Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Professors Make The Best Machmakers!

The Conspiracy Begins

by Master_Of_Disaster 0 reviews

The Hogwarts Professors have HAD IT! This is Lily's and James' finnal year at school, and the teachers are Hell bent on getting them together if it is the last thing they do, and Albus has even sta...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: James, Lily - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 952 words

0Unrated
A bit of fluff, humor and pointlessness on James and Lily in their 7th year. Writen on spur of the moment by the whim of an anti-study student (A/N: Thats me!)

Inspired By English Class... in the worst way! I was sitting in my English Class this morning, and out of nowhere, it suddenly occured to my why teachers should never try to relate to the social life of their students. That thought would occure to you, too, if your teacher compairedher boyfriend to yours!

Disclaimer: I own nothing!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How do you save your enemy from drowning? Easy! Take your foot off his/her head!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 1: THE CONSPIRACY BEGINS

Albus Dumbledore was annoyed.

It was a rare occurrence, Albus being peeved like so, but an occurrence all the same.

The source of his annoyance could only be triggered by one thing.

Actually, two thing.

Really it was 3 things, but only two irked him at the present time.

And he wasn't the only sufferer of this plague of bothersome annoyance either...

"Bloody Hell! Why don't those two just get together all ready!"

...he was just a little better about not showing it was all.

"Why don't they just admit that they are completely nuts for eachother, and let the rest of us have some bloody peace already?" Minerva McGonagall roared in the staff lounge. This exclamation was met by cheers of approval and agreement by the rest of the faculty.

"Now, now Minerva," Dumbledore reprimanded gently. "We must not meddel in our student's affairs." As he said this, however, his insides were screaming 'YESSSSSSSSS! Yesssssss- musssssssst- meddel- musssssst interfear- my preeeeeeciousssssss...' opps! wrong story! Moving on.

"But Albus! It is our duty as teachers to teach! And if anyone needs to be taught, its those two! They are the only ones in the whole blasted school that can't put two and two together and get four!" the Muggle Studies Proffesor, Orlanda Hyphianne, exclaimed. This was followed by a few blank looks. She rolled her eyes, exasperatedly at her colleges. "Muggle phrase," she explained. "It means, they are the only people in Hogwarts that cannot get it threw their thick skulls that they are hopelessly in love with eachother!"

Another round of cheers greated this statement.

"And now the question that we are all thinking," mused the Defence Proffesor, Ashleigh Silvers, as she leaned back on her chair's two rear legs. "What are we going to do about it?"

The group all fell into a collective silence, thinking it over in their heads.

Tired of playing the mature adult of the group, but still sensing that he was going to regret it, Albus spoke up. "We shall do what all great wizards do when faced with a difficult dicision." Seeing he had their attention, Albus continued in that slow, thoughtful and serious way. "We shall... flip a coin, and bet on the results!"

The Hogwarts proffesors let our a triumphant cackle in unison at this plan.

Reaching into his pocket, Albus brought out a bronze knut. "(cackle cackle cackle) Oky! Heads, we will be ethically correct, and keep our noses out of our students' business, and let them work it out for themselves. Tails, we make every excuse in the book, and some to embarrassing to be written down, to get those two to spend as much time together as we can possibly manage inside our classes. Since I don't have a class, I will use the excuse as them being Head Boy and Girl to force them to spend extra time together. Everyone got it?" Albus looked around at the nodding teachers, and then back at the coin sitting in his hand.

He tossed it in the air, and watched it's progress. Little did he know, there was a conspiracy afoot.

You see, morally correct did not sit well with the Professors of Hogwarts school when it came to these two particular students. Unbeknownst to him, the Defence Proffesor acted on their dislike of just watching idly, and subtly poked her wand out of her sleeve. She casted a Non-Verbal Cheating Spell as the coin sailed back towards Albus' waiting hand.

Proffesor Silvers smiled innocently as he glanced over at her. Albus saw her cast the spell, but pretended not to, because secretly, he really did want to give the two students a gental push in the right direction.

"Tails it is!" Albus said cheerfully, after glancing at his hand, to keep up appearances. Besides, at least now he could say he had tried to be fair.

"Imagine that!" exclaimed Ashleigh dramaticly as her colleges giggled.

"And now to act upon our second proposal! We must bet!" Yet another cheer was let out from the group. "The Arithmancy Proffesor must hold the Betting Pool, of coarse!"

Aaron Heldings, the Arithmancy Proffesor in question, immediately jumped in to establish the Pool. "Lets start with some ground rules:

1.) No betting over 50 Galleons, for counting sake.

2.) No one outside us Proffesors are allowed to place bets! The students can get thir own Betting Pool.

3.) Under NO circumstances may anyone tell them about this! If someone tells, so help me, I will come after that person with all the vengance of 20 rampaging rhinos! "
-here there was an outbuirst of agreement and simmilar death threats-"

4.) No one can outright shove them into a broom cupboard, or anything as unsubtle as that.

"Everyone got it?" There was a murmer of assent threw the crowd. Proffesor Heldings beamed, and continued. "Good! Now: let Operation: Get-Lily-Evens-and-James-Potter-together-before-we-all-loose-our-sanity-or-what-is-left-of-it, commence!"

The teachers all cackled, and swarmed around the Arithmancy Proffesor to make their bets.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tada! What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Should I coninue? Read and Review!
master of random disaster
Sign up to rate and review this story