Categories > Original > Drama > Toxicity

Toxicity

by mcr-paramore-bvb 1 review

Alexandria Banks decided one day to go out for a walk. Big mistake. *inspired by The Lovely Bones*

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-11 - Updated: 2012-02-11 - 651 words

0Unrated
NAME:

Alexandria Banks

Age:

14

Case:

Went for a walk at night,kidnapped and murdered. Killer found guilty for all charges.





NAME:

Kai Hawthorne

Age:

47

Case:

Guilty for kidnapping and voluntary man-slaughter.



That's my case. Don't you dare feel sorry for me, being kidnapped and murdered and all. I probably deserved it. Hell, I probably MORE than deserved it. Now, let's get one thing striaght: Kai Hawthorne is not a killer. He's a reaper.

What's a reaper, you ask? Men and women selected from the Afterlife Officials to roam the earth, selecting the children to join the Squad. He just so happened to pick me.

"Alexandria!" Hurland barks. He's the West Side Head Official, and right now I'm sitting at his right hand. He actually has a throne (or a semi-one). "Yes, my lord?" I ask. "Tonight you get initiated into the Squad. You must attempt 3 tasks, and be sucessful at all, or you go don't go to the heavens." He glared at me. Hurland was not a rosy man. "Yes, my lord." I bowed my head. The heavens were really a place I wanted to be. HE might be there.

The iniation was a long a rigorous process, accompanied with with many hours of intense training beforehand. The childrean of The Squad have to be athletic, fit. As the day wore on (my training day), I had a towel around my head after excersizing, gasping for air. "Alexandria!" Hurland snapped, walking towards the supersized track. Inwardly, I groaned. "Yes, my lord?" He smiled, only it was reaper smile. Fake and cold as ice.

"You are ready, my dear. Follow me." Hurland started to walk, so I followed as I was told. "My lord, if I may, where are we going?" Wrong words. "Alexandria!" Hurland growled. "There are rules you need to learn about the Squad. That's where I'm taking you, to the library. But first, the first rule is: NO QUESTIONS." I bit my lip. This is going to be hell.

Like I said before, it's not like I don't deserve to be in hell. I did plenty of things to deserve it in my life. Like, my parents, for example. Jason. Lucas. And... Connor. That is the worst thing I've ever done in my life. Connor. Connor Banks is (or was) my brother. People said it wasn't my fault, but deep down I knew they were lying to try to make me feel better. He was a year younger than me. He would've been 13 this very day. "I love you, Connor." I whispered.

Hurland sent a questioning look my way, but I ignored it. We walked into the massive library and I saw a circular table sitting in the middle of the room. There were multiple chairs placed around it, and there were walls, filling up to the ceiling with books beyond your wildest imagination. I glanced at Hurland, who couldn't be more than, say, 19. I wonder how he got to be an Official. Most of the other Head Officials on other corners of the Plaine are Elders. 40-60. And ugly. Hurland was, pretty cute. But, I don't think of him that way. I think of him as my captor, keeping me from the heavens, and keeping me from my brother.

Hurland was about a half a foot taller than me, not that tall, and was pretty buff. Right now, he was wearing a tee-shirt that said 'Anthrax', whatever that is. He had on black skinny jeans and Vans. His hair was curly, not very long, and black. He had big, brown eyes and long lashes. He gave me a quick, lopsided smile and gestured for me to sit. I sat down on one of the cushy chairs around the circle table. "Um, my lord, why are we here? Am I to study before initaition?" I asked. "Nope." Hurland grinned evilly. "What, my lord?" I asked. "This IS your initiaition."
Sign up to rate and review this story