Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Old Greek Coffee and a Room

Old Greek Coffee and a Room

by OverRated 0 reviews

She worked down at the local coffee shop owned by the old greek lady. Hes a college art student with a room to spare... A journey through love.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-12-28 - Updated: 2011-12-29 - 693 words

1Ambiance
Chapter One : Old Greek Coffee and a Room

Serving the last steaming cup of coffee for the day before shutting the heavy wooden door on the outside world and turning the open sign to closed, never felt this good.
I was tired and hungry and my feet ached under the black boots. My apron stained with a thousand concoctions and my hairs falling loosly out of its bun. But I wouldnt have it any other way.

Leaving home as soon as I hit eighteen was one of the best roads Ive taken. It wasnt that life at home was horrible, no, it was because I wanted to explore the world, walk the streets while meeting new people. Do all that before I settled down. Sure there were mornings where I had nothing to eat and days where I had to wear the same shirt twice as all my other clothes needed washing, but thats all part of the experience. Call it a journey of self discovery.

The only thing now that ensures my survival is my trusty job down at the local coffee shop. It doesnt have a proper name, just a big brown sign at the front spelling out coffee. Coffee is owned by the old greek lady who lives above it. Shes a short one with greying curly hair, always tied back and her every second word is something inapporaite in her native tongue. Cant complain about the pay though.

The little coffee shop is always bustling around with people, mostly students from the nearby university coming in on their study breaks. We sometimes get the odd bussiness man, always in a hurry, demanding his coffee be extra hot. I never pay enough attention to those.
It nevet gets boring around here as theres always stories to be heard and tales to be told.

I looked up at the beaten clock and sighed. I have a few more chairs to put up and a counter to wipe and Ill call it a night. Then Ill be free to head home. Not to my house though, considering I dont have one yet. At the moment Im bunking with a friend until I find my own place.
I took out a coin from my pocket and walked over to the old jukebox sitting in the corner. Its an old thing, colours fading and yellowish yet still hearty. At the end of every night I play a song from its collection. Its like a ritual to me. I dropped the coin in and an old Johnny Cash song filled the room.
I slowly moved away, dancing to its beat as I put up the remaining chairs and wiping the coffee covered counter.
" Magda, Im leaving now "
" Ok, ok you can go now Violet " Magda replied from the back, her greek accent ever so present.

I set free my hair as I exited the dim shop and just stood there, letting the cold crisp air wash over me.
I walked around to the side of the coffee shop to where a old wooden board hung. It was littered with fliers of different colours by people selling ancient cars and advertising garage sales. Pictures of missing dogs hung gloomly.
My eyes scanned the board, a slight frown forming on my face. Right there, out of the corner of my eye, I saw it. Sitting there dull and colourless.

HOUSEMATE WANTED
College student seeking flatmate. All nescessities included.
Call 0421787186.

That was all the information the little leaflet held. Yet that was all I wanted right now, a room to call my own. I took down the number hazily and stood there frozen, staring at the bright screen, debating in my mind wheather to call in the morning or make the call now. I chose the latter, in the fear that tommorow may be to late.

Dear readers, this is the first chapter. I will try and update reguarly. At the moment i dont know where the story plot is heading. Im just writing as i go along. Please RATE and REVIEW and tell me what u thought about. Positive and negative feedback welcomed. Hoped u enjoyed it.
Sign up to rate and review this story