Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Save My Love For The Summer

I'll Save My Love For The Summer

by MetalMusicHead 1 review

Sammie is sent to live with her relatives in New Jersey, after being a problem child in London. She is staying there until she graduates high school, with her bitchy cousin, it might be harder than...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-01-04 - Updated: 2012-01-05 - 969 words

0Unrated
“I’ll miss you Mum”, I croaked, trying desperately not to cry.


Trying yet failing.


I wanted to stay home more than anything, I didn’t want to miss prom with my friends, getting drunk in the park on Saturday nights, everything about my run-down town in London.
“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. I’ll miss you loads too but its for the best. I love you and remember, every cloud has a silver lining”, I smiled, I love how she says that when I am scared. Even though she is sending me away, to god knows where in America to complete the rest of my high school duration.


“Yeah, I know. I’ll call you when I get to Uncle John’s”


I gave my Mum one last hug, before boarding the plane knowing that I wasn’t going to see her again for little over two years. It made me feel sick inside, plus I have a phobia of planes so over all this experience is traumatic.


I looked through the window, trying to keep my breathing steady. I saw some of the English country side, my home. I never wanted to leave. I’m not a bad kid, I just need “a fresh start”, so I’m being sent to Belleville, New Jersey as some kind of punishment. I wasn’t a bad kid, just different. I look like some kind of vampire apparently, people used to pick fights with the emo kid. I learnt to defend myself. I moved around a lot, a mixture of my Mums work and being expelled. I didn’t care that much for my education though, I wanted to be a bassist. I was fucked up a bit last year, I had a big argument with my sister who moved out. I wanted pain, not understanding the consequences I cut my wrists and lived, because my mum found me unconscious in the kitchen. My Dad was always working away, but I think he was seeing someone else. Only time will tell. Mum didn’t like having me around the house, I was proving a stress, so here I am. A fucked up kid being sent to Belleville, 4000 miles away to live with an uncle I haven’t seen for 9 years and his new American family and spend my junior and senior year in a catholic school. Lovely.


The flight landed six hours later, I could barely breathe the entire flight. I was sat next to a fat guy with a farting problem and an old dude who smelt like a goat. Very luxurious. I was excited to get off the plane, I was ready to jump out of the window once it had landed. I had no idea what my relatives looked like but I knew that Mum had sent them a recent picture of me, if that’s anything to go by. I barely knew anything about them for that matter, except that they were called John and Donna and had a lot of kids.

I went to the luggage and got my two suitcases then walked through the departures, where a group of people were stood, at the front there was a middle aged woman with short brown hair.


“Sammie, is that you?”, she asked, with a bit of a Jersey twang.


“Yeah, your Donna?”, I asked nervously.


“Yeah sweetie, call me what ever you want though. Have you got your luggage? Yeah, good. Lets hit the road, we have a long drive and your Uncle John cant wait to see you again!”, she said eagerly.


The drive home was a drag, Donna just asked me questions about myself that I answered politely. A few of them were about life in England. Three hours. Jesus Christ.


When we got to their house I saw a load of kids toys scattered a long the lawn.


Ah shit.


We walked inside.


Mum had said that they had a lot of kids.


But damn, this was A LOT of kids.


Okay, seven, which is a lot in my book.


I’m the eighth. There is a set of new born twins called Emmy and Lily, a one year old called James, another set of twins who were three called Jacob and Liz, an 18 year old called Jessica and me. The minute myself and her locked eyes she gave me evil stares. Fucking birch. Then I got told I was sharing a room with her.


I said hello and got showed to my (shared) room, I had half, Jessica had the other one.


“Listen bitch, if you move or touch any of my stuff or disrupt the balance in this house I’ll kill you, understand?”, she barked. I could feel myself going pale as I nodded. She turned around and walked out. These two years are going to be fun.


I decided to go and sit outside on the lawn, the weather was nice and warm, even though it was approaching evening. It felt good on my bare legs. I wasn’t exactly a pretty person, I had a pale face and purple hair. I don’t tan, I burn, so I tend to avoid the sun. I couldn’t care less today though.


I must have fell asleep on the grass, the sky was a deep shade of orange. I had dreamed about Jessica beating the shit out of me. It wasn’t pleasant. I woke with a start as I felt something hit my face.


“Christ”, I muttered expecting to see a toddler hanging over me. I sat up in a daze, no one was in the garden with me.

“Hey, vamp girl, can I have the ball back?”, I turned and looked around, catching a pair of warm brown eyes looking at me over the fence.
Sign up to rate and review this story