Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > On The Move

Chapter I

by Sacred_Black_Rose 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-01-14 - Updated: 2012-01-16 - 546 words

0Unrated
I sighed as I took one last look around the empty room. It looked so bare to what it had looked like the day before. There was no longer any furniture, not even any cardboard boxes left now. The walls were still baby blue, and the carpet was still as bright as before. It hadn't even had time to wear down yet.

We had only stopped at this house for three weeks. Three weeks! It wasn't the shortest time we had ever stayed in one place, but it was certainly quite short. We usually stayed for four at least.

I guess I've just gotten used to the idea of moving now. I've been doing it since I was...Well, ever since I can remember.

I have never had a sense of home, whatever that might be. The longest I've ever stayed in one place was six months, and that was only because my sister had been born during the time. And that was eight years ago! Ever since then, the longest we had ever stayed in one place was three months. Twelve whole weeks in one place had felt like a dream to me. And then we moved again...
I guess I'm just used to the routine by now. I don't even know why we even both to unpack. It's not like we're ever going stay long enough to use everything we do unpack. I find it stupid and pointless.

"Christine, come on!" My mother called from the kitchen. At least it had once been a kitchen, now it was a bare space, much like my bedroom.

"I'm coming!" I called back, sighing once again.

My mother was the reason we kept on moving. She claimed it was for her job, which I guess you could pass it off as. But I think the main reason is she can't find a decent boyfriend. Every time she gets dumped we move again. Moving as a whole was stupid and pointless.

I picked myself up off the floor for the last time. I walked over to the door, taking one last look before I shut it behind me. I guess we were just moving on out again.

"So, where we off to this time?" I asked, climbing into the passenger seat of the car. My mother was already in the driving seat and Lily, my sister, was playing on her Nintendo in the back. Eight years old and addicted to the bloody thing.

"We, Christine Marie Taylor, are off to..." She always did this. Used my full name AND trailed off. I hated it. "LAS VEGAS!"

"YAY!" Lily called from the back, but I ignored her.

"Vegas?" I asked. "Haven't we already been there? You're slipping mom..." I teased, leaning my head against the passenger seat window.

"So?" My mom replied, giving my leg a little push. "Vegas' a damn good place, and you will just LOVE the new apartment."

"Lucky me..." I mumbled, snuggling my head into the glass as if it was a pillow. I knew it was going to be one long, agonizing drive. I might as well have tried to catch some sleep.

So, this is my first story ever! WHOO! Could I maybe have a bit of feedback? Good or bad? Okay, thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story