Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > New School, New Attitude

Chapter 2

by partypoisonlove 1 review

Frank and Gerard's day out.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-18 - 1458 words

0Unrated
We were outside walking along a street I didn’t know the name of. I had no idea why but Gerard was still walking with me. I thought he told me he was leaving school so he could ditch me. We had been walking in silence to no place in particular. I still had a pool of nervousness sitting in my stomach but I was starting to relax into the façade as time went on. I had become a little more comfortable in Gerard’s presence.

“So what brings you to this school? There has to be a reason you started here in October.” Gerard finally spoke up. I tensed. I couldn’t tell him I was wimp that got beat up everyday. “What? Don’t want me to know about your past or something?” he laughed. I knew he was joking around but I couldn’t help but to get a little uneasy by the question. I should’ve seen it coming, its natural to be curios but I had expected Gerard to ditch me by the time we get off school grounds.

“Maybe..” I said slyly. Gerard raised an eyebrow. We had stopped walking now and were leaning against some factory building that appeared to be abandoned.

“C’mon, spill.” I quickly raked my brain for some excuse.

“I wanted to transfer. We were moving and I didn’t like the people at my old school. They annoyed me. This school is closer to my new house anyways.” So, it wasn’t a complete lie. But the tone of my voice made it sound like I was the bully, not the victim. He just nodded.

“Frank, is it?” I nodded. “Does Frank have a last name?”

“Iero.” I answered, taking out a cigarette. “Want one?” I mumbled while trying to keep the cigarette between my lips without it falling.

“Sure.” He gave me a toothy smile, when I noticed his small white teeth. I tossed him the pack while I lit mine. He lit his with his own lighter and handed the pack back. We started walking again. “So, where are we going?” Gerard asked over some time.

“I have no idea. I haven’t been in this area before.” I admitted shyly, but quickly recovered as I slightly remembered a part of this area. “Well once, but I don’t quite remember it.” I answered honestly.

“Why is that?” Gerard questioned raising an eyebrow at me. I cleared my throat and spat out my response.

“I was drunk.” Gerard stopped and looked and me funny. Then smiled. “What?” I felt uncomfortable and stopped walking, also, shifting my weight from one foot to the other every few seconds.

“You just don’t look like the type.” I gave him a puzzled look.

“Why not?” I sounded quite offended, because well, I was. He laughed and shrugged.

“I want coffee.” Gerard announced. He turned around and headed down the street. Of course since I had no idea where I was really, I decided to follow. Besides, Gerard didn’t seem to mind.

“So, got any brothers or sisters?” Gerard asked when a small coffee shop came into view.

“No way, its my turn to ask. You’ve been asking all the questions so far.” I wanted to know about Gerard. This guy that was my ‘guide’ that I just happened to skip school with.

“Sounds fair.” We entered to shop and Gerard went to get his coffee and I found somewhere to sit. The place wasn’t busy, but not deserted either. There were a few people here and I didn’t mind. I found a spot in the corner where no one was.

“So Frank, what would you like to know about me?” Gerard asked once he got to our table for two. He had a small smirk on his face which made me feel like he knew I was hiding something.

“Umm.. Have you always lived here?” He nodded as he took a long sip of his coffee. Gerard hummed in satisfaction and smiled. “Do you have any brothers or sisters?”

“Yeah, a brother. His name is Mikey. He is in like, all of my classes. Which means he will be in your classes, too. He’s my fraternal twin.” He smiled his toothy smile that is impossible to not return. We sat in a mostly comfortable silence while Gerard finished his coffee in the 2 minutes it took him to finish. “Lets get goin’.” I breathed a ‘kay’ and followed him out the door.

“Why did you follow me? I mean, when we left school you stuck by me. You could’ve just left me.. or am I just that attractive?” I asked trying sounding arrogant. Which I am not. I really think I’m not good looking at all. I lit up cigarette and waited for his answer.

“I dunno.” Gerard shrugged and looked down. I was going to ask more but I was interrupted. He looked suddenly somewhat shy, not as cocky anymore. I wanted to know what he was thinking and what caused the sudden shyness.

“Frank!” We stopped and looked around. “FRANK!” I did a 180 and saw no other, than my mom.

“Fuck..” Gerard gave me a puzzled look. I remembered my cigarette and, as fast as I could, shoved it between his lips. “Give me a minute.” He looked startled from the sudden ‘gift’ but contently smoked it anyways.

“Frank, why the fuck aren’t you in school?! It’s your first day for god’s sake!” Linda yelled at me from her car. Swallowing hard, I walked over to her. “Get in the car. you are going back to school. And were you smoking? Frank, that could kill you! You are not allowed to do that. Do you hear me?”

“Linda, I am not going with you. You see, I am walking with my guide. Therefore, it is not all that bad. Blame it on him for not bringing me to my class.” I made a weird hand gesture towards Gerard. “I’m going now, bye.” I felt quite bad talking to Linda in such a demeaning manor. She was my mom, you weren’t supposed to talk to your parent like that, but I had to. I couldn’t blow my chance at being cool. I had to try.

“Frank.. Frank! This discussion is not over!” I kept walking. “You are grounded, mister! We will finish this talk at home!” and with that, she drove off. Man, I am going to be in so much shit.

“Who was that?” Gerard laughed at my annoyed look. “You are grounded, mister! And no smoking because its bad for you!” Gerard mimicked in a higher tone.

“Linda.. My mom.” I muttered. Gerard just laughed. I scratched at my head and let out a shaky breath. “God, I need a drink.” He stopped laughing and studied my face. “What?”

“You look like a kid that would hide a bottle of Vodka under your bed.” I stared at him. How did he know that? Gerard must’ve caught on to my look. “You look like the type. I used to be that type.”

“Why do you keep saying I’m ‘that type’?” I emphasized with air quotes, snatching my almost gone cigarette back. He shrugged. “I thought I wasn’t the type to drink at all” I retorted taking the last drag before stomping out the dead cigarette.

“Well, I changed my mind. Since you told me you drink, I can imagine what type of drinker you are.” Gerard nodded his head once as if he was satisfied by his own logic. I shook my head.

“You do realize how creepy you sound right? So what, now you think about my life? I bet by the end of the week you’ll have a shrine of me in your bedroom closet.” I joked. I was completely relaxed. Just me and Gerard. This must be what it feels like to hang out with friends.

“You wish, Iero. For all I know, you could already be planning how you are going to make room for a shrine of me in your closet.” I laughed knowing he was kidding. I wasn’t going to let it get to me.

“Well then Mr. Way, if you just know what type I am, can you tell me what ‘type’ you are?”

“Does it really matter?” Gerard said and started walking. He had started being mysterious again. We didn’t talk again after that, both left in our own thoughts.



A/N: okay another update. i hope you like it. i'm off of school for a week so i plan on updating a little faster. please R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story