Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're the only friend that makes me cry, mikey or frank? 1

You're the only friend that makes me cry, mikey or frank? 1

by islarose 0 reviews

Frank and Rose have been best friends since kindergarten. But lately Frank has been seeing Rose in a new light. Will she like him back or is she falling for Mikey?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-09 - Updated: 2011-12-09 - 1682 words

0Unrated
Rose’s P.O.V
I slammed the door shut behind me as hard as I could and stormed down the street in the pouring rain, pulling my Misfit’s hoodie closer around me, damn it was cold. I just couldn’t take anymore bitching from my ‘mother’, I just don’t feel that connection that other girls seem to have with their moms… Ever since my dad left she’s done nothing but bitch to me about him and his new girlfriend which always ends up in some form of fight one way or the other, the only place I could think of going now was Frank’s. Frank’s been my friend since kindergarten, he’s like my un-related brother and if there’s one person that can calm me down right now, it’s him. Luckily he only lived a few doors down so it only took about a minute to get there but by the time I did I was soaked to the skin, I ran to the porch and hammered on the door.
“Hey Rose,” the door opened to reveal a very tired looking Frank in a Blackflag t-shirt and skinny jeans, “are you ok? Seven thirty’s a little early to be fighting with your mom isn’t it?” he joked and let me in, Frank knew all the shit I had with my mom and he was never overbearingly sympathetic, I hate people like that.
“Heya Frankie.” I smiled, it must’ve been a pretty feeble attempt though because he pulled me into a bear hug.
“You ok?” I don’t know why he bothered asking me this every time I came crying to him.
“Not really, no…” I said, wiping my eyes with the sleeve of hoodie. Frank lead me through to the kitchen and made me a steaming cup of coffee, I practically downed it in one gulp.
“Any better?” he smirked, knowing how I loved my coffee.
“Much much better!” I laughed, setting down the mug and walking over to stand next to him.
“So what happened this time?” he asked, any sign of smiling now replaced with a very serious face.
“Oh don’t worry about, just the usual stuff about my dad and money and shit like that…”
“Just as long as you’re ok now, I gotta finish getting ready for school though.” We went upstairs to his room so Frank could pack his bag, so I lay on his bed flicking through his comics. It was never awkward between Frank and I, not even when the plastics sent rumours round school that we were fuck buddies, we just shrugged it off.
“INCOMING!” I heard Frank yell whilst I’d zoned out reading a Batman comic only to be jumped on and tickled madly.
“Frank- Stop- Please- No!” I managed between laughs, I swear I’m the most ticklish person on earth. Frank stopped and hovered above me, looking me straight in the eyes, it may have be my imagination, but his face seemed to be getting closer to mine. No, it must be my imagination, Frank’s like my brother. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket and sat bolt upright from the shock and collided with Frank’s forehead.
“Shit!” we both yelled as we clutched what would soon become lumps on our heads.
“I swear whoever texted me is going to die for this pain!” I yelled as I pulled out my phone. “Mikey Way, you will die.”
Frank was still sat on the bed rubbing at his forehead, “We’d better go,” he said as he got up and grabbed his bag, “c’mon, we’re gonna be late.”
I followed him down to his car and turned on the stereo, Iron Maiden. Now, for the first time in years, there was an awkward silence between us as 2 Minutes to Midnight blared from the speakers, Frank had his eyes kept firmly on the road ahead. I’d ask him about it later but in the mean time I decided to read the text from Mikey:
‘Hey, G drove to school without me can I get a lift with you & F?’
“Hey Frank?” I started.
“Hm, what?” I seemed to have pulled him out of some deep thought or something.
“Is it ok if Mikey grabs a life with us, Gee left without him this morning.”
“Oh, uh, sure thing.” He smiled briefly at me and went back into his head, I definitely needed to talk to him about this.
Frank’s P.O.V
Just as I was pulling on my Blackflag t-shirt I heard the door being hammered down, looks like Rose had another fight with her mom… I don’t really remember a time when she got on with her mom but things have definitely been getting worse, it’s like she gets sadder and sadder every week. I ran downstairs and pulled open the door, even though she was soaked by the rain she looked beautiful, why hadn’t I noticed that before? Her deep brown hair was stuck to her face and her eyeliner had run a bit because she’d been crying but it was like I was seeing her in a different light.
“Hey Rose, seven thirty’s a little early to be fighting with your mom isn’t it?” I tried to make her smile but I guess it didn’t really work, there’s nothing she hates more than people being really sympathetic to her. I pulled the door open wider and let her in, she looked frozen.
“Hey Frankie.” She tried to smile but there was no way in hell that she looked happy, she looked like was on the verge of even more tears and it killed me to see her like that. There was only one way I could think of comforting her right now so pulled her into a bear hug, it was different though somehow, like I didn’t want to let her go.
“You ok?” I asked, as we pulled apart.
“Not really, no.” It killed me to see her upset, I took her hand and pulled her into the kitchen and started making her coffee. It seemed like coffee was the only thing that could well and truly life her spirits when she was down, I made it in my favourite mug and sat on the counter as she gulped it down in no time.
“Any better?” I asked, a small smile teasing its way on to my face, it always amused me at fast she could drink her coffee.
“Much much better!” she laughed. I loved it when she laughed, especially after she’d been so sad. She walked over and stood next to me so I hoped down from the counter and looked her in the eyes.
“What happened this time?” I was serious, if anything more than an argument happens, if she gets hurt then I’ll snap.
“Oh don’t worry about, just the usual stuff about my dad and money and shit like that…”
Thank goodness.
“Just as long as you’re ok now, I gotta finish getting ready for school though.” We walked upstairs to my room so I could finish packing my back and Rose flicked through my Batman comics, she was completely absorbed in the story so I thought it was a very good moment to…
“INCOMING!” I jumped on her and tickled her, she nearly couldn’t breathe from laughing so much.
“Frank- Stop- Please- No!” she squealed.
I stopped and I was right on top of her, this wasn’t unusual though, we’d always had tickle fights since the 3rd grade, it was tradition. But this time I was very aware that I was on top of her. Her face was full of happiness and her eyes were sparkling, she just looked so beautiful that I had to kiss her. I’d never seen Rose this way before, but I couldn’t help it, I started to bring my face closer to hers when- SMACK! She sat up so quickly that out heads collided, and not in the way they were about to had we had a few seconds more.
“Shit!” we shouted at the same time, I could feel a bump forming already…
“I swear whoever texted me is gonna die from this pain!” So that’s why she sat up… I just hope she doesn’t ask me about what nearly happened, but what if she does? Crap this could get really very awkward…
“We’d better go, c’mon we’re gonna be late.” I said, getting up from the bed and grabbing my bag. I hurried down to the car and waiting for Rose to get in the passenger seat, she turned on the stereo and Iron Maiden filled the small car. I couldn’t think of anything to say after what I nearly did, I could feel the awkwardness building.
What I couldn’t get over was why I suddenly saw Rose so differently, all she’d ever been was Rose Williams, the girl I met in kindergarten and is like a sister to me. But now she’s Rose Williams, the pretty, funny, wonderful girl I’ve known for ages but never really seen. I looked over at her now and saw she was reading something on her phone, her glossy brown hair fell around her face and a small smile played on her lips, I’d never seen her this way before. I looked back at the road, this was so confusing, why did I have to like my best friend out of the blue?
“Hey Frank?” her voice broke through my thoughts and back into reality.
“Hm, what?”
“Is it ok if Mikey grabs a life with us, Gee left without him this morning.” Pfft, typical Gee…
“Oh, uh, sure thing.” I smiled at her and once again turned my attention back to the road, why the hell does this have to happen to us of all people?
Sign up to rate and review this story