Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Double Trouble

Remebrance and The Plot

by MarineManiac 1 review

"I sure do miss 'um already, right bro. Now let's hear InuToki's weird idea." -Yukiru

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kanna, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-24 - Updated: 2006-06-24 - 1498 words

0Unrated
Double Trouble Chapter 5

Remembrance and the Plot


Darkness, hate, and grief, floated about in this darkness...InuToki's darkness. She felt like she was floating in her own pool of darkness.

'I could have been nicer, I could have helped. Why was I such a jerk? I made their life miserable being such a stubborn donkey, acting on my own, complaining, I should have helped but now it's too late.' Her thoughts were turning against her she never thought this way always on the bright side of things. Memories were floating back to her, why now was anyone's guess.

"Daddy lookit me, I'm just like you!" four-year old InuToki said. Her ears had disappeared- her eyes a dark brown. She smiled widely as she ran to hug her father and mother at the same time. She was missing a tooth and she didn't have fangs at the moment because it was her time of transformation- a time that all half and quarter demons lose their strength to the human blood in their veins. Unlike half demons quarter demon are incapable for a FULL day from when the sun rises, sets, and comes back again.
Inuyasha and Kagome smiled at their daughter, so pure and innocent as if nothing could take her away...but them to be taken away. Toki looked up at Inuyasha with a smile,
"Daddy, can we play rocket? I like that game!"
"I don't know..." Inuyasha trailed off leaving the spotlight on Kagome.
"Sure you can...just be home by dark." Kagome replied. InuToki's face light up and she started running away from her father who in turn was chasing after her. He caught up and picked her up, throwing her into the air a little bit before catching her.


Back in the real world, Yukiru and Miki had finished burying both parent figures that belonged to them and InuToki. Kilala and Shippo were also taken care of; they looked at InuToki who was still unconscious her eyes were watering up and was crying in her sleep. Yukiru stuck her shovel into the ground and went to InuToki's form on the ground sitting down next to her and placing InuToki's head on her lap. Miki had down the same, only sitting down next to Toki and taking the jewel from her sleeve. It had grown a little darker but other than that nothing on the jewel had changed he placed it back into her sleeve.
"I'm...sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you mom, dad." escaped from her lips. Yukiru had a pretty good idea what was happening in Toki's mind so she did her best to comfort her from the outside, messing with her bangs scratching behind her ears, anything to make her happy.

InuToki's eyes cracked open slowly, to see Yukiru and Miki sleeping next to her, cuddled close, each having an arm around her chest.
"Thanks guys." She whispered before carefully lifting up both of their arms to free herself. The place where they slept was clean and blood free so she thought that was the best place to put them. She got back to the two who were still asleep; they had lapped together their hands. She sighed and smiled, she broke apart the hands and lifted them both up over her shoulder and carried them to the small shack where they had slept for the past thirteen years together. She covered them up in the blankets that were never made for thirteen years,
"Thank You...I'll be back, no worries." InuToki whispered before leaving the shack and leaping off where she smelt the fresh dirt that had been dug up. She brought firewood with her and matches to start a fire.

Six small piled of freshly dug up dirt laid in a row, the scent of each of the people was still fresh. She smelled Kagome's liquid she called shampoo, and the scent of a dog next to that mound. She sat down in-between those graves and started a fire that was next to her. She stared at the fire, thinking before burying her hands into her face, crying.


"I'm not ready, you can't leave now. We're not ready for any of you to leave...why? Please just let this be a sick dream...I'll wake up soon right, please just somebody tell me it's a cruel joke."
"Dad, you promised you'd teach me everything you knew about fighting and wielding Tessaiga...Mom you said you'd always be there for me and teach me anything you could, to home my skills. Why now? Why'd you have to leave us now... I remember all the stories you told us about your adventures. How you'd leave the group to go to the future for a day or two through the well, mom. How Dad used to be so stubborn you used the-" she stopped crying wiping her eyes. She had just realized how to prevent this from ever occurring. The well in Kaede's village that's how Kagome traveled through the well, if she inherited her father's blood to travel between the time periods then she just had to let Yukiru and Miki borrow the Shikon no Tama she had hatched the perfect plan and she was riddled with joy at the moment. Ushering a quick prayer to all six graves and putting out fire she ran to Kagome and Inuyasha's hut. The last couple of steps she could still the fresh blood coming from the floor, she lit a nearby candle to get some light in the room. It was very clean and no blood could be seen and only with the sharpest noses could still smell it.
At the foot of a bed there was a brown reed chest which was exactly what she was looking for. Literally diving to the chest she opened it and started shifting around and throwing some stuff out onto the floor,

"Festival Kimono...
Winter kimono..
Summer kimono...
Don't know what that thing is...
Sweater...
Skirt...
Don't wanna know what that is... Ahh ha there it is!"

InuToki pulled out a green skirt, white blouse (with green on it) and a red tie, socks followed and shoes were found next. InuToki closed the door to her parents' room, praying the clothes fit.
After a few minutes she adjusted everything how she thought it went. She walked to a mirror to see that they were almost a perfect fit. A little big but she could shrink them in the river later, if her ears and eyes were a different color. She would be a spitting image of her mother.

Being respectful InuToki put everything back where she found it, changing back into her blue kimono she kept her mother's look- alike clothes in her hand. She opened up the door to see Yukiru and Miki about ready to open the door.
"You guys, I have an idea, about how to bring back our parents."

Both children seemed shocked at her sentence as both dropped their jaws and their eyes going wide.

"Come on I'll explain in the main hut." She showed them the uniform in her hands.

Back in the hut, InuToki sat down with a small fire going in the middle of the room, she sat cross legged and the twins sat next to each other,
"First of all, I want to thank you for what you did. Next, I want to tell you my idea.
Okay remember all those stories that my mom told us?" InuToki asked. Both nodded slowly, cautiousness was in their mind thinking InuToki had lost it.
"Good, remember the one where she used the well to get to the future? Well I tried on my mother's uniform and I looked just like her with it on except my ears and eye color. The full moon is in a couple of days and I think I can imitate her for a little while until we can get into the new well."
"Well I like the idea but-"
"ARE YOU FEELING ALL RIGHT?" Yukiru cut Miki off. She raced over to InuToki and started feeling her forehead before finally letting off and staring intently at her.
"Are you alright?" Miki and InuToki said at the same time, looking at each other before finally going back to staring at Yukiru.
"Look, Toki, we'll sleep on it. For now let's all just get some sleep, we have al lot to of work tomorrow remember?" Miki said, he started pulling on Yukiru to drag her to bed. InuToki stayed to put out the fire and left her mother's clothes there, they'd be there in the morning anyways.

She climbed into bed, shortly after Miki and Yukiru finally got into bed. As always she was in-between the two or else she'd face Yukiru's wrath, which she didn't feel like facing right now. With Tessaiga being gripped tightly underneath her pillow she fell asleep.

Sorry so short, I just thought it would be a good place to cut off.
Sign up to rate and review this story