Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Old Greek Coffee and a Room

Carnival of Shrieks and Colours

by OverRated 0 reviews

The guys head to a carnival where Frank rattles some cages.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-01-14 - Updated: 2012-01-14 - 1207 words

0Unrated
Carnival of Shrieks and Colours

The fairy floss melted the secoud it touched my tongue. The sweetness faded and I was bought back to reality. I looked around me at the haze of sweaty bodies running around from one ride to the other, aknowledging no one but the adrenalin running through their viens. Frank had bought us to a carnival that was in town for a few weeks. We decided to take the train, seeing that it was quite a journey to the area it was held in. The train ride was fairly quiet mainly due to the fact that none of us knew where we were headed, with the expection of Frank and maybe Mikey. But then again, Mikey was the type of guy that never gave away anything.
We took seats in the main area of the train as it wasnt crowded. The only ,other commuter was an elderly lady with a purse big enough to wack sense into anyone. Frank, being Frank, started a decent conversation beginning with " Did you get any shopping done today ? " and ending in fits of laughter as he cracked jokes that were sure to cause bruising to the old ladys fragile bones. We made it there a few hours before the evening with Frank muttering " Thats how you get on the good side of society " , only to earn him a whack from Gerard.

" You didnt have to come with us to some kiddes place. Im sure you had other things planned besides watching Mikey and Frankie go hyper ".
I looked up from my fairy floss stick and smiled at Gerard.
" Who could say no to Frank ? , and besides, Ive never been to anything like this before ".
Gerard looked at me with wide eyes. " Never ? "
I laughed. " Yep, never. I just never got that chance ".
" Well in that case, good thing you came, you' ll learn alot from Frank, trust me " .
We continued walking, Mikey and Frank walking ahead of us, pointing at rides.

I looked up at one particular ride that was emitting loud shrieks and screams in every direction. It was a huge yellow and blue metal wheel that you could only imagine horrible things happening to. Like falling off and rolling into the sea. I watched as those that were game enough to ride being spun at a speed to make everything blurry. The wheel would tilt and the hight musical notes of screaming would fill tbe carnival air. I looked away from it and made a mental note to never ever go on it, even if my life depended on it.

" I see them ", Mikeys voice boomed.
" Where, can't see 'em ", Frank echoed back.
" There, short stuff ". I couldnt see Franks face, but I could picture him pouting.
We came to a part of the carnival that was secluded away from the rides ringing noise. It was lit by dozens of little fairy lights hung from poles. Mismatched tables and chairs, thrown around effortlessly on patches of grass. Little stores draped around the outskirts, promising hot food and cold drinks. It was filled with people looking for a quick rest.

We followed Mikey and Frank to a table with two guys already seated. The one on the left was tall with a curly, light brown afro. A sight Ive never seen before. The guy next to him was slightly chubby with blonde hair that came across his piercing baby blue eyes. I took a seat next to Gerard, as Frank lingered behind our chairs. Mikey had ran off to get drinks.
" Attention please ", Frank cleared his voice. " Ray, Bob ,I introduce you to our new friend and Gerards flatmate, Violet, tada "
I smiled as they waved and said hi to me.
" Want some chips ? ", the guy with the afro offered, who turned out to be Ray and I assumed the other one to be Bob. " Im fine ". Ray shrugged, taking his own offer up. Mikey returned with our drinks.
" Man, its chaos out there ", indicating the people lining up at the stalls.

I gulped down my strawberry soda, not knowing I was that thirsty. I saw Gerard sip on his. We sat there making small talk.
" Alright, enough sitting around, I want to ride the ferris wheel before we leave. C 'mon ". The guys sighed and moaned at Franks suggestion, uh, more like demand. Just who put him in charge ? I , for one was egar to ride.
I got up. " Ready ". The guys had no choice but to follow suit.

The line wasnt big, only a few kids. The wheel was huge with coloured lights all around it, the carriages bright and cheerfull.
Ray, Bob and Mikey took the orange carriag, while Frank, Gerard and me hopped on the green one. The ferris wheel began to turn, getting higher with each rotation. I sat on the cold white metal, staring at the night sky. The view was beautiful. The stars reflected the water below us, the carnival lights getting further. I sighed as I took in the scenes.

The carriage began to shake. I thought it was the wind rattling it until I heard Gerard call out. " Quit it " Frank was jumping up and down, the cause of the shaking. The green carriage rocking back and forth. I reached out and grabbed the nearest thing, that happened to be Gerards arm. He looked at me with gentle eyes. He turned around and screamed at Frank to stop trying to kill us. He must have noticed my fear and sat back down like a rational person. " Maybe next time ".

We made it onto solid ground without falling to our doom. We stood around staring at each other, eyeing Frank who gave us a naughty boy smile. We all burst out laughing and made our wat through the night to the train station.
Again, we took up the main area. Only difference, there was no elderly lady for Frank to annoy. Bob was the first one to doze off, unaware of his surroundings. Ray and Mikey still had the energy to talk. Frank sat there, his alert level high as ever, ready to pounce. Gerard had his head on the seat.
" Today was fun, thanks " I leaned forward and whispered to Gerard. He looked up at me. " Glad you found our company intresting. Not everyone can put up with us. You must be special ".
" Yeah, special ", I mustered through a yawn.

By the time we made it to our building, it was late. The train ride endless. Gerard and I stood in the lobby, barely keeping our eyes open.
" Damn it, stupid elevator. Forgot we have to take the stairs to get up " My body was tired and in sleep mode. I began to ponder on the idea of sleeping on the stairs. " Do you want me to carry you ? " That was the best thing Ive heard from Gerard today. But as much as I wanted to be carried, I knew he was as tired as me. " Nah, but Ill race you there ". " Deal ".
We were both up the stairs in an instant.


Dear readers. Sorry for the late update. Please dont forget to RATE and REVIEW and give me your thoughts. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter
Sign up to rate and review this story