Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You only hear the music when your heart begins to break

You only hear the music when your heart begins to break

by Coughmedacineabuse 0 reviews

Hayleys life is changed forever when she finds the love of her life, but things don't always go to plan, will she ever see him again after she is sent away?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-19 - Updated: 2012-01-19 - 3185 words

0Unrated
"omg" 
I  said out loud  walking past the shop windows and viewing my bright blonde hair with fresh eyes" 
Seriously?!  THAT bright? 
I suppose it would have been alright if my hair didn't hang all the way down below my waste. Nice try at being discrete on the first day back at school. 
God I wish the walk to school was longer. 
I walk past the Langley falls cemetery nearly every day but have never gone in there.. Strange considering that's my kind of thing. There's a patch in there that I always notice.. It looks so bare, as if something was missing. The suns beams shone down beautifully filling the whole space with dancing  of light. But today someone is sitting there. A boy. Jet black hair and skin as pale as last January. His eyes are the brightest green and shone in the light with a twinkle. His lips are perfect. He is wearing red converse black skinniest and a leather jacket. Does he exist? I wonder.  On that thought I slows gain consciousness and SHIT. I realise I was standing there staring at him that whole time. I look away quickly pretending to be interested in the sunrise (although he was quite beautiful). I hope he hasn't no- I hear a giggle perhaps of a girl? No. I look back to the pretty boy and he's sat against a tree with his knees against his chest giving me an irresistible side smile. OMG who is thus guy?! Feeling slightly embarrassed now I blush and walk away in a huff.  Even though I would love to stay and stare I have to get to prison, I mean school. 
I'm in year 9. I hate it. I don't mix. I guess I'm socially awkward. I guess u talk to one girl in biology her name is jasmine I think? As I'm walking down the dreaded hallways to registration I  totally blank out everyone around me.  

At lunch I sit with a group.  I plan to become slightly closer to these people just to survive here. One of then is called Kate, she seems to be the leader of the group. I get along ok with her. By that I mean she doesn't treat me like she wants to kill me. 
"hey" said Kate as I slumped my bag on the table and complained under my breath about math or something involving 69 "hey. Kate?" I said forgetting her name slightly "what's up". "well me and Anna"- I looked up to see a slutty girl waving, must be Anna-"are going to Stacey Moore's house party next Saturday.. Wondering if you can come along?". Agh now this is interesting you see. A chance for me to try and fit in with the crowd.. Maybe even showing my face will prove In some kind of way that I'm not a complete freak. "yeah sure, what time and how are we getting there?".  If thy think my dad will be sober enough on a Saturday or infact  any day to drive us there then they must be joking. "we can walk silly, don't you know where she lives it's just across the alley from yours" says the slutty one.  "oh right that's good then" I flash a fake smile. "there will be boys there and alcohol.. Do you think you could bring some stuff as well?" says Kate. " yeah I could bring some of my dads, he won't notice." a bottle of vodka couldn't hurt and since I am trying to make friends, this seems to be the best thing for it. "great"says Anna.  I pull out my iPod  and let my chemical romance take me to another place. 

The rest of the day goes by faster than usual which Is good. I couldn't stop thinking about the pale boy in the cemetery. 

The bell goes for the end of the day. 
Today I walk home with Anna and Kate, they live near me. I'm trying to look for the boy in the cemetery and listen to Kate debate to herself about what to wear with Anna nodding in every pause. Multi tasking is hard. They boy isn't there. Strangely I'm disappointed.

I can hear my mother hiss and curse to herself from the bottom of the drive.the car isn't there which means that  Dad isn't home not surprised. He never is home. He gets out of his room at 6 every morning and leaves. He comes back at about 6 every night, was tea with us while mum and dad fight and sometimes the topic even turns on to me, complaining about  grades, or my appearance or almost anything they can think of to harm me. he then drinks straight gin out of the bottle until about 10 minutes later he passes out on the kitchen table. This is where he stays until he wakes up 5 hours later and wonder to be paralytic. Now my mum,  she's a strange one, drinks about 20 cups of coffee every morning.  My evening consist of reading. 

I rush up stairs to my room tonight because the conversation downstairs seems to be taking a turn for ME. My room is pink, yes but full of posters from some of my favourite bands, mcr, blink 182, paramore, green day and bvb. I scramble into my pyjamas and relax my head on my pillows.... 
Next thing I know I'm back outside the cemetery. But this time the boy isn't there, something else is, a key.. I open the gate and rush over to the key, in the reflection of the key I can see bright ColorSync and people smiling and I can see the boy but as I reach for it it gets further and as I run it keeps getting further and further until its dissapeared and replaced with a noise ringing painfully in my ears. Why won't it stop? 
I open my eyes. 
I realise the ringing noise was my mobile. I see Kate's name and answer. "hello" I say in a tired voice. "Hey Hayley. What you doing" I quickly see a book "umm reading" not wanting to mention the fact that I was sleeping at 7 o clock at night. "reading? At this time in the morning?".  I look at the clock "Holy crap"! It's Morning? Whoah I slept for 1234........ I slept for 12 hours!  " what's wrong"? Says Kate " oh nothing just a spider, in my room, a big one" I quickly lied. "ok, umm.. What shows do you think I should wear today"? Jesus is she really asking me for advice on fashion? "black, school ones" I reply. "Well I have some black ones but they're dirty so I was thinking if I could get away with heals today since it's so dry and the"- my mind wandered from Kate's nonsense to look out the window, such a beautiful day,  ten sun didn't just shine it sparkled over the thick forests and rolling hills. To much. Maybe the boy would be in the cemetery again this morning? "what do you think"? Crap I wasn't listening " umm.. It's your feet and it's whatever feels most comfortable really". Good call. "I never thought of it like that before! Well I gotta go because times ticking in so catch you later byeeee" - the phone hung up- I shrug and put my phone in my bag by the side of the bed. I brush my teeth and throw on my uniform which consists of a checked skirt, knee high socks, a white shirt, red tie and a black blazer.. I actually didn't mind this uniform and it's actually quite comfy.  I brush my hair and leave for school.

The door slams behind me. My walk today is pleasant in the spring sun. I e eagerly awaited walking past the cemetery today. But when I got there, he wasn't there. "great" I said to myself. I was imagining it wasn't I, I must be coo coo just like my mum. I worriedly smile and continue to school.

Another boring day at school, there was another fight today between Tom Moore and another kid apparently because this kid broke his sisters heart, Stacey Moore, the most popular girl in school. I'm going to her party next Saturday.. I need clothes man. 

Mums out of the house this afternoon so I'm going to Starbucks, it's just down a little alley way from school. As I'm walking I'm listening to mcr Helena, I hear footsteps behind me, getting closer and closer.. I speed up my pace but before you know it I feel a thump on the back of my head. Fuck that hurts. I crash to the ground feeling helpless and get back up to find myself face to face with 5 year 10 boys. I take one look at them and turn around and start to walk. " where do you think you're going sweetie"? The group laugh, I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. One of them grab me by my leg and push me over. They're so strong, i fall over into a bush "stop it"!!!! I demand "please"!!! They don't listen. One of them hits me across the face. I scream in pain. They take my jacket off me. "what are these scars on your arm emo girl"? I hear one of them say. Great. They all laugh. They repeatedly kick  me in the ribs and leave me in the bush. As they leave they throw cans of beer at me. 

When I got home that night I went into my room and found my old razor.  I promised myself that after I left my old school I would never cut again but I can't fight the urge. Once you start you can never really stop. The razor dug deep into my wrist staining a scar into my skin, I lay back as the blood pours out. I drift off into another world... 
I open my eyes to find myself in a pool of blood. I look at my clock and see that it's 4 in the morning. I get my blood-soaked sheets and quietly put them in the washing basket folded up so the blood is no longer visible. I tiptoe back to my room and fall asleep. 

When I woke up that morning the sun shone right into my eyes. I got ready and left on time. When I got to school all of my crowd were already there which is good so I didn't have to awkwardly stand there alone. They are talking about the nice weather and how we should all go sun bathing at break.  " na I prefer being pale actually." I contribute to the conversation.  " we'll Hayley's right you know pale is in aaron the moment" someone says. "thanks to twilight"! Everyone laughs. 
That laughter continues into gym class and to lunch. 

As I'm walking through the hallway to the cafeteria at lunch an unexpected voice from behind me catches me by surprise. "was there something behin me in the cemetery or was it me you were looking at"? Says a perfect angel like voice from behind me. I nervously swing around to see him. The same as how I saw him with the sun beaming down on him, except for   Here, in the hallways there is no sun and all the other kids look so plain, how does he do that? I gasp. "something the matter" he raises one eyebrow. "N-n-n-o" I eventually spill out. 
This can't be happening. He does exist. And he's here. Talking to me. "good" he says and chuckles. "are you going to the cafeteria"? He points towards the cafeteria. "ugh- um- yea I was j-just headed there n-now actually". I reply. "good then, I'll join you if you don't mind, I'm new you see." I can't believe this he's actually talking to me. "ok, yeah, Sure"! 
We walk slowly together. I can't help but notice how elegantly he walks, more elegant than me, or even Kate. "oh and my names Gerard by the way. Gerard way." Gerard way. Perfect name. "I'm Hayley Williams, not the singer hayley Williams, the one that's me." he laughs. " for a second there I thought you were her in disguise or something. So how come you ended up with that name." I don't even know what to say around Gerard but things somehow just blurt out. "just a coincidence I guess since my parents have never heard of paramore" I tell him. " agh I see. So are you in year 9 like me?" omg yes he's in my year "yeah" I smile politely. 

We reach the cafeteria. I see the group sitting at their usual spot, I walk to them, Gerard follows looking around and admiring the cafeteria. " hey everyone this is Gerard" I point out to them with a grin waiting to see what their reaction would be. As I thought, all eyes on the boy, mouths hanging open, I'm surprised some of them didn't catch flies. " call me gee". Ok that's better I couldn't really pronounce the other word. " hey gee, you're new right? What school did you come from?" asks the baffling Anna. "a over in Florida, parents just wanted to move states." I could tell by the way he said that, there was a hint of sadness in his voice, he was remembering a sad time.

The day went fast because in most lessons me and gee were chatting about different bands and episodes of family guy. We seem to get along really well, mind you, everyone got along with Gerard, he'd crack jokes to about 3 people and the whole Class would hear and laugh. But I was am only true friend so far, he sits by me in ever lesson since we have most if them together. 

Walking home today was the best walk I'd had in a long time, because I was with gee. "so where bouts do you live lee" he'd decide to nickname be lee, I'm going to be honest, I kinda like it. "number 2 church street, do you know it"? I doubted he knew the streets yet. "yes! I live in number 3"! This day just gets better and better. "this is awesome" it truly is " tell me about it. 

It got dark early that evening, I ate tea with my parents-stew, ew- and went upstairs. I had a text each off Kate and Anna saying how gorgeous gee was, I didn't bother answer them because if I'm honest, I'm to busy thinking on that topic. I read some books and had a fag. Average evening and fell asleep. 

Every day that passed I spent with gee. Every night he somehow appeared into my dreams.

"so I was thinking that gee could come to the party on Saturday night" great idea Kate! "this Saturday"? Asked Gerard " no, next, and you 3 can stop at mine on the Friday if you want I thought it would be easier so we can all go together" said Kate. We all agreed and went to our classes. 

I think as I try to sleep... 
Next weekend would be a perfect time to tell her hie I feel about him. I've only known him 5 days but maybe he'll feel the same about me". 
My eyes stuck shut 
I'm crossing the street and a car is coming full pelt at me. Everyone I know is standing at the side of the road, except Gerard, gee isn't there. And from the other side of the road gee comes and pushes me out of the way. 
I stare at the sealing for a while and listen to the rain. Great. Sunny all week at school, but on the weekend. Rain 
I guess I better go get something to wear today. 

I grab my phone and go downstairs "mum I'm going to town on the bus today to get some new clothes, and I'm sleeping over at Kate's on Friday and Saturday night" I lie "ok, be careful then". 
I get dressed grab my stuff and leave, pulling my hood over me in the rain.  I make it just in time for the bus. I pay the driver and sit at the front, my phone goes off. I've got a text. From gee! 
Heeey look behind you. 

I turn around and sitting there is Gerard way, wet black hair. 

Me and gee shop around and chat, we go to starbucks, a pretty good day. 
"do you want to see my new house"? Omg can this be happening? I'm going to go in his house! "yeah  why not"
We get off the bus and walk up the path to church street. We go past my house. Mums gone out the lights are off. We get to the front door of gees house, it's slightly bigger than mine and more gran looking. He unlocks the door with a key from under the mat "no ones in" this must mean that we're home alone. This means that I'm alone in a house with gee. We get inside and the first thing I notice is the warmth and the smell of new oak. "my home" gee says whisking his hang on the fireplace. "it's lovely" it really was lovely. 

"take that jacket off it's soaking wet you'll get a cold" I sound a bit to worried about him, but he doesn't notice "yes mother" hr laughs. We stand there for a couple of seconds in silence. "well are you going to take it off"? Seriously ew. " yeah I will upstairs, to cold without any jacket" what is he on seriously. "it's warm enough in here gee, cone here..." I walk towards him and pull one arm out of the sleeve. "ohh.." I take a step back, shocked. There were scars on every inch if his arm, not one bit wasn't covered. Half of them were fresh. "I'm sorry, I'm a freak, you probably don't want to talk to me anymore but I just thought I should let you know that since I've met you, my life has been completely changed. You make me happy. That's all." I can't take all of this in one go! I think this means he feels the same as me...
A few moments passed and her was looking at his feet. 
"gee u don't think your a freak" I took my jacket off to reveal all of my scars and I hug him tightly. "take your  jacket off, it's fine I front of me." he takes his jacket off. I look into his eyes. "I love you" I'm completely taken by surprise! He loves me? This is the best day of my life. I step towards him and kiss him.


School is getting better. I have an actual friend Now. A proper friend who I can trust anything with. But maybe we're more than just friends, it's to soon to decide anything like that yet. So for now gee and I just sit in the patch where the light beams down in the cemetery, the place where I first laid eyes on the rest of my life
Sign up to rate and review this story