Categories > Original > Drama > The Last Goodbye

If You Hear This On The Radio

by echeloncookie 0 reviews

**David Cook fanfic since there is no section for them** David and his crew leave L.A. for the sandy beaches of Monroeville, Alabama.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-02-21 - Updated: 2012-02-21 - 1127 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: I don't own David Cook, nor do I own the title, The Last Goodbye or the chapter titles.

THE LAST GOODBYE

CHAPTER TWO:
IF YOU HEAR THIS ON THE RADIO

Jayde Gray hurried toward her classroom. She had never been late to a single class and yet here she was, almost five minutes late for her math class. She walked in and saw that the teacher wasn't there yet. She breathed a sigh of relief as she sat down.

“Good morning, class,” her teacher said as he walked in.

“Good morning, Mr. Jackson,” Jayde said as she leaned forward. She was anxious for the class to start so it would be the weekend already. She pulled out her math notebook, a pencil, and her calculator. She knew she'd need them but didn't want to actually do anything in this class period.

“So, class, today we are going to go over-” her teacher started.

Jayde's phone went off, interrupting him. She pulled her phone out quickly and put it on vibrate, but not before looking at the text she got from her older sister Erica.

“You will never guess what they showed on the news!” it said. Jayde rolled her eyes and put her phone in her purse.

An hour later, Jayde's head was swimming with math calculations. She headed toward her car after class for some solitude in the form of music. She started her car so it would be warming up and she heard the story her sister was talking about: “Season Seven American Idol winner David Cook is moving temporarily to a small city on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Having been 'stuck in a rut' for a few weeks on his latest single, Cook is looking for some inspiration along the sunny beaches of Alabama and some help from the people in Alabama...

Jayde shut the radio off. She began driving toward her house as a cold wind began to blow. It was still hurricane season, and she was terrified of them. Jayde had always been afraid of things like hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes... any sort of natural disaster she was afraid of.

She pulled into her driveway and turned her car off. She wondered if David Cook was going to come to Monroeville, Alabama. True, it was directly on the Gulf Coast. He could be coming to any city on the Gulf Coast and she could be living in the city he's coming to. She walked upstairs as she pondered over which city David Cook would be coming to. Her sister was in her room as she walked past it. She stopped by and looked in at her.

“Was that what you wanted? To tell me David Cook is coming to Alabama?” Jayde asked Erica.

“To stay. For awhile.” Erica was listening to her iPod and spoke loudly. Jayde walked over and pulled the earbuds out of her ears.

“What makes you so sure he's coming here to Monroeville?” Jayde asked her.

“His brother tweeted about it,” Erica told her, “That's how the press found out. He's coming to Monroeville.”


*

“I can't believe you tweeted that we're going to Monroeville!” David exclaimed. He paced around his living room.

“The press have only said that you're going to Alabama; they haven't said anything about Monroeville yet!” Andrew told him. He was sitting on the couch, watching David pace.

“When do we leave? Please tell me it's soon; I can't wait to get out of here,” David told him.

“Since we're two hours behind Monroeville and it's currently two pm there and twelve noon here, we should leave... soon!” Andrew said. “Dude, you knew it was coming so why did you even bother?”

David glared at him. Andrew threw his hands up in an “I surrender” gesture and walked toward the kitchen. When he returned, he had his phone in his hand and was looking something up.

“Our flight leaves for Mobile in forty-five minutes,” Andrew told him. “Everyone's gonna meet us at the airport.”

As they walked out, David had his dog, Dublin, in a pet carrier. “Say goodbye, Dubs. This will be the last time we see L.A. for awhile. Next home we see will be on a sandy beach in Alabama!”

Dublin wagged his tail inside the carrier. David and Andrew got in a taxi and headed to the airport. There they met up with Andy and the rest of their friends: Kyle Peek, Monty Anderson, Neal Tiemann, Devin Bronson, and David Hodges. David looked over at Andrew.

“They're all coming?” he hissed at him.

“Of course we are,” Andy piped in.”You'll need our help writing your new song, and what better time than when you're going to Alabama to do it?”

David sighed in defeat. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew Andy was right. They gathered outside their terminal and waited to get on their plane; they had sent their luggage on ahead, along with Dublin and their instruments.

“Dude, once we step foot in Monroeville, you'll see why I wanted you to go there,” Andrew said to him. David could only nod.

David looked out the window. He was fortunate enough to have gotten a window seat on the plane; his brother and some weirdo with a purple-and-orange mohawk were beside him. He leaned his head against the window and watched his breath fog up the window.

I didn't want to go to Monroeville, he thought. He kept his mouth shut, though.

After they landed in Mobile, David went and claimed his luggage as well as Dublin's pet carrier. He carried them through the airport to a waiting taxi outside.

“Dave, wait up!” Andrew called after him. He was dragging two bags behind him, trying to keep up with David's pace.

“I've told you before, and I'll tell you again, now: I didn't want to come here.” David grabbed Andrew's bags and threw them in. He then tossed his bags in and carefully set Dublin in, and got in beside his pet carrier.

Andrew got in beside him. “Dude, I know you didn't want to come here; you said so a hundred times. I dragged you here with the promise I wouldn't do it again.”

David looked at him. He knew his brother and his friends meant good by bringing him here. He just didn't want them to over-do it.

David's thoughts were interrupted by several loud -thumps- from the back of the taxi. He turned around and saw everyone loading their luggage into the one taxi.

“Maybe we should take more than one?” Andrew suggested. Everyone grabbed their bags and hailed a taxi of their own.

“So where is this Monroeville?” David asked his brother.

“You'll see,” Andrew told him. “You'll see.”
Sign up to rate and review this story