Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Fifteen Snapshots

02. Stature

by moray 0 reviews

'shinchou', stature/height (of body)

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Jean Havoc, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-30 - Updated: 2005-05-30 - 224 words

1Original
02. Stature

He looked up at the taller blonde. Havoc's face was a mask of concentration, a furrow between cold blue eyes. "This doesn't make any sense, sir."

"Why? What's wrong with it?"

"Despite the fact it's been censored pretty heavily, there's a lot missing."

"It is a public PR release, Lieutenant."

"Exactly." The man opposite him let the blacked-out paper drift to the desktop. "What is the government hiding?"

Roy frowned up at his subordinate. "What do you mean?"

"If Central wasn't up to something, they'd level fair and square. Right?" The blonde perched on the edge of Roy's desk, a long finger rhythmically tapping the missive. "So why aren't they?"

Roy was developing a crick in his neck from looking up at the thinking man. So much for thinking him an idiot, eh, Mustang? "Maybe there's nothing to say?"

A short, bitter bark of laughter startled him. "You and I both know better than that, Colonel."

He stood up, covertly watching Havoc's bright, brittle eyes follow him. He hid his smug grin. "Lieutenant, I believe that you're reading too much into this." He put the force of command behind his words, hoping, willing that Havoc would understand.

The tall blonde stood. He saluted, then... bowed? "Of course, Colonel. My apologies."

Epiphany hit Mustang as the other man left. He smirked evilly to himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story