Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll never let them hurt you, I promise.

Start of Something

by tainted 0 reviews

I decided to go on, sorry if this was long. But I have so much I want to put in, even though no one really cares. But if you are reading hope you stick around and maybe tell me what you like and di...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-08 - Updated: 2012-02-08 - 1246 words

0Unrated
Ch. Two - Start of Something
A piercing sound struck through my eardrums seeping into my dream and ruining it. I flung myself out of bed to turn off my alarm. "Uhh" I sighed as I realized today was the day. My first day of my junior year in high school.

I ran to the bathroom to wash my face and all that, then grabbed some toast to keep my stomach at ease. I decided to wear a pair of jean shorts my black and grey vans and a baggy dark green v-neck. I figured I should really lay off with the band tees or people will think I have no other clothes.
I don't wear much makeup just dark green smudged eyeliner to make my green eyes pop, loads of mascara and some blush but only to contour my somewhat round face. The only thing I couldn't decide was if I wanted to let my long black hair hang flat and straight or if I should curl the bottoms.

My phone lit up with a text from Gerard. "Hey E, ready for your first day? I'm already dressed if you wanna meet at the coffee house. Let me know soon." Made me smile real big and surprisingly I was ready too. A notebook, nearly empty pack of cigs, a water bottle, my sketch book and some pencils all in my over-the-shoulder bag and now I'm off. I listened to my ipod, like always, as I walked down the main road and a street over to the small coffee house. I smiled when I saw Gerard's pick up truck parked in the front all alone. I bit my lip and quickened my step.

Also smiling was Gerard when I waved to him from the big window as I approached the door. "Whatcha listening to?" Gerard said as I pulled out the chair from his table. He was examining me while he sipped his coffee, it wasn't a normal stare either, more of a search. His eyes moved over me, up and down.

"Blink-182, duh." I answered, trying to seem like I didn't notice him staring. "Was my first guess." He replied with a cute smirk. I couldn't help but notice how cute he looked, not like I never notice him being cute before but right now he just looked adorable. He was wearing a tight misfits tee and dark fit jeans with red converses. The front layers of his lengthy black hair fell over his sharp cheekbones and the rest curled in around his neck.

The sound of his foot tapping the floor to the beat of my ipod made me realize to pause it and put it away. "Don't take this the wrong way but you look..uh well, more alive today than I've seen in a while." Gerard said putting his coffee down on the table. His eyes were right on mine while he waited for my reply. "Uh hah, I- that's weird? I guess." Shit, why am I stuttering. He smirked again and turned his head on an angle giving me the I'm-onto-you look. I tried to pass it off with a laugh and continued on. "I want this year to be better and for the past to stay behind, you know?"

"Good, good. Stepping in on the right foot and all that shit." He chuckled a bit as he spoke. "You want a coffee? I'm going to get another." Gerard was obsessed with coffee which I'm not judging since I'm the one hooked on cigarettes, but it was just unnatural. He could drink gallons at once. "No, no. Thanks though." I said watching him get up. We talked some more after he came back to the table. Reminiscing in all of our summer memories and boy were there a lot. We practically were attached to each other over the summer, and more than we have ever been. Then it was time to go.

We hopped in his truck and hit the road. "I uh, I like your outfit. Never saw that shirt on you before, looks good." Gerard said while peeking at me. I laughed a bit due to his seriousness. "Thanks, like I said I want this year to go good so I'm doing things differently." "No problem, just being honest." He sniffled a bit after her blurted that out. Coffee in one hand and other on the wheel. I watched him while he took a long sip. He could feel me watching him.

"Hey cut that out, why're you staring?" He said as a smile crept on his face. "What's the matter? I can't look at you all of a sudden?" I said in a teasing way. "Well no just not when I'm not looking at you back becau- never mind. I don't know what I'm getting at." He had started off playful then his voice became muffled and soft as he finished. His awkwardness made me laugh. He shrunk down in his seat as if embarrassed while I was laughing. I slipped against his leather seats and my head fell on his lap. I was still giggling a bit. I looked up at him from my position. He was watching the road with a big smile on his face.

"Why don't we skip first period and go to the lake and just lay here like this with my ipod playing." I said to him still in the same spot on his lap. He glanced down at me and widened his eyes. He hated school but he wasn't really a bad kid, he wanted an education so he could get into a good art school afterwards. "I'm just kidding Gee!" I said as I slapped his chest." He laughed and said "Ohhh good, I couldn't tell, you're getting too good at fooling me."

I got up from his lap to notice we were getting close to the school. I pulled out a cigarette and leaned over to the window on the passenger side. "Eh, let me bum a cig off you." I took a strong puff and stretched over to hand him mine. I know smoking's bad but after what happened I just got hooked on them, and I may have accidentally took Gerard down that road with me.

We pulled up to the school before I got to finish my smoke, so I put it back in my pack for lunch. "If we have lunch together you're sharing that with me." Gerard said watching me put the pack in my bag. "Sure thing." Our schedule didn't have the lunches written in and we had no classes together so this was our only hope. When we both got out of his truck he walked over to my side and gave me a big hug. He kissed my head and hugged tighter. "You're not going through this alone, and if something happens, which won't, but if so you know I'm here. Just a text away and we'll meet in the basement hall." He let go and pulled his backpack straps over both shoulders. I looked up at him since he's always been taller than me. Thank you so much, I don't think you know how much you mean to me. What I wanted to say was floating on my tongue. But I couldn't spit it out. All I could say was thanks but I did manage to tell him that his pep talk made me feel a slit bit of confidence.
Sign up to rate and review this story