Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Double Trouble

Our Dysfunctional Family

by MarineManiac 0 reviews

"You know it's seriously weird. One moment minding your own business in a haze of enjoyment and BAM! Your uncle wants to kill you! What the hell is that smell!?!?!??" -InuToki

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kanna, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-02 - 1524 words

0Unrated
Double Trouble Chapter 6

Our Dysfunctional Family...

A tall man walked through the night, his long silver hair flowing in the slight breeze. At his side was a small toad demon and a two headed dragon, riding on the dragon was and a tall young lady in a bright orange kimono, who appeared to be asleep. The toad demon was a deep olive green with wide eyes, wearing a ceremonial priest outfit in black and brown, he carried a tall staff that had carvings of a man and a woman the hair going down. The young lady had very long black hair a small portion of her hair was in a ponytail but not much. The tall man was walking silently, gold eyes glowing in the moonlight and long flowing fur off his shoulder not quite touching the ground he walked on. He was wearing a white and red kimono with steel plated armor on his chest and above his left shoulder; his left arm was missing from some accident in the past.


"Sesshomaru-sama, where is it you are going?" asked the toad demon, he was talking to the tall man.

Sesshomaru was silent, as he was normally; he looked at the two at his side the light of the moon reflecting off his pale face,
"Jaken stay here with Ah-Un and Rin." He kept his sentence short, which also was normal for him. His face now more visible you could see a wide purple crescent moon on his fore-head and two magenta stripes on each of his cheeks.
"But- Sesshomaru-sama, where are you going?" Jaken interrupted
"If you must know I am going to pay a visit with my niece, and try to stop events from reoccurring." Sesshomaru replied, his voice monotone. Sesshomaru turned and started walking, soon a light blue light enveloping him and turning into a light blue ball going into the air. Once Sesshomaru left, Jaken sighed not really wanting to baby sit Rin for the umpteenth time, as he had been doing for the past 20 years.


Tessaiga shook in InuToki's hand, waking her up. She groggily opened her eyes, Tessaiga vibrating more as the seconds passed by. She wiped some sleep from her eyes and clumsily got up, almost tripping over her own feet. She got to the opening of the hut and yawned loudly not really caring if she woke someone up.
"What do you want?" she asked to no one in particular. There wasn't anyone there, she was just babbling in the dark, or talking to Tessaiga...either way she'd be marked insane. She started walking out into the dirt, swaying and babbling somewhat as if having a hangover.


BAM!

InuToki's face came in contact with something, hard but at the same time fluffy. Tessaiga was really vibrating as she pointed the sheathed sword at the figure; she had been backing away some time.
"Who the hell, are- are you... and what do you want wit me?" There was a slight slur to her words and a babbling noise from her lips. Her eyes became more focused over the next minute and a half or so, to see she was yelling at a wall. Giving out a sarcastic laugh she turned around to see Sesshomaru staring coldly at her. She focused her eyes to see him, not knowing who he truly was, but he had a similar scent to her father's.
"Who are you?" she asked and pausing, "Why do you smell like my father?" she was now semi fully awake, not quite awake but just enough to where she wasn't a blabbering idiot.
"Why do you posses the fang?" Sesshomaru asked, ignoring her question. InuToki stuck Tessaiga into her belt and unsheathed it,
"I'm sorry but I have a whole mouth full of fangs, please be a bit more specific."
"Tessaiga, Tenseiga the swords of heaven and earth, why do you posses Tessaiga, of earth?" Sesshomaru became more specific, creeping Toki out. How did he know about Tessaiga, her father's sword and who was he?
"I posses the Tessaiga, because of my father's recent passing. Who are you?"
"Sesshomaru." He answered simply, drawing one of his two swords and pointed it at Toki and speaking again,
"You're not worthy of the fang from my father." He charged quickly leaving Toki hardly a chance to react, but she blocked it.
"What do you mean, your father, I'm an only child!" InuToki was pushing back as hard as she could and was surprisingly able to push Sesshomaru back a bit. She retreated somewhat and ran passed Sesshomaru to the forest where she once was with Inuyasha, it was far away from Yukiru, Miki, the village and the graves so it was the safest place to be. As she thought, Sesshomaru followed her and matched her speed. He struck again, and InuToki blocked,
"What grudge do you have against me? I don't even know you!" InuToki asked, wincing as she tried to push him back.
"I will not my father's sword go to the hands of my worthless, half-breed brother's daughter." He answered retreating to strike again. This blow, InuToki couldn't stop and she was blown back into a tree. Before she knew it Sesshomaru was holding her by the throat up against the tree, Tessaiga dug deep into the earth she was clawing at Sesshomaru's grip on her throat.

"Why? What'd...I ever...do to...you?" InuToki was able to gasp out; breathing was hard as he strengthen his grip on her throat.
"The fact that a worthless half-breed could wield a powerful sword such as Tessaiga, you a quarter demon can wield it too, while I Lord Sesshomaru can not." He paused, "You don't deserve to walk this earth, or the blood that runs in your veins."
Sesshomaru tightened his grip around her throat, she fought it but to no avail. Her pulse slowed, and her vision started to get blurry from lack of oxygen. Sesshomaru suddenly lost his grip as she saw a black aura shoot across her eyes, knocking Sesshomaru away. InuToki fell to her knees coughing and choking gasping for air, she looked in the direction of the blast as no one was there. She decided not to think about it for that moment; she had bigger fish to fry. She stood up weakly and brought Tessaiga to her, she charged the still dumbfounded Sesshomaru and clashed swords with his.
"So in other words you hate my very existence without knowing me? People like you make me sick. By the way you called my father a worthless half-breed you're probably the one who killed him and my mother. YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" They withdrew and clashed again,

Don't be a fool now, he didn't kill them, I did.

Nobody heard or saw him as Kaitou watched the fight intently; he chuckled at the fact that Toki believed her own uncle killed her parents. It wasn't true of course but he loved to toy with people. It was a quality he inherited from his father, to toy with people and enjoy it. He may have saved Toki from the wrath of her uncle at the moment but only because of the plans he had for her later, the plans he did have.

Sesshomaru had backed away, a light yellow glow from his fingertips started to appear and he snapped his wrist at Toki, a whip of light shooting at her. She dodged and continued forward, Sesshomaru continued to try to whip her, missing every time. InuToki slashed and missed, Sesshomaru countered his hand now a green glow, he pointed his hand at InuToki. The green aura shot at her, a deadly poison but she didn't know that and it found it's way to her eye. Her world was black, she couldn't see anything, only her hearing and sense could help her know. She stumbled backward, trying to stay away from Sesshomaru she could hear his footsteps coming quick towards her.
She stayed quiet and listened as he came,

The place where the swirling demonic auras collide, strike there to perform the Wind Scar...

She was blind, but she charged at Sesshomaru with deadly accuracy, she smelt a rip in the air and plunged the sword cutting through the small rip.
"WIND SCAR!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. A white and yellow ray shot out of the sword towards Sesshomaru, hitting him directly. He was almost dead, as his other sword the Tenseiga pulsed once and saved him, he was gone.

InuToki stood there, breathing heavily, she fell backwards her back hitting a tree. Sheathing Tessaiga, she grabbed her throat. She had inhaled some poison and it was acid in her throat, her eyes were unable to see temporarily she sat there thinking about what could've happened.

Kaitou clapped an evil smile on his lips, "Well done. It seems you're already starting to gain power, it won't be long." He stopped clapping, and disappeared into darkness.
__
MM: Sorry if Sesshomaru seemed a little out of character but I couldn't get his personality all together. ...Did I have any Japanese in this chapter besides the names?!?!
Sign up to rate and review this story