Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan Re-Write

Frank woke in the middle of the night, sweating and shaking. His heart was racing. 'Just another bad dream...' He thought to himself 'No need to get so worked up about nothing...'
But he couldn't help it. For a while he lay there, his bad dream going through his brain. He didn't want to think about it. Why was it him having bad dreams? Frank could hear his husband Gerard snoring ligthly beside him. How come Gerard never had nightmares?

Slowly, so as not to wake Gerard, Frank sat up. He reached under his bed and pulled out a small, square, brown leather book. He flipped it open and out fell a small leaflet titled 'St.Judas School For Girls.' Frank and Gerard had already passed the house test so if they wanted to adopt, they could do it right now if they wanted to. But were they ready? Frank wasn't so sure. The pair of them already had two children.

However, Frank never truely felt a part of the family. Although Frank loved Jude (Ten) and Cameron (Five) just as much as Gerard did, they weren't technically his children. Gerard had been married to a woman called Lyn-z for seven years but then they divorced after Gerard admitted to being gay. The kids went with Gerard because Lyn-z was declared an unfit mother. Gerard had given Cameron and Jude the choice of seeing their Mother, but neither of them wanted to.

Because of this, Frank felt like he was standing outside and looking. It was getting to him so much that Gerard had asked him if he wanted a third child. Frank had quickly agreed. Although he obviously couldn't get pregnant, he donated sperm and someone agreed to have his child for him. But then...

Frank didn't want to think about it. He looked outside and saw the sun was starting to rise so he snapped his diary shut and shoved it back under the bed. Trying to be as silent as possible, he got dressed and started getting ready to see Doctor Browning.


A few hours later, Frank was sitting in Doctor Browning's Office and looking rather uncomfortable. He had just told Doctor Browning the dreams he'd been having. "I believe your dreams could be caused from the stress, pain and greith you feel over the death of Jessica." Doctor Browning said "This could be why you keep dreaming that you were the one giving birth."

"But what if that's not what the dream means?"

There was a slight pause before Doctor Browning asked "What do you think they mean?"

"I-I don't know..." Frank admitted, going a little red "Maybe I'm just not ready to adopt."

"You wouldn't have passed the home test if you weren't ready for this." Doctor Browning re-assured him "But ultimately, it's your decision. And you shouldn't rush into something like this. Have you talked to your husband about it?" Frank nodded "What does he think?"

"He's ready to adopt." Frank took a deep breath "I... I want to adopt too."

"You shouldn't feel rushed into it on his part."

"No, it's not just for his sake." Frank looked down at the floor "I... I want to take the love we felt for Jessica and give it to someone who really deserves it."

Doctor Browning simply nodded and Frank continued "I drove past the wine store last night."

Silence. Until Doctor Browning asked "Did you go in?"

"No... No, but the thought... The thought went through my mind." Doctor Browning just looked at him "Not for myself you know, just in case we had guests or something. It would've been handy to have a bottle handy."

"But you didn't stop?" Frank shook his head "To me, that's progress. The fact that you thought about it doesn't matter. But you resisted. That's real progress Frank."

Frank smiled at her before looking at the clock "I've gotta go pick up Cameron from school. Thank you for your time though."


Frank stood outside 'Hamden School for the Deaf'. It was freezing cold and Frank didn't have a jacket but he didn't have to wait long. Cameron came running out of school, her long black hair in two bunches flying out behind her. She hugged Frank and he hugged her back. Her full name was Cameron Annabell-Lee Way, she was five years old and she was adorable! She had long black hair just two inches above her elbows that she always kept in two pigtails, grey eyes and Gerard's nose.

Frank kissed the small girl's nose and asked and signed "Hello! What did you do in school today?" Cameron held up a large picture of a butterfly "Oh wow, that's amazing! Did you draw this?"

'My teacher helped.' Cameron signed.

"Daddy's going to love this!" Frank told her, lifting her up in his arms and carrying her to the car.

[A/N] - HEY! Hope yew liked the first chapter :3 I know parts of it were a bit breif but they needed to be :L And the part about Frank + Gerard having another baby... Yeah to be perfectly honest, I dunno what I'm talking about when I write stuff like that so if I get facts wrong then feel free to point them out :3
Sign up to rate and review this story