. I told her that we did it last summer and that’s why you were mad at me.”

“Why’d you tell her?”

“It was an accident. Well no…it was kind of on purpose. It just kind of spilled out of my mouth.”

“What did she say?”

“She sort of slammed the door and then she hasn’t said anything about it since.”

“Hmm…well damn,” I say. “Now everyone knows I’m not a virgin. There goes my reputation.”

Frank laughs, “Let’s go fucking to something, I’m bored.”

“What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know. Let’s go to the park or something and play soccer.”

“Do you have a soccer ball?”

“I think so.”

“Frank Iero, I’m impressed.”

“Thank you, thank you,” he laughs.

“Let me just get dressed and I’ll come over.”

“Okay. See you in a few.”
Sign up to rate and review this story