Categories > Original > Drama > Magnolia

One Question

by HollyNHorne 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-12-26 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 438 words

0Unrated
ASHLEY

I plopped down next to Stefan and sighed in relief at the surprising comfort of the seat. My muscles tensed and smirked at Stefan. The jagged voice of the pilot returned overhead, "Ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing some slight problems, please do not be alarmed if there is some turbulance. Thank you." Even through the speaker, I could tell something was very wrong. The pilot's voice had clearly had trouble staying calm, even though he only forewarned of turbulance. Something wasn't right. I turned my gaze toward Stefan, who had his head buried in some crappy book I've never heard of. I knew I shouldn't have, but I worried. An hour passed. The flight attendant came back round for one last trip with the food. Damn expensive, but I bought probably half the shit on the cart. A small variety of cheeses, crisps, peanuts, pretzels, sandwiches, and a round of pop. All for thirty quid. Fucking rip. Worth it, I would hope. About twenty minutes after my shopping spree, a little turbulance that surrounded the plane would have been an understatement. The plane rocked, side to side, centimetres from completely flipping. I quickly swung my bag round my shoulders, then stealthily stood. Everyone else was settled normally, like this was supposed to happen. But I wasn't alone. Stefan's eyes fluttered open, and read my expression. He nodded, then shoved his book into his bag. We snuck toward the front of the plane. THEN all hell broke loose. Passangers started panicking. Shit. A disorganised riot was the last thing we needed. A grim voice sounded. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are....." the speaker became overrided with screams and yells. I could even hear screeches of despair and horror emitted from the cockpit. Mania! I grabbed Stefan and we turned into a corner behind the cockpit. His eyes were wide and he was frantic. I noticed a handle out of the corner of my eye and pull down on it. It snapped open with a soft pop, and revealed a parachute. ONE parachute. Stefan looked up to me for help. I reflected his expression. "You go." he said. I couldn't catch his voice. But I shook my head. "Together." I mouthed. I gripped the chute and it flew over my back. I used the hook attached to connect it to Stefan's bag. I leaned in close to his ear. "Whatever happens, don't let go." It all sounded like something out of a film. I hauled the emergancy door open, and the shot of air startled me. Actually, it startled pretty much everyone. Eyes narrowed. They knew we were escaping.
Sign up to rate and review this story