Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Little Child

Chapter 4

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

George is given some interesting news to tell John...

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon - Published: 2012-04-02 - Updated: 2012-04-03 - 707 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Hey, John, I need to talk to you about somethin’…”

George stood nervously next to John as everyone left George’s garage after rehearsal. John turned and smiled at him, sneaking a kiss on his cheek. “What is it, Georgie?”

“Well…,” George hesitated, “y’know how we… um… remember that night we came home? From Hamburg?”

“Oh yeah,” John smirked. “I never knew ya had it in ya, Harrison.” George blushed. “I’m surprised the neighbors didn’t come over to complain about the noise…” George blushed even more and looked to the ground, a small grin forming on the corners of his mouth.

“Anyway,” John continued, “what about it?”

“Well… you, um… you kinda… um… you kinda got me pregnant, John…” George looked up at the older boy anxiously to see his reaction. John only stared at him, his face blank, before he burst out laughing.

George blinked. “Wh-what’s so funny?” he asked.

“That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!” John shrieked. “Thanks, George- I really needed a good laugh!”

“But I’m not kidding!” George pleaded. “Honestly!”

“You don’t really expect me to believe in that crap, do ya?”

“Bu- wha- IT’S NOT CRAP!” George shouted, fury building inside his little body. “STOP LAUGHIN’!” John only ignored him. Finally, George couldn’t take it anymore, and the anger inside of him that barely showed gave him enough strength and courage to punch John in the face. John then held one of his eyes in pain.

“What the bloody ‘ell George?!” John demanded.

“I should’ve know better,” George grumbled, storming off. He ran to his favourite tree in the backyard, the tree he and his siblings often climbed either for fun or to be alone. Whenever any of them needed to be alone, they climbed as high as how they felt; the higher they climbed, the more upset they were.

George started climbing, using the same strength he used with his fist’s impact with John’s eye to lift him to parts of the tree he had never been on. He stopped on a branch, partially holding the tree’s trunk, and expertly swinging his legs so he could sit up against the trunk.

“George?” he heard John call from below. “Georgie? Where’d ya go?”

George slowly crossed one of his legs over the other, which moved part of the branch. John looked up at the noise and spotted him. “There ye are!” he said walking toward the tree. He climbed up to a branch that was close to George’s. “Hey,” he said, but George ignored him. John sighed. “Not gonna talk, eh?” He waited for George to say something, but once again he gave him no reply. “That’s fine, that’s fine.” They sat in the tree, staring at the sky above them, feeling the cool breeze of the wind blow through the leaves. “So this is where you go when you want to leave the world behind for a while?”

“I guess you could say that,” George finally responded, still staring into the plain gray skies.

John nodded. “I usually go to the roof. It calms me down, I guess.” They were silent for a few moments. “So… you… you really are…”

“Yeah,” George sighed.

“I… I didn’t think this would happen…”

“Nobody would.”

“I’m really sorry, George… I really messed things up again, didn’t I…”

George only shrugged and looked to the side.

“Look, I’ll tell ya what- I’ll help you take care of it. I won’t—George, look at me.” George obeyed and looked into John’s eyes. “I’ll never abandon you.”

George bit his lip. “Promise?” asked he.

“Crossed my heart and hope to die.”

George sighed before giving John a soft smile. “Thanks, Johnny.”

“You’re welcome,” John said, sharing a smiled back. “Have ye told yer parents yet?”

“Not yet…”

“Well, we might as well tell them now—Mimi too.”

“’We’?”

“Yeah, ‘we’—it’s my baby too, right?”

The two came down from the tree, nervous to admit what they had done to George’s parents and John’s Aunt Mimi, but relieved they weren’t alone to do so.
Sign up to rate and review this story