Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > New School, New Attitude

Chapter 4

by partypoisonlove 1 review

frank faces his mom

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-25 - Updated: 2012-02-29 - 1086 words

0Unrated
By the time I got home I hadn’t completely forgotten about my run-in with Linda, but it had been pushed back. I was thinking about Gerard and how he had stayed with me for the day. It puzzled me and that much was clear. I couldn’t remember the last time someone willingly hung around by me and wasn’t planning on beating the living shit out of me within the next few minutes.

I vaguely realized Linda’s car wasn’t in the driveway, so I knew she wasn’t home, I wouldn’t have to sneak upstairs to avoid confrontation. I trudged up the stairs to my room, tugging my hoodie off as I entered my room.

I flopped down onto my bed and noticed it had been made. I scrunched up my face in confusion and looked around my room. It was clean. The boxes of clothes, CDs and comics had been unpacked and neatly put in a proper place. I sighed started feeling the ball in my stomach start to feel heavy again.

Linda must’ve came home and cleaned out her frustration after our encounter. I started to feel bad all over again. I felt bad for acting that way towards Linda. And Pete. He was being so nice to me. He was trying to be my friend, he seemed like a nice guy and what do I do? I completely brush him off. No, it was worse than that. I shoved him off a fucking cliff. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hated me. I would hate me if I were him. Maybe I already hate me.

Just then I hear a door shut and figure Linda must have just got home. I bit my lip and wonder if I should go downstairs and talk to her now, or wait until dinner. I groan in frustration. This act isn’t that hard, but the effects are horrible. I’m left with a horrible feeling in my stomach and it might ruin the relationship I have with my mom.

With a loud exhale of breath, I forced myself to get out of bed as I hear the kitchen timer going off. I guess I have to face Linda now.

I walk down the stairs and head towards the kitchen. I look around and noticed that there are no more boxes lying around the house. I swallow hard and stop at the entrance of the kitchen. Linda is taking something out of the oven, back towards me. I can smell it, lasagna, my favorite.

“Frank,” It isn’t a question. She knows I’m standing here and I shift my weight back and forth uncomfortably. “Take a seat, please.” Linda has turned around by this point is taking off the oven mitts, putting them off to the side. I nod my head and go and sit at the small table. She follows and sits down across from me.

“Frank, what the hell was that today? Its your first day for gods sakes!” I can tell she’s having trouble with this confrontation too; I have never had to be punished before.

“I-“ I open my mouth, but nothing comes out.

“Listen, Frank, I know school is hard and you are starting in late but..” Linda puts her hands and we sit in silence for a moment. “What happened? Is it because of the move? Because we moved for your- our benefit, remember?” She looks up at me looking utterly defeated. I know that look. She doesn’t know what to do.

I think for a minute. For this tough façade, does it mean I need to hold up this exterior in front of my own mother? Do I have to change completely? Everything is so much more complicated than it should be.

“I know, I’m glad we moved.” I finally reply to her. I can tell that wasn’t what she wanted to hear, she wants an explanation. She sighs.

“Frank.. what’s wrong? Did something happen?” Linda asks, desperation in her voice. I swallow hard.

“Nothing happened. I don’t know what you are talking about.” I reply monotonously. Its not really a lie, nothing really has happened. I’ve skipped school before, she just didn’t know about it.

“Something has fucking happened!” Linda shouted. I tensed up, Linda never yells. She seemed just as shocked as I was at her outburst. “Just tell me what’s going on.. please.”

“I said, nothing is going on.” I decided in one of the short pauses in our conversation, that I do have to keep up this exterior all the time now. This is the new me and if I’m going to start an argument with Linda, then I can’t hold back.

“What is wrong with you?!” Linda balled he hands up in fists and her knuckles are turning white.

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you?! This is who I am, Linda!” I yelled as I stood up, Linda mimicking me.

“Well you are NOT my son. What has gotten into you? I know for a fact this isn’t my fault.” Linda’s face starts getting red as she talks all in one breathe. “It’s your father in you..” She muttered under her breathe, just loud enough for me to hear.

“Newsflash! This is me. My dad is not here, he left don’t you remember th-” I was cut off by a sharp slap to the face. Everything froze, I felt like time had just stopped. I didn’t even think Linda was capable of yelling at me like that, let alone hit me. I slowly reached up and touched my cheek, staring straight into her eyes. “Fuck you,” I drawled out slowly, turned around and ran upstairs.

I don’t know what just happened. I’m shaking, I feel numb. I don’t know what I’m supposed to feel. I am running on auto pilot as I grab a backpack and shove my wallet and some clothes into it. I grabbed my hoodie I was wearing earlier and left my room. I walked down the stairs and straight out the door.

I could hear Linda calling my name as I walked down the street but it sounded so distant. I didn’t look back, just kept walking. Linda didn’t follow me, I knew she wouldn’t but that didn’t stop me from wishing she did.
Sign up to rate and review this story