Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Double Trouble

Enter : The Kazzanna's First Chance

by MarineManiac 1 review

Well because I'm my usual ditzy self I end up pushing Toki off of Kika. I sure miss them but we're doing all we can.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kanna, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-26 - 2468 words

0Unrated
Double Trouble Chapter 7

Enter: The Kazzanna's First Chance

As InuToki sat there in the dead of night, clutching her throat all she could think of was the pain it was giving her. If it wasn't for her nose she probably couldn't breathe. Her ears provided the perfect cover to hear anything that moved close by, her eyes burning every time she opened them, would she blinded forever? Hell no. If she was quick enough than she could make it to the lake in time to save her vision and throat.

Tessaiga was sheathed and she began running to the stream using her sense of smell. Through the vibrations in the ground she could tell she had wiped out a good deal of forest with her attack and she would gawk at that later. When she reached the lake she sat down and felt the ground trying to find the water. She found it and pulled out a hankerchief her mother had given her and dabbed it into the water. She soaked that onto her eyes to repair her vision, opening them slightly to let the water get through. It stung for a couple of seconds but now she could open her eyes and see. Next she dabbed it again into the water only this time sucking on the pink cloth. She reached into her kimono again, this time taking out the Shikon no Tama, its pink aura was pure and mystical as she stared at it intently. She wondered what or who had saved her, why did Sesshomaru come after her of all people, how could she wield the Tessaiga so easily only after two days of practice? Her life was turning upside down after her parents' death; she knew how she could stop it but now she was having second thoughts. You can't bring the dead back to life, but she could stop it. That would alter history, and the time stream itself was already corrupted due to Kagome's travels.

Or was it? If Kagome was supposed to bring a bag of chips into the past then she would have done it and nothing happened. But if she wasn't than the past it self would worship a potato chip goddess known as Kagome Higurashi. Toki figured the same rules applied, if she was supposed to go back in time then she wouldn't be worshipped for the child to bring back the dead. Confused at her own logic, InuToki put the jewel back into her kimono and continued to suck on the hankerchief.

"Mew."

She looked to her let and saw a little black kitten, Kika. Kika, hopped into Toki's lap, looking at her with her blue eyes. Toki couldn't help but smile, scratching her behind the ear, making her purr.

"Thanks Kika, I might not be alive it if wasn't for you." Toki said, falsely believing it Kika who had rescued her. She was staring at the moon and how it reflected off the glassy waters of the lake. The moon was almost full and she grimaced at the thought of being stuck in a human body all day. Kika had gotten out of her lap and transformed into her bigger version sensing what might have been on InuToki's mind. As she looked at Kika she went up to her face and petted her,

"Well I need to do something, can you take me to the village?" with that Toki jumped onto her back and the both of them were flying through the air in a matter of minutes. InuToki was looking at the ground noticing how much forest she had cleared and almost giving herself a heart attack. Dirt met with grass as it went out diagonally from one point. Sesshomaru was no where to be seen.

Did I really kill my uncle? Damn...didn't know I could be so heartless...

Kika had stopped a couple of minutes later at he shack where Toki had to get a few things, a lamp, a shovel, a cloth, and some string. She used the string to tie up her sleeves and the cloth to tie her hair so it would get into her face. She lit the lamp and placed it on the end of the shovel before walking over to Kika.

"Kika, stay here and watch over Miki and Yuki alright? I don't need any help right now." Kika nodded and in a whirlwind of ice she shrunk back into a small kitten with one tail. Toki turned the other way and started walking towards the village that she lived in.

As Toki entered the village she was humming a sad tune, half the houses were burnt down and many bodies lined the dirt road. Much of the dirt had turned red with the villagers' blood and incased whichever villager it had belonged to. Toki set the lamp down and started digging a hole big enough for a six foot person, when she finished she would put a person and bury them. Digging a grave she was solemn for respect, and she was sorry she hadn't down this earlier.

It had taken all night, but InuToki had finished. The morning sun was just starting to come over the horizon as she wiped her forehead from the sweat that had accumulated. She had been burying the dead of her village and praying for their save journey to the afterworld as she would do for any dead she had buried. She planted the shovel into the ground before collapsing to the ground in exhaustion, she wasn't unconscious, she was just tuckered out and sitting on her butt. She had buried, and prayed for every villager in the village...every child, every woman, and every man. Her nose was numb from the stench of blood that had accumulated on her and her hands.

Taking the string out of her sleeves, the cloth that had kept her hair from getting into her face she ran to the supply closet to put the three items back.

God, I HATE this smell... how did dad put up with it? InuToki thought to herself. She was in another area with a hot spring; she had brought with her something Kagome called, 'shampoo' and 'conditioner', Tessaiga, and a towel to dry off with. The surrounding forest was dimly lit, due to the time frame. The light that was there reflected off the water, and the rocks creating a peaceful mood. The Shikon no Tama was wrapped around Toki's throat as a necklace as the pure pink light radiated off her semi-tan skin. She dunked her head underwater, only her ears sticking out because of the shallowness. She reached for the first bottle of an orange gel that she fused with her hair. Bubbles formed and she scrubbed hard, using excess to wash herself. The smell of blood still clung to her like a fly on rotten fruit, it was sickening to her and she tried to smell the water, the shampoo, and anything else but it was too strong. She rinsed the shampoo out of her hair, her ears perking up to hear something...the deep laughter of none other than Kaitou. She could hear him, coming closer...literally yanking off the Shikon no Tama from her neck she hid it in her stomach, as she wrenched up to keep a male from seeing her. He walked through the dark forest approaching the hot spring, smiling mischievously at InuToki, she glared to match it.

"What the hell are you doing spying on me taking a bath you sick perv." venom dripping from every word she said to him. She took this chance to role the Shikon no Tama into her hands, grasping it from view and swam behind a rock away from his view.

"Just dropping by, but it seems I came at a bad time."

Clueless...

"I really expected a thank you, though. I mean if it wasn't for me you would have been killed by your uncle." He shrugged, "That really hurts, aren't you grateful?"

"Gee...thanks." She said sarcastically, "Now, leave me alone, so I can enjoy my bath without a ecchi chikan looking at me."

"Ouch...if I had a heart you broke it." He paused, "Fine I get the idea." With that he disappeared into a dark abyss.

InuToki sighed in relief, grabbing the conditioner and finished her hair. She sat there soaking for about an hour until finally drying off and getting into her clothes. The Shikon no Tama was safe inside her inner pocket, located in her sleeve. The stream that was south from the onsen that harbored many fish, Toki decided she'd make breakfast for Yukiru and Miki. Nabbing eleven fish on four sticks she went back to the main hut and got a fire going. They started sizzling soon and were smelling great, two drowsy children and a black kitten followed there noses to the cooking.

"G'morn'... How long you been up?" Yukiru asked InuToki yawning at the end of her sentence. Toki shrugged, not really knowing how long she had been up.

"Good morning, Toki." The more polite Miki said, now just getting his eyes open. The each of the trio grabbed a stick with three fish on it, Toki grabbing the last stick with two fish on it for Kika. As they ate, InuToki told what she did for the day and the plan they agreed on last night, only leaving out the details with Kaitou. They agreed they would head to Kaede's Village as soon as they got ready; Toki had to take care of something there before she turned human the next morning.

About an hour and a half had passed but Yukiru, and Miki had gotten ready. While they had gotten ready, Toki had gotten more fish and wrapped them into some 'foil' something else Kagome had brought from the future. They packed that into Kagome's backpack, Toki being the one to carry it. They had said their goodbyes and final prayers to everyone, knowing they would never see this home until they brought their parents home.

The wind was dead, only the passing wind flowed through InuToki's hair as she stared behind her on Kika's back. For once Yukiru was silent and Miki wasn't gazing at the beautiful view. Each locked into their own thoughts, each silent in their own way. Yukiru and Miki had agreed to InuToki's plan on the condition that they wouldn't rest until they had found the assassin. They had left behind everything, the memories, the hopes, the dreams of the past and only carried what they could on their backs. InuToki stared at the passing scenery, green grass, lush trees, dirt paths and clear water ways found their way to other towns. Miki was staring at his right palm, wondering how he should use it, if he should use it. The one they would ask for answers, would he be there? Or was he dead too, and what about the craftsman, had he died of old age? What happened to the raccoon-dog Miroku had traveled with? What happened to all the old partners of the gang, had they met the same fate? No, InuToki couldn't think that way not this early in the game.

Hours and minutes passed, it was twilight by the time the village was on the horizon. They had eaten the fish that hey brought along for a late lunch. InuToki clueless of the arrival to the village continued to stare until she was nearly pushed off by Yukiru shaking her.

"Toki! Look it's the village! We're here!"

"Umm...sis, only one problem..." Miki spoke up is voice somewhat dull.

"What?"

"You pushed Toki off..."

Kika and Yukiru looked down to indeed see Toki falling. She fell into a group of evergreen trees birds of many breeds were heard squawking as they abandoned the nest.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Toki's voice boomed like thunder, obviously pissed.

Kika went down, into the trees gracefully as she kept her two passengers on. They touched the ground, Kika leaving them to get an aerial view. Yukiru and Miki walked through the forest, night approaching. Both could hear InuToki flailing and causing commotion. Minutes into the forest they found Toki, her head being beaten by a woodpecker everytime she moved.

"'Bout time. Now get me down from here!" she yelled at the two. Her arms caught in branches and other branches had her tangle to the tree.

"We don't have anything to cut you with, Toki." Miki said an uneasy tone to his voice. Yukiru looked over to him and smiled big putting her left over his shoulder,

"But we do!" she paused bringing her right hand to his face. "With the Kazzanna we could break her free." Knowing Miki would never fall for the idea, she was coaxing him, manipulating. Often she had control over that, but she never really used it often.

"Well...I don't know..."

"Come on, we step back a few feet and close it at the last second nothing will happen. Trust your younger sister. Trust me."

Finally giving in, Miki step back about 5 feet, Yukiru doing the same.

"Toki, if anything should go wrong, hold on to something strong for dear life." Yukiru said she was unsure of the power from the Kazzanna, being they never used it before.

"On three..." Miki stated Yukiru nodded as InuToki gulped, nervous as a mouse backed into a corner by a cat. They readied their right palms, holding onto the beads that held the cloth that kept the Kazzanna closed. The both kept their eyes closed,

"Hitotsu..." Miki said calmly,

Yukiru went next, "Futatsu"

"Mi!" They both said the final countdown together; their eyes shot open as they both opening their Kazzanna as one. The voids immediately started sucking up many tree roots, leaves and other things. InuToki's hair whipping in front of her she couldn't see anything, like they could hear her over the vacuums. She was really nervous, she had heard the stories about the Kazzanna, and how the victim would be sucked in and never seen again. These two amateurs controlled it with ease. She closed her eyes moments later hearing the branches starting to break, she didn't want to see it.

Ecchi- indecent, lewd

Chikan- pervert

Hitotsu- One

Futatsu- Two

Mi- Three

Nervous as a mouse backed into a corner by a cat. I know hat sounds lame but let me know if you want to know what I was going to put. I mean really, really, REALLY want to know.

Also I know you want longer chapters but really, I just cut it off where I find the most evil place. In other words, I LOVE cliffhangers...

...

...

when I'm doing them.

Man I wish I had more readers...
Sign up to rate and review this story