Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Excited? As You Should Be

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-11 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 1271 words

0Unrated
Excited? As You Should Be

Topher woke everyone up the next morning early when they reached New Orleans so they could check into the hotel where they would be staying that night. In the elevator, they decided Chelsea would join Team Frankie and take the extra room in their suite. They all went back to bed and slept for a few hours. Around noon, Braelyn got up and showered. She and Chelsea then went to find somewhere to eat lunch.

They were in the middle of lunch when a girl walked up to the table.

“Umm, excuse me,” she said, quietly. “Aren’t you Braelyn Porter?”

Braelyn looked up at her in shock. “Yes.”

“I’m Riley. I’m a huge fan. I can’t wait to see you perform tonight with My Chem,” she said in a rush.

Braelyn smiled when she realized what was going on. “Aww thanks. It’s gonna be a great show.”

“I was wondering if you would sign this for me?” She pulled out one of the tour posters.

“Sure.” Chelsea produced a marker from her bag and Braelyn signed the poster then asked, “So you like My Chem?”

“I love them.”

“Are you coming to the meet and greet tomorrow?” Braelyn asked.

“No. I couldn’t swing the tickets.” The girl looked down like this made her a bad fan or something.

“I’ll tell you what,” Braelyn said smiling. “Give me your last name, too, and I’ll put you on the list.”

“Really?” Riley’s face lit up.

“Absolutely. I can do that.”

“My last name is Jenkins.”

“Alright, Riley Jenkins,” Braelyn said, writing her name on a piece of paper that Chelsea supplied her with. “I hope I see you at the show. And we’ll see you tomorrow at eleven.”

“Thank you so much!” Riley threw her arms around Braelyn’s shoulders.

Braelyn hugged her back. “You’re welcome. We’ll see you.”

“Bye!” Riley skipped off.

“That was sweet of you,” Chelsea commented as she put the marker away.

Braelyn was looking after the girl. “I used to be her.”

“What do you mean?”

“I used to be the girl who had to chose between spending my money on the actual show ticket or on the meet and greet pass because I couldn’t afford both.”

“Tell me about it.”

Braelyn told Chelsea a little bit about her childhood and growing up. After a few more questions, Chelsea declared the interview over.

“Thanks so much for talking to me,” Chelsea said as they stood and hugged.

“Thanks for making this work. I was really disappointed when I thought I wasn’t going to get to do this interview.”

“No problem. People want to know about you. You’re the latest obsession.”

“I still can’t get over that,” Braelyn laughed as they paid and started walking back to the hotel. “It’s actually really nice that you were here. I missed being around other girls.”

“I do what I can.” Chelsea laughed. “I’m actually sticking around until Phoenix show. FOE wants some tour diaries from MCR.”

“Awesome!”

The girls made their way back to the hotel. Braelyn went to tell Topher to put Riley Jenkins on the meet and greet list. Soon after getting back to their suite, Braelyn went to check on Mikey. He was lying in bed, awake, with the television on.

“How ya doing, killer?” She asked from the doorway.

“Eh, alright, I guess. Better than yesterday,” he answered.

“That’s good. Can I get you anything?”

“I’m fine. Thanks for your concern,” he said sincerely. “Seriously, you’ve been taking care of me better than that excuse for my own flesh and blood,” he said with a wry smile, referring to Gerard.

Braelyn laughed. “No problem.” She started to walk away, “See ya later.”

“Bye, Braelyn.”

She waved as she walked to her own room. It was somewhere around four in the afternoon. They were supposed to go to the venue in a couple of hours. Braelyn turned on her television and reclined on her bed. Frank came to join her in a few minutes.

“Hi, Brae. How was your interview?”

“It went awesome. Chelsea’s awesome. She said she’s hanging out with us until Phoenix.”

“Really?” There was some panic in Frank’s voice.

“What’s wrong?” Braelyn asked. “I thought you’d be happy.”

“Why would I be happy?” Frank asked quickly.

“Because Frankie’s got a crush,” she teased, poking him in the side.

“No I don’t.”

Braelyn laughed, “Ok.” She knew when to quit.

After a few minutes of silence, Frank moaned, “What am I going to do?” When Braelyn laughed he looked over at her, “Don’t laugh at me!”

“I’m sorry,” Braelyn said getting her giggling under control. “So tell me what’s wrong.”

“She doesn’t like me back.”

“You’re whining. Do something about it.”

“I’ve tried everything.”

“You mean you’ve tried being ‘cool Frankie,’” Braelyn supplied.

“What do you mean ‘cool Frankie?’”

“You know, you try to play it smooth. You need to be you.”

“Some people don’t like me. I’m a little crazy, if you hadn’t noticed.”

Braelyn smiled. “That’s what people love about you. Just be normal Frankie. He’s a cool dude.”

“You think that’ll work?”

“Yes,” Braelyn said decisively.

“Normal, crazy Frankie is gonna win her over?”

“If he doesn’t, she’s the one who’s crazy,” Braelyn said, pinching his cheeks.

Frank pushed her hands away, but he was grinning. They spent the next hour or so watching television, playfully arguing over who got to pick the show. Then Braelyn had to get ready. She left on the dark denim shorts she was wearing and changed into a plain white fitted t-shirt. She brushed out her wavy hair and put in a leather headband and she put on her necklace with the owl charm on it.

“Good?” She asked Frankie, drawing his attention away from the television.

“Yup,” he smiled. “Looks good.”

“Awesome.” Braelyn collapsed back onto the bed. The intro music to ‘The Girls Next Door’ came on the tv.

Frank groaned and got up. “I’m not watching this shit.”

Braelyn laughed, “Bye Frankieeeeeeeeeeee.”

“Bye Brae.”

Up until this point, Braelyn wasn’t aware of how tired she actually was. That’s why she was surprised when she was being shaken awake. “Braelyn,” a rough voice said, “It’s time to go.”

Braelyn opened her eyes to see Mikey standing over her bed. “Do I have to?”

“You’re the one who wanted to be super famous.” He turned to cough into his arm. “Time to do your job.” He offered her a hand.

She took it and allowed herself to be pulled out of bed. “Being famous is hard.”

“Little uppity today aren’t we?” Mikey asked sarcastically while she stopped to fix her hair in the mirror.

“You encourage my delusions,” she said with a smile.

“Maybe a little.”

The two bantered back and fourth as they left the room and went to join the others in the living room. They made their way down to the bus to go to the venue. Again, Braelyn drew stars on everyone as they drove. She did her sound check and watched the boys do theirs with Chelsea. Braelyn did her set and the boys did theirs.

A/N: Woke up to two reviews =) yayyyy. Thanks Izzy and Miss Abbie! I hope yall enjoy this chapter too. And patience, grasshoppers. All in due time haha. Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story