Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The glory days are gone

Never Coming Home

by Confusedlots 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-01-01 - Updated: 2012-01-01 - 505 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mikeys P.O.V

I hate Gerard. I hate mum. I hate these bitches at the reception desk. I hate those liers at cancer research. They aren't looking for a cure other wise this wouldnt have happened. We're just going to have to sit and wait. Wait as some highly paid cunt confirms the worst. I wanted to punch some one, some thing, anything. A tall dark haired woman came down the corridor. She was about 18. Trainee. Had she been there for the last few hors? She was pretty with eyes much like Gerards, only hers were more green. Her shoulder length hair, flecked with gold, was in a loose ponytail. She smiled sadly at me. It showed care and sympathy i didn't deserve. I hadn't come. In those last few weeks. I didnt step foot in this building. The girl walked over to me. I caught a waft of sweet cinnamon. It reminded me of christmas, making me feel more relaxed.
"Hello, Mr Way-"
"Mikey..." My croaky voice was in contrast to her tinkly one.
"Okay then. Mikey. Now Mikey, im Katie and i was helping your granddad cope with his situation for the last couple of weeks. He was a happy man. He told me to tell you and your brother,Gerard, to look after your nanna, mum and dad for him. He planned everything out, to the last detail." She smiled again. Going by her accent, she was English. Fit and forgien, phwoar...
Why are you saying that?! Your granddad remember, thats what yuor here for
I liked the words she used like Nanna. And the way she said 'Mum' instead of mom. I bet grandpa had enjoyed her company too. He had lived in England for years when he was a young man. He had always said he wanted to go back. Tears pricked at the back of my eyes. He never got to go back. I would go for him, when im older. Maybe Katie could come with you, be your tour guide? Shut up brain, time and a place. Katie was still talking to me, so i pretended i hadnt zoned out. I felt comfortable in her company. She began asking me questions, I answered staring at my knees. God they were awkward, pointing in slightly. I asked her where in England she had lived.
"Hey, did you reconise the accent? Im from Newark, its near Nottingham, you know, Robin Hood? My parents moved here when i was 16. I kind of miss it but i like some of the people here."
Her eyes twinkled. I think i blushed.
"Isnt Notthingham near Birmingham?" I asked, trying not to sound nervous.
"Sort of, why?"
"Oh. I love Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osborne is from there. Yeah i listen to quite a lot if English music."
"Cool, what kind is your fave?"
Here it is, the moment i put of every girl ive ever known...
"Rock."
"Oh my god! Me too! I have nayjor love for Iron Maiden"
This girl. Is amazing.
Sign up to rate and review this story