Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Little Child

Chapter 5

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

John and George confess to the rest of the Harrisons and Aunt Mimi.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon - Published: 2012-04-06 - Updated: 2012-04-06 - 770 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Hey, Mum, can John stay for dinner?”

Mrs. Harrison looked up at John and George and gasped. “John!” she shrieked, “what on Earth
happened to your eye?”

George looked to the ground and explained John’s newly purple eye. “And I thought I’d make it up to him by letting him stay over for dinner. Do you think his aunt could come too?”

Mrs. Harrison looked at the food she was preparing and nodded. “I think we have enough.” She turned to the boys. “I’m so sorry about what he did to you, John! What were you angry about, George?”

George bit his lip. “Um… we’ll tell you after dinner.” Before Mrs. Harrison could protest, he quickly ran to the phone to call Aunt Mimi.


~~*


“Thank you for coming, Mimi,” Mrs. Harrison greeted as John’s aunt walked in. “I’m so sorry for the short notice!”

“That’s alright,” Aunt Mimi replied. “Thank you for inviting me.”
The other Harrisons, George, Mr. Harrison, and Peter, the younger of George’s older brothers, welcomed her and they sat down to eat. Near the end of the meal, George and John exchanged glances and stood up.

“There’s something we need to say,” George said nervously. All eyes turned to the boys. “The reason we invited John’s aunt is cos we wanted to tell you ourselves together…”

“What is it, boys?” Mr. Harrison asked.

“Well,” John said slowly, “George and I… have been dating for a coupl’a years now…”

Then, eyes widened and many gasped. Peter shot up from his chair and shouted, “I KNEW IT!”

“Hush, Peter!” Mrs. Harrison scolded, “and take your seat!”

“You can’t be serious, boys!” Aunt Mimi exclaimed. “All this time?”

“We are,” George said, “and we really love each other…”

“That’s nonsense!” Mrs. Harrison said. “Simply nonsense!”

“You may think that,” Mr. Harrison said calmly, “but it’s not necessarily true.”

“What are you talking about, Harold?” Aunt Mimi said. “This is your son and my nephew we’re talking about!”

“Yes,” Mr. Harrison said, “but there are many times when two boys act like this, but only towards one other boy.”

“You mean to tell us this is normal?” Mrs. Harrison asked.

“Of course!” he answered. “Why, even when I was around their age, there was a boy in my class…
Ah, we had many good times together…” He chuckled and then cleared his throat after seeing his wife’s glare. “O-of course this was before I met you, darling…”

“So… they’re only queer for each other?” Peter asked. John and George nodded.

“BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO PAUL?!” Mrs. Harrison and Aunt Mimi said together. They looked at each
other, blushed, and turned away.

“He’s just our mate,” John explained.

“We’ve both known him for a while now,” George agreed. “Anyway… there’s a reason why we chose now to tell you…”

“Oh really?” asked Mrs. Harrison. “Why? Do you have another secret you’ve been hiding?”

“Sorta,” John said.

“Well, go on and tell us,” Aunt Mimi said.

The boys hesitated and looked at one another. John took George’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Ok,” George said. “We told you now cos… cos…” He took a deep breath. “Cos I found out I’m pregnant.”

“That seems reasonable,” Mrs. Harrison said which surprised the boys. “Who’s going to wear the dre-,” She stopped and stared at her son. “Wait… You’re not… you just said… you’re pregnant?”

George nodded and Mrs. Harrison fainted.

“And,” Aunt Mimi said to John, “you’re the father?”

“Yeah,” John said, and she fainted as well.

Mr. Harrison jumped up to help the women while Peter just stared at the boys with his mouth wide open. Then, with a slight smirk, he replied, “I always knew you were really a bird…”

“Shut up, Peter, I’m not,” George shot back.


~~*


“What happened when they woke up?” Ringo asked.

“My parents and Mimi talked it over and agreed it’d be best for the baby that we lived
together,” George answered.

“And you probably know how THAT would be like, don’t ya, Ringo?” a voice said. They looked up as John came into the room. “I thought ye said you were goin’ to get somethin’”

“Yeah,” George said, “me.”

“So yer tellin’ him everything, eh?” John said.

“Basically,” George replied. “He ought to know by now.”

“Yeah, I guess yer right,” John agreed. Then, they continued to tell Ringo the story they had chosen to keep a secret from him for quite some time.
Sign up to rate and review this story