Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > On The Move

Chapter II

by Sacred_Black_Rose 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-01-15 - Updated: 2012-01-16 - 1049 words

0Unrated
I tried my best to sleep in the car. And I did manage to get a few minutes rest, but Lily had her DS volume up high and my mom had the stereo blasting. There wasn't a lot of chance to catch some sleep. Especially with my mother singing to the songs on the radio!

I was used to the moving process by now. My mom drove, Lily played her DS and I would do anything to take my mind off the journey. I didn't have motion sickness or anything like that; I just always found the journeys to our new place to be...Awkward.

The car came to a halt and I came flying forward, placing my hands out to stop myself from crashing through the front window. My mom's seatbelts did not do a good job at what they were designed to do. In fact, the whole car was falling apart, but she refused to part with it.

"We're here!" My mom smiled. I rolled my eyes and Lily cheered from the back seat. She was eight years old but barely four foot tall. She was still in a booster seat. A bright pink booster seat that I really wanted to take a hammer to.

The three of us all clambered out of the small vehicle as the moving van pulled up behind us. My mom smiled as she stared up wards at the block of apartments in front of us.

"See that one?" She pointed to one of the middle windows. I nodded. "That's our new home." I rolled my eyes again. The meaning of home is 'the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.' This was not my home. I hadn't even set foot in it, let alone centered my 'domestic affections' there!

Lily had already raced up to the door, her Barbie backpack slung over her shoulder in a sloppy fashion. I rolled my eyes for the third time. I always rolled my eyes when it came to my family. They were just something I had to roll my eyes at.

"Come on, Chrissie." My mom smiled. "This'll be fun." But she clearly didn't have the same definition of fun as I did.

"I WANT THIS ROOM!" Lily yelled. She had run straight to find her perfect bedroom. I laughed at her. It was always the first thing she did, and it was quite cute how she did it.

Constantly moving hadn't fazed Lily one bit as she grew up. To her it was just one big adventure. To me, a much older and wiser person, it was annoying. As a child I had loved it, one big adventure all the time. Now I hated moving. I just wanted one constant place to call my home, but there was always a slim chance I'd get it. Actually, there was zero chance of me ever getting it.

"So." I asked my mom. We were both in the kitchen, unpacking all the cutlery and plates and things like that. "How long are we staying this time?"

"Don't say it like that, Christine." My mom sighed.

"Why not?" I asked. "We're only going to be packed up and moving again in a few weeks."

"Christine..."

"But who wants to stay in one place for the rest of their life, right?" I shook my head, placing the last of the glasses in the top cupboard so Lily couldn't reach and smash them. "I'm going to unpack my stuff..."

My mother didn't say a word to me as I walked into my bedroom. The people from the moving company had placed all of our furniture where we had asked, meaning my room was now 'complete'.

I got down on the floor by the bottom of my bed and opened up shoulder bag I had taken in the car with me. I pulled out my laptop, it was the first thing I always did when I got settled into my room. It was getting late anyway, so I probably should have started getting ready for bed.

The first thing I did was log onto my blog. I always kept a blog. A record of my moves. My feelings. Whatever I could think of. Quite a lot of people talked to me on it, and it was nice to see that some people were actually interested in my life when I really wasn't.

'Just got here in Vegas. Finished unpacking the glasses and ran to my room. Another argument with my mother over how long we're staying, but what's new? I haven't even had the chance to unpack yet, but I'd better get a move on. It's getting late and I'm tired...Now all I have to do is find the right box for the bed sheet...
Peace and love, Girl On The Move'

The cold air hit my face and I tightened my grip on my cardigan. I had always had trouble sleeping on the first night in a new place. It was so unfamiliar, so many new things to be discovered. So, in an attempt to do something other than lie in bed all night, I'd got up and climbed out of my bedroom window.

Now, I didn't do it so I could fall to my death, I did it because my bedroom window led out to the fire escape. Trust me to pick the bedroom closest to the safest route out of the place. At least I was going to be safe if there was ever a fire within the next few weeks.

I was leaning against the unsafe railings; the ones that felt like they would crumble under my arms if I moved even in the slightest, staring out over the city of Vegas. It was a pretty decent view. You could see the Las Vegas Strip with all the lights, just past a few extra apartment blocks, but they seemed to be shorter than my floor in my apartment block.

"Trouble sleeping, darling?" I looked straight upwards to see a teen boy staring down at me from the fire escape above. He had honey-colored eyes, even in the dark of night I could them so clearly. He had shaggy chestnut hair, that did fall into his face slightly. One word came to mind; emo.
Sign up to rate and review this story