Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Something Borrowed

A few hours later, a very drunk Gerard walked over to me shakily followed by Frank who looked a lot more sober “Mikes… Tell him to let me stay.” Gerard slurred “I mean I organised the party.” I didn’t reply so Gerard continued “Did you have fun?”

“Yeah, it was awesome.” I told him with a small smile even though truthfully I had hated almost every second of this surprise party. But it would’ve been rude to say so.

Gerard grinned at me “I love you so much!”

“I love you too!” I replied, giving him a hug.

When he pulled away he snorted with laughter “Oh my god, remind me to buy you new shoes. I just hate those shoes you’re wearing…”

“Okay!” Frank interrupted “I think it’s time we left.”

Gerard was still laughing as Frank pulled him out of the bar “I don’t even understand why you thought ‘oh yeah I’m gonna buy these shoes!’ I mean they’re ugly, I hate them!”

“Okay, I’ll see you round Gee!” I called, letting him go.

Another hour later and nearly everyone had left so me and Eva decided to go. Eva waved her hand in the road for a taxi and whistled “It never helps to whistle but I do it anyway.” Eva told me with a small smile.

I looked in the window “I’m getting so old.”

“Oh my god Mikey, you’re not old! You’re just a lawyer.”

“I’m serious Eva!” I cried, turning away from the window “I’m not married, I have no children, the only thing I have is my job and it’s crap!”

“Okay, ten second pity party… Here we go.”

“Why won’t you marry me?”

“Because I like you too much.” Eva winked at me then turned back to the traffic “Ah, here’s a taxi!”

The taxi pulled up right next to Eva and Frank got out of it “Hey, what’s going on?” I asked him.

Frank shrugged his shoulders “Gerard left his cell phone behind and I promised I’d go find it for him.”

“Really, his new iPhone?” I asked.

Eva sighed heavily “Oh no, not the new iPhone! Come on, let’s go!”

I kissed Eva on the cheek “I have to go help Frank find it, that phone is like Gerard’s whole life…”

“Like I care.” Eva laughed before waving and letting me walkaway.

As I walked away I heard the taxi driver ask “Hey! In or out asshole?”

“You need a hug buddy.” Eva snarled before getting into the taxi.

I followed Frank into the bar and searched around for Gerard’s cell phone. Finally I found it under a table “Frankie, I found it!” I called, crawling under the table to retrieve it. While I was under there I banged my head and shrieked.

Frank walked over “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine…” I muttered, coming out from under the table and shoving his mobile into my pocket “I guess we should get going then.”

Frank nodded and the two of us left the club “So, did you have a good time?” Frank asked me.

I nodded and he gave me a funny look “I did, honestly!” I cried.

He simply looked at me again so I rolled my eyes “Hey, let’s go out for a drink.”

“Oh no, it’s okay, you don’t have to.” I told him.

“Come on, I want to!” He grinned. I sighed. I’d never been able to say no to Frank, even as we got older.

So went to a nearby bar, not the one where I’d had my party, a smaller bar. Frank went up to the counter to get us some drinks. I looked down at the beermat on the table. For some reason, looking at that beermat on the table reminded me of something…

”Are you always this obnoxious?” Frank asked.

Gerard laughed “I am actually, does that surprise you?


I pushed away the beermat and tried to ignore the voices worming their way into my head. Instead, I looked over at Frank who had ordered the drinks and was walking over to us. Behind him was a good-looking woman staring at his ass.

When Frank sat down I snorted with laughter “You really don’t notice the way people look at you.”

“What are you talking about?” He asked with raised eye-brows.

I giggled, took a sip of the beer then asked “Okay, answer this. If you could wake up tomorrow and be anything, do anything, what would you do?”

“Rap superstar!”

“I’m serious!”

“Okay, fine. I’d be a guitarist.” He told me “In a really famous band. Change kid’s lives.”

“Why didn’t you do that then?” I asked him “I remember you being amazing at band camp ages ago.”

“Well it’s never been about what I want to do.” Frank ran his fingers through his hair “It’s kind of what I’m expected to.”

I pointed at him “Exactly!” I looked over at the hot girl who was giving me funny looks “Oh my god, we’re really pissing her off. She can’t understand why you’re sitting here with me. Hot people are supposed to be with hot people!”

Frank glanced at the hot girl and back at me then smirked “Excuse me!” He called, turning back to the girl “I think you’re making my boyfriend uncomfortable.”

The girl looked confused and I burst out laughing. She got up from the stool by the bar and walked away. I giggled “Now I remember why you had such a crush on you at band camp.”

“No you didn’t.” Frank replied, giving me a cheeky grin.

I laughed “Oh come on, you knew!”

Frank’s grin disappeared “No I didn’t.”

I stopped laughing. Shit, I’d just managed to make things really awkward. “Maybe we’d better start going home now…” Frank said, getting up and walking towards the door. I shuffled after him, my heart pounding inside my chest. Things were going to be awkward between us forever. Why had I mentioned it?

He got us a taxi and the two of us slipped into the backseat, trying to avoid eye-contact. “Two stops.” Frank told the driver, giving him my address and his address.

We both sat in silence for a few moments before I turned to him and began “Look, Frankie-“ Before I knew what was happening, Frank’s lips met mine and he put one hand behind my neck so I wouldn’t pull away. I wrapped my arms round him.

“Yeah, okay.” The taxi driver said loudly “I’m thinking more like one stop.”

Something Borrowed
Sign up to rate and review this story