Categories > Original > Drama > Magnolia

Free Falling

by HollyNHorne 0 reviews

Yeah, like the song. But worse.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-12-26 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 301 words

0Unrated
STEFAN

Jumping out of that plane was like jumping from heaven to hell. Except we weren't jumping, we were pushed. Violently shoved out of that exit like angry villagers forcing out an abomination. I hadn't a clue why. One moment I see Ashley, looking amazing and calm. The next I see fear in his eyes, and he had a damn right to be afraid. Because now we were plummeting thousands of feet toward Earth, and we'd probably reached our terminal velocity. One part of me realised that - and made sure the rest of my body know. The other embraced it. Because of Ashley. It was a graceful dance between us, a new adventure. Though I knew that his biceps winded around my chest weren't there out of passionate love. They were there because of my life. He didn't want me to die. And exactly there, I realised that he did want me in his life.

ASHLEY

I wrapped my arms around Stefan tighter as the wind picked up. I tried to look up, but gravity wouldn't let me. I faced the ground - my fate. It grew larger and more detailed with each metre. At one point I almost forgot to pull the cord that would save my - our lives. But I did. And a giant red parachute emerged with a large jolt. A jolt that slowed our fall by a lot. Less adrenaline now. Thank God. I took a deep breath. I could feel Stefan's heartbeat slow. He felt it too. A few minutes later, we hit the ground with a smack. Wasn't bone breaking. It was day, and we had landed in a grassy field in a woodsy area. The only road I saw was dirty covered and musty, but I knew it led to civilisation. Hopefully.
Sign up to rate and review this story