Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Emptiness

Romeo and Juliet

by MCRmy_Chick 0 reviews

Annabel had been beautiful, but her death was even more fascinating.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-01-12 - Updated: 2012-01-13 - 1121 words

0Unrated
AN: Still no God-damn inspiration for my other stories. Sigh Oh well. I like this one.

:::::: The Emptiness ::::::

Annabel had been beautiful. 

From the moment Gerard saw her, he had known she was the one. Her white-blonde had reached the bottom of her ribs, creating a silky curtain around her slender frame. Her eyes had been a translucent green that shocked Gerard to his core. Everything about her, the way she talked, walked, laughed, had given Gee butterflies in his stomach.

They met in high school, when Annabel moved to Belleville from 'some shitty-ass town in New Brunswick', according to her. Two years later, after desperately trying to escape the friend-zone, Gee asked her to prom. He had been utterly shocked when Annabel squealed in delight and hugged him so tight his ribs almost cracked. From then on, the rumors about Frank and Gerard stopped, and everyone was talking about the pale, goth-kid and the  'Princess of Belleville High'.

Months passed, then years, and Gerard found himself falling even more deeply in love with Annabel. She hated romance movies, so horror-films and sci-fi movies became their weekend ritual. They spent most of their time as close to eachother as they could. There had been a few times when the relationship had been on thin ice, but the couple always found their way back to eachother.

When he was twenty-two, Gerard got down on one knee at a concert and proposed. The entire stadium watched the big screen next to the stage and saw Annabel tackle her boyfriend and scream 'YES!' for everyone to hear. 

They didn't even get to set a date for the wedding.

At 12:57am of September 7th, Gerard and Annabel left the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant and sped off into the night. The car was silent, but Gee was entirely comfortable. Silence was a rare thing in New Jersey, and he treasured every minute of it. Annabel lounged in the passanger seat, her smile easily visible in the darkness.

"I love Chinese food," she said dreamily. "We should eat it every day."

Gee chuckled. "If we had the money, we would," he agreed. "But we don't, so we're going to have to make do with stuff from Sobeys."

Annabel pouted. "Unfair. Can we stop at Frank's? I haven't seen him in a while."

Gerard tensed. He knew Frank didn't like Annabel very much, but Annabel was determined to be his friend. "It's 1:00 am," he pointed out.

Annabel groaned. "Great. I have to work tomorrow!"

Gee grinned crookedly. "You're the one who wanted Chinese in the middle of the night!"

The two bickered like an old, married couple until Gee parked the car in their garage. They went inside, holding hands for the last time.

That morning, the alarm dragged Gee from his dreamless slumber. He grumbled, too tired to form words, and tugged the blanket over his dark head. Something cold and sticky dragged across the backs of his legs as the sheets moved. Confused, Gee touched the substance and slowly opened his eyes.

Dark red was spattered over the sheets like paint on a white wall, splashing up his legs and covering the backs of his knees. The blood was thick and disgustingly cold. As his drowsiness receded, he became horribly aware of a sharp pain in his stomach. Gerard retched and gagged, barely able to stop himself from puking. 

His first thought was that Annabel had had her period. Surely she had confused the date and forgotten to wear a pad? But there was so much blood, and it was everywhere...

Moving as if he were in a dream, Gerard found the lump under the sheets that was his fiancé. 

Annabel's eyes were open and blank, pressed into her pillow in away that surely would have been uncomfortable. Her full lips were parted, cold and slightly blue, and a dried-up stream of blood trickled down her chin. The blanket over her chest was a mess, bloody and torn like it had been launched at a rabid animal. Gerard's vision was going black around the edges, but he still peeled back the blanket. 

The sight of his lover's organs laid out onto the bed was too much. As Gerard stared in shock and horror at Annabel's mutilated body, he felt himself hurtling into unconsciousness.

He awoke with a paramedic bending over him and a police crew moving around his bedroom. He was splattered from head to toe in blood and vomit, but he was too much in shock to care. Apparently a neighbor had heard him screaming in his sleep, so loudly that it could be heard in a different house across the street. Gerard was loaded onto a stretcher and carried to an ambulance. Annabel, the former princess of Belleville High, was placed carefully into a black bag.

The next week went by in a blur. His family couldn't visit him in the hospital because of the news vans outside, so Gerard was left alone in a daze. The police suspected him of murder, but there wasn't any evidence. The weapon, a steak-knife from his own kitchen, was found outside the front door; no prints, no hair, just the blood and flesh of Annabel Clark.

Months flew by, filled with meaningless trials and therapy that made Gerard want to scream. By some miracle, he had been found not-guilty and cleared of all charges. Cameras and mikes had been shoved in his face, news reporters eager to get the story of 'the heart-wrenching tale of a tragic romance' from the 'Romeo of New Jersey'. They were seriously calling the whole thing the 'Romeo-and-Juliet Murder'.

When the media finally began to give up, Gerard found himself thinking of that morning. He hadn't killed Annabel, not his darling Belle, but he felt guilty. He heard her screams, saw the blood raining from her body as she writhed...

And then the memory was gone, like water through his fingers.

Eventually he killed again. It was too easy; all he had to do was catch some poor fourteen-year-old girl on her way to school. Gerard had ripped her open with a switchblade before tossing her body into a dumpster. Her hair, white on top and black underneath, had been soaked in her own blood. 

After the first kill, bodies began to pile up. Gerard met Rellik on a 'hunt', and soon they were trading methods and stories about their victims. New Jersey now had a team of serial killers, and no one seemed to take much notice. The once-normal town of Belleville had turned into a bloody and horrible place to live.

And then Frank came back into his life, and Gerard was halfway back to being happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story