Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're the only friend that makes me cry, mikey or frank?

School

by islarose 1 review

Rose and Mikey make a new friend in school, kind of a filler chapter leading up to the next one. which will be better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-02-25 - Updated: 2012-02-25 - 1998 words

0Unrated
Rose’s P.O.V
We pulled up outside the Way residence to find Mikey sitting on the garden wall waiting for us, I felt kinda bad for him, it was still raining.
“You guys took your sweet time!” he laughed as he climbed into the back of the car, shaking water droplets from his hair.
“Well Mr. Way you don’t have to accept our act of generosity and walk to school…” I mocked.
“Hmmmmm,” he mused over the idea whilst stroking an imaginary beard. “I think, dearest Rosaline, that I shall ride to school with you kind people!”
I turned round and shot daggers from my eyes, “Don’t. Call. Me. Rosaline. It makes me sound old and posh!”
We were always joking round like this, Frank may be my ‘brother’, but Mikey is my best friend. There are things I can’t talk to Frank about, like you can’t tell your mom and dad some things and you can’t tell your brothers and sisters either, but you can tell your best friend. For example, when I went out with Dan, Mikey was the first to know, also when he dumped me to move to England with his family.
“So Mikey, why’d Gerard take off without you this morning?” Frank asked, it was the most he’d spoken this entire car journey.
“Oh… I may have woken him up with some cold water this morning and then uh… called him a diva when he screamed at me for it…” Mikey smirked, he seemed kinda pleased with himself, I couldn’t blame him though, seeing Gerard being woken up like that would be priceless!
“Nice one Mikey!” I cheered and we did an awkward high five because I had to contort my arm around from the front seat.
“It was worth it, but the jokes on me because I’m seriously soaked from sitting out in the rain…”
“I guess, yeah…”
Frank pulled up into the parking lot just as the bell rang.
“Just on time,” I chirped, “and you were worried about being late Frankie!” I ruffled his hair and skipped off to homeroom, I was always in a good mood after being with my friends.
I walked into homeroom and sat down next to Ray, I could see him sitting at the back right from the door because his fro made him stick out a little.
“’Sup Torosaurus?” I asked as I slid into the chair next to him.
“Not much Rosie Land, how ‘bout you?” I hated his nickname for me.
“Well I had another fight with my mom this morning so I went round to Frank’s a little earlier than usual but he cheered me up.”
“Tickle fight?”
“You guessed it! Then we had this awkward moment when he was looking me right in the face… But then Mikey texted me and we whacked our heads together.”
“Oh yeah, I see the massive lump, I was wondering what that was….”
“Are you kidding me, there’s a huge lump? God damn it I’m gonna kill Mikey…!” I started looking for my compact mirror and prodding at my head the same time but I soon stopped when I realised that Ray was nearly bent double from laughing. “It’s not funny.” I scowled at him, putting my mirror back in my bag.
“Sorry, but that was wonderful…” he smirked as Mr. Wright took attendance.

After homeroom I had French, the most annoying and difficult language in the world. At least I sat next to Mikey, it certainly meant that the time went by quicker but having a complete bitch of a teacher made having a conversation a little difficult.
“Hey Mikey, long time no see…” I snuck up on him with a tackle hug causing his glasses to slip down his nose.
“Ah, oh, hey Rose!” he smiled down at me, I was about the same size as Frank. “Do you know who that new girl is?” he asked, indicating a girl I’d never seen before standing alone in the corner.
“Nope, let’s go say hi! That last thing I’d want in a new school would be standing alone in a corner with nobody even bothering to say hi to…” I pulled his lanky arm and went to stand near the new girl. She was about my height with butterscotch coloured, shoulder length hair, her skin was flawless and it had a golden kind of colour to it. Whereas I, on the other hand, had shoulder length dark brown hair and super pale skin with the odd spot that crept up now and again.
“Hey, you’re new here right?” Obviously she was new but it was a handy conversation starter…
“Hi, yeah it’s my first day today…” wow, strong British accent! She didn’t look either me or Mikey in the eye and she spoke in a really small voice, my god she must be nervous.
“Oh, d’you move from England?”
“Yeah, not London though, just like a small countryside bit near Wales.”
“Oh right, so Belleville must seem pretty different then?” Mikey joined in, “I’m Mikey by the way and this is Rose.”
“Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to ask you your name!” God damn it I’m so fricking stupid.
“Amy, kinda different, I’m not really used to being in a city all the time…” she seemed to be getting a little more confidant but Mrs. Teale opened the classroom door and let us all inside.
Mikey and I took up our seats at the back, I love the alphabetical order rule in this class… We never paid much attention, anyway, what were the chances that we were going to go to France? None basically.
“Today we’ll have a new student joining us…” Mrs. Teale began until Mikey cut across her and whispered to me.
“So, Iron Maiden or The Misfits?” I looked up at him, he was so much taller than I was.
“What?” I asked.
“I’m bored and we already know about this new girl, so, Maiden or Misfits?” his eyes were shining with some kind of mischief, or maybe they always did that, I’d never seen it before…
“Hmmm, I’d have to say The Misfits I suppose…” We both stopped talking to listen to the British girl, she looked so scared up there, faced by about 30 bored American teenagers.
“Listen to her stupid accent!” One of the boys in front of us said, Amy quickly shot him a scared glance and went red as she tried to fill the time ‘talking about where she’s come from’, as most of the teachers make new students do.
I kicked his chair hard and whispered, “Shut up, she can’t help the fact she has a British accent just like we can’t help having New Jersey accents.”
With this he turned round in his chair and looked me straight in the face with his dark little eyes, “Like I give a fuck what you think, you little slutty emo bitch!” before turning back and shouting, “Get back out of America and back to you Queen, posh tot!”
In school I’m called one of four things: slut, emo, bitch, or all three. The thing is that I’m really not a slut, I’m saving myself for someone that I love, unlike most of the girls in my year… I’m only labelled a ‘slut’ because I only hang around with the guys, none of the girls like me much, probably because of the emo rumour so it doesn’t take a genius to work out the ‘bitch’ rumour.
“Hey!” Mikey kicked his chair.
“Mikey, what are you doing?” I asked, worried. There was no need to make a scene, I was called that every day, what was he doing?
“I’m sticking up for you Rose, you can’t just let him call you that!” he explained and kicked his chair again, harder this time.
“God, Mikey it happens every day from everyone, it’s no big deal…”
“What do you want?” Hugh turned around, surprised to see it had been Mikey kicking his chair, Mikey was always quite quiet.
“You can’t just call Rose a slutty emo bitch! You don’t even know her, how the hell can you judge her like that when she’s sticking up for someone?” Oh dear lord it was worse than I thought it was going to be…
“Hey Rosie… you’ve got yourself a little emo boyfriend here! But I’d look out Michael; she’s probably sucking off your brother too.”
I felt a few tears roll down my face, I hated those kinds of allegations and being the centre of attention, the entire class was now watching us.
“Mr. Way, I think it would be best if you sat over on this desk here by me, Amy you can sit next to Rose.” Mrs. Teale finally cut in. Why did Mikey have to move, it was Hugh’s fault…
“Movie night at mine tonight, just us ok?” Mikey whispered to me and I nodded, it had been ages since our last movie night and it was what I needed after all this. I watched as the new girl came over took her seat, I shot her a quick smile, it wasn’t her fault after all.

As the lesson went on I learnt quite a bit about Amy, I already knew where she was from but I also found out that she had an older brother, lived a ten minute car ride away from me and was insanely good at French. I didn’t want to ask why she’d moved to America in case it was a sensitive subject, anyway, she might think I’m being nosy enough as it is.
The bell rang, signifying the end of the lesson. I wouldn’t want to bore you with the rest of my lessons up until lunch, on a Monday I have first lesson with Mikey and last lesson with Frank, so in-between then I’m on my own and ignored, just how I like it. The rest of my day past slowly and when it was finally time for lunch I nearly felt like running to the cafeteria, I walked through the long and busy corridors avoiding carefully placed legs and as many skanks as I could.
Grabbing my tray at the back of the line, I began to scour the room for my friends, I finally saw them and caught Mikey’s eye to let him know I was here. Suddenly I felt a tap on my arm,
“Uh, Rose, right?” asked the new girl from behind me.
“Yeah, what’s up Amy?”
“Well, I was wondering if I could sit with you and your friends seeing as though I’m new here? I understand if you don’t wanna get lumped with the new gi-“
“Of course you can sit with us! We’re that far table over there.” I told her, pointing out my group of friends which were laughing loudly at something. ‘Frank’s probably doing something stupid again…’ I thought to myself with a small smile on my face.
Queuing with Amy was a little bit awkward because she was very quiet, but I had thing on my mind anyway like what happened this morning. ‘I really hope it’s not awkward between us, he was so damn quiet in the car. It’s not like it was my fault anyway, I should probably just talk to him, ask him what’s up…’
“Rose? Rose they’re calling you!” Amy poked me and pulled me out of my head.
“Oh, uh, sorry.” I smiled at the woman behind the counter and got my pizza, chips and coke. I waited for Amy and lead her over to what would be her strange and wonderful new friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story