Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > A Not So Normal Highschool Life

Crystal Stone

by Gold_Baastion 1 review

Okay, so let's see... Cross a highscool student, a pokemon, and a strange school. What do you get? I don't know! Oh, and there will be some fighting from time to time...just to let you guys know...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Mewtwo, Other - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-02 - 9077 words

-1Boring
This is one of my first few fanfictions, so please bear with me if the story is a bit out of class, if you know what I mean. I'm still new to the multi-chapter concept, so it may be short sometimes (or most of the times) and I'm just telling to give y'all a head start. Also, I'm a slow writer, and I frequently get writer's block, so don't expect me to be fast at updating. I also am a frequent procrastinator...

I don't know if this is an original idea of mine, but I'm set on doing this.

Oh, and before anything else, this school system only has 14 years. Four years in kinder, six grades/years in elementary, and four more years in Highschool.

Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon or anything related to it...sadly...

Chapter base: Obiki Fireken
Crystal Stone


That day was a perfect day. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were flying and singing happily in the trees and sky, and there was the prefect breeze to relax in while watching the clear, calm sky. And today was either a kid or teen's best day of the year of his worst nightmare...

~

A bright red alarm clock was innocently resting on top of a dark blue desk along with a small lamp, a black watch and a pile of "Supermon" comic books. The desk's drawer was slightly opened, showing many different items including a red handkerchief, a wallet, some change, and an I.D.

The room it was in was a bit more natural, if you want to call it natural, than the desk. The room was averagely sized and was peach in color with white corners. It had a closet with two drawers at one side, a bed, which was beside the dark blue desk, made for one in a corner, a full body mirror in another corner, a small television set on a bigger desk with a small radio beside it and was across the bed, and a medium-sized desk across the closet. There was a door beside the closet that led outside the room. Three windows were also in the room, two of them letting some light of the morning sun seep through the blinds. One window was beside the closet, whilst the other two were each beside the bed.

The closet was pure red and had a poster with a picture showing the upper body of a grinning Entei with a black cap, white sleeveless jacket, and black undershirt. The Entei's arms were folded, and under the picture was the name "RED JAGIN" in red.

The bed sheet was also red in color with a flame design. The outline was dark gray, almost black, and the figure in the bed was currently under the sheets, the body moving up and down slightly and slowly. The head of the bed showed a plain design with the exception of the edges, which had a vine-like design carved into it.

Just then, the alarm clock went off, sending a loud, almost unbearable blare into the area.

"Waaaah!"

A Quilava wearing green pajamas fell off the bed, along with the blanket and a pillow with the same design as the sheet. His flame-quills had accidentally fired up, but neither his bed sheet nor his clothes burned. Most of the clothes he wore, and other usually flammable materials in house, were fireproof, but only if the temperature of the fire wasn't too high. His eyes widened as he quickly sat up and turned the alarm off.

"I gotta get another alarm clock," the Quilava said, sighing.

"Well, your finally up," another voice said, once again startling the Quilava into flaring his quills and yelling in complete surprise. He jerked his head towards his now open door, and smiled sheepishly seeing a smiling Combusken wearing a school uniform with a burning wing-like emblem. He was leaning against the doorpost and folding his arms.

"Uh, good morning?" he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Hurry up, or we'll be late for you-know-what," the fowl replied, "and remember to put on your I.D. this time. I don't want to get you out of trouble like last time." He walked away to a nearby staircase and went down.

"Yeah, yeah," the Quilava muttered, silently confirming that he was really gonna get a new alarm clock.

The Quilava's name? Obiki Fireken.

Obiki stood up and ran to his closet to find his school uniform. It was normal by school standards. Well, except for the flame emblem with spiky flame points he had his mother sown on the left side. It was a white polo shirt. He would also wear a pair of dark blue pants with it. He could wear any shirt underneath the polo, but it was to be buttoned up when he was in class, and his shirt had to be tucked in, something he, and more than half of the male students, hated to do. They could sow/put anything on the polo, just as long as it wasn't past 7 inches or covering the normal school emblem, which was also on the left side of the polo, above the fire emblem, but too many would cause the school authority to scold the student and require him/her to remove most of 'em.

'At least I don't have to wear it every single day,' he thought, smirking. It wasn't that he hated wearing it...okay he hated it. He'd rather wear his causal clothes. Of course, he and the other students only wore it during special occasions.

Once he opened his closet, he found that his clothes were arranged in an orderly manner.

'Mom again,' he thought, shaking his head. He knew that his closet was messy, but his mother always seemed to arrange everything in the house, even his usually messy room, whenever something important came up, like that day.

He took out his polo, a pair of pants, and one of his favorite shirts: a red shirt with black x mark on the middle, black rims, and a black star above the x. Then he opened the closet drawers and took out a pair of white socks and quickly put them on, thinking that the faster that he changed, the better chances of his mother lecturing his brother instead of him.

"Hurry up, dear!" a loud feminine voice sounded up to his room.

"Wait for a few more minutes, mum!" Obiki replied, quickly changing into his shirt, and then put on his school polo. He left it unbuttoned, since he wouldn't have to button them until he got to class.

~

As soon as he got his pants on, he dashed to his drawer and took his wallet, I.D., watch and handkerchief. He put his wallet and handkerchief in his back pocket, clipped on his ID, and ran to his door while putting on his watch. He went through the door, forgetting to close it, and ran downstairs.

"Hey mum," he said, running into the kitchen where his older brother, his younger sister and his mother were.

"Ello big bwuder," his sister, a little Torchic, exclaimed, waving her wings up and down. She just started to go to school, so she couldn't really speak that well. She was wearing a small white polo-dress with a small skirt that reached her knees. There was a smaller version of the flame emblem of Obiki's polo on her own, except on her right side. She was also wearing a small pair of red sandals.

"Morning' to you too, Rubs," he replied, ruffling her feathers on her little head.

"Here you go, Obiki," said his mother, a Blaziken by the name of Killia, handing him a sandwich as well as brown paper bag, or in short, his lunch.

"Thanks mom," he replied, biting into the sandwich.

"Now, I know you hate to eat and run, but we're going to be late if you don't hurry up," his brother said, now sporting two bags, one smaller than the other. The bigger one was his, while the smaller one was for Rubi, the little Torchic.

"We gonna be wate, way! Chic!" Rubi exclaimed, waving once again her wings.

"No, that's a bad thing, dear," Killia said, softly pinching the Torchic's cheek.

Obiki and Kent, his brother, chuckled at the sight, but Obiki almost choked since he was still eating.

"Don't worry, bro, I'll just get my bag," Obiki said, running over to the hall closet where he kept his bag. Luckily for him, his bag was still in good condition, and he just finished his sandwich.

His bag was, like his shirt, red and black, with a few hints of white and blue. The main body was red, with the zipper being black and white. The inside was dark blue, as well as the side pocket where he kept his lunch. The front pocket was black and blue, with the logo of the bag, which was oblong in shape and the letters inside were black, while the oblong itself was white. The straps were red, and on the left strap were words that spelled out "Obiki Flare Fireken" in black. He had written that on with a permanent pen when he first got it.

Aside from his back, a pair of shoes was also inside.

'Oops, almost forgot about those,' he thought as he quickly put them on.

He quickly put his lunch inside the bag pocket, got it and only carried it with th left strap, and then rushed back to the kitchen, where his mother was already lecturing his brother about something.

"Now, remember, Rubi's dismissal time is at 11:40, and since you don't go out until 12:05, I told her to wait with her friends by the playground, and-" she was cut off.

"I remember, mom, now we gotta go, or we're gonna be late," Kent said, walking over to his younger sister and carried her from the high chair to the floor, but making sure that he was holding her hands.

"Bwye bwye, mommy," Rubi said innocently. Kent and Obiki gave their own goodbyes to their mother.

"I'll see you later, kids," Killia called out, waving lightly. "Oh, and don't talk to strangers," she added thoughtfully. Kent rolled his eyes and Obiki let out a chuckle, but they both thought the same thing.

'Mothers!'

Obiki stopped and looked at the sun that had risen right above the hill beside his house. He really didn't know whether to smile or to sigh, but in the end, he decided to smile. He looked away and his paced quickened as he caught up with his brother.

~

...because today was the first day of school!

~

After a while, they had reached the bus stop.

"You do have your schedule, right?" Kent asked Obiki, who rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I do," he replied plainly, leaning on the bus stop post while folding his arms. 'Does he always have to ask that?' Obiki thought, 'he needs to lighten up.'

"Ooh, big twuck!" Rubi suddenly exclaimed, jumping up and down while pointing at the street. Kent and Obiki looked at where she was pointing and saw a large yellow bus.

"There's our bus," Kent said.

"Thanks a lot, Mr. State-the-Obvious," Obiki said, rolling his eyes. Kent gave him a reproving glance as Rubi giggled. Luckily for Obiki, the bus stopped and the hatch opened. "C'mon then; you don't wanna be late," Obiki said as he literally jumped in the bus.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch it," Roderick said. He was a Hitmonchan, wearing the school bus driver's uniform, as well as the bus driver. Apparently, the school authorities aren't excused from wearing a proper uniform for special occasions.

"Sorry 'bout that. He's always like that," Kent said, scratching the back of his head.

"And you won't be coming in?" Roderick asked, eyebrows raised.

"No. I'll get on another bus" Kent replied good-naturedly as Rubi smiled sweetly. "I think your gonna get a handful with my brother in there," he added slyly.

"Fine," he said, closing the hatch. "Gives me less to worry about," he added under his breath.

Kent smiled as he lifted up his sister and carried her towards another bus stop. It was normal for him to get on another bus since his friends and his brother's friends were always in a different bus.

It took him a while, but he saw another bus stop and a Latios, carrying a single strap backpack and wearing a similar uniform as he, waiting there.

"Hey, Rei," he called out, waving while carefully carrying his hyper sister.

Rei was short for Reikon, which is the Latios' first name. His full name was Reikon Tokunotakai, which is quite a mouthful.

Rei glanced at him, and then looked back and said, "Yo."

"Yo!" Rubi copied, giggling. Rei rolled his eyes, but found it amusing.

"Where's Heru?" Kent asked, looking around.

"She's sick at home," he answered, looking at him more properly.

'Lucky,' Kent thought.

"Here comes the bus," Kent suddenly said as he spotted the yellow vehicle. Rei nodded while Rubi started to become even more hyper.

'I hope Obiki won't get himself in trouble again,' he thought, 'after all, it's still the first day!'

Speaking of Obiki...

~

Obiki held himself as the bus started to move. His eyes scanned the bus interior as he finally got used to the movement. The bus was ordinary by normal standards, but his eyes lingered for a few seconds more on a strangely white, female Charmeleon.

'Hikari,' he thought, smiling. He took a few steps forward, and then leaned on the side of the Charmeleon's seat, still smiling.

"Hey, Hikari," he said, trying to act suave.

"Oh, hello again Obiki," she said, looking at him and smiling politely. "I haven't seen you in a while," she added.

"Yeah, well, I've been busy this past summer," he replied, trying to sound suave.

"Okay...I'll see you later, then," she said, not knowing what Obiki was trying to do.

"Oh, okay then," Obiki said, his smile faltering. He stood up properly and walked to wear he saw his best friend, a Grovyle by the name of Lancet. As he walked by, he saw other students, some he knew, and some he didn't. "Hey Lancet," he said, as he sat beside the said gecko pokemon. He knew he didn't have to ask; Lancet always saved him a seat beside him.

"Yo," Lancet replied lazily. He was leaning against his palm, his elbow against the windowsill. Outside, the houses and pokemon were all passing by, but he wasn't really watching. He was just bored.

He was wearing an outfit similar to Obiki's except it was made especially for his size. A polo, dark blue pants, and a shirt underneath. He already buttoned his polo, but Obiki could see a plain green shirt underneath it. On the right side of his polo was a leaf emblem sown on. On the left side was the school emblem.

"Have seen any of the others yet?" Obiki asked, leaning against the bus seat. The bus seat wasn't really that comfortable, but Obiki became so used to it that he could almost sleep on it of he were tired enough.

"Dawson's at the back," he answered, pointing at the back with his thumb without looking. Obiki looked over his shoulder.

He was pointing at a Nidorino wearing another similar outfit, except it was made to fit his body size and shape. It was also designed so that his spikes wouldn't make too many holes on his polo, as well as his shirt. On the right side of his polo was a purple barb emblem, and on the left side was the school logo.

He was looking at the outside of the bus, but then he turned to face Obiki. He smiled lopsidedly, making him look comical, and waved a hello. Obiki smiled and waved back.

"What about Samantha and Summer?" Obiki asked, once again looking at Lancet.

Samantha and Summer were the other two of their unusual group.

Summer, a Delcatty, was the wealthiest, and was also snobby and bossy at times, but she had the most caring heart out of all of them most of the times. Summer was also the one who kept in the fashion trend. It was a mystery to them why she hung out with them instead of the popular group, although it was obvious that she had a grudge against one of the popular kids.

Samantha, more known as Sam, however, was a tomboyish Jolteon who loved sports. Her favorite sport was volleyball, although she also has one of the fastest records for 50m and 100m dashes in their school. She usually wore boy clothes, although it was known that Summer could get her to wear girly clothes from time to time, much to Sam's discontent.

From what they heard, Summer and Samantha had gained a new friend during one of their mall trips.

"That's another story," he replied. "I think they went on another bus," he said after a few seconds of thinking. It was then that he looked at Obiki. "We're almost at CSS," he told the Quilava, his eyes drooping lazily. Obiki smiled and nodded.

He leaned on his seat and waited excitedly. Rettile leaned back on the seat, but kept his elbow resting on the bus window, leaning on his hand, although amusement slightly glinted in his eyes.

"Okay now, off you go!" Roderick said through an intercom that allows him to speak with all in the bus. He pulled on a lever that opened tha hatch of the bus. They were now at the entrance of a big building.

Obiki and Lancet waited for a while before standing up. Lancet always said it was tiring to push through all the other kids just to get to the door. They weren't surprised to see Dawson, sporting a brown single-strap backpack, waiting behind their seat.

As they stood up, Lancet pulled up a plain black backpack that had a gray dragon design on it's back, although it wasn't obvious due to the fact that you had to look at the back.

"Hey, Dawson," Obiki said, patting the Nidorino's back as they walked towards the bus hatch.

"G'morning," he replied good-naturedly. Although he and Obiki weren't as close as Lancet and Obiki, they were still close friends. It looked like he was wearing a black or gray shirt underneath.

"Have you heard anything about the girls?" Obiki asked as he stepped out of the bus, followed by Dawson and Lancet.

"Um, I don't think so," he replied, scratching his cheek absentmindedly. "Hey, do you think that they have any chocolate?" he suddenly asked, eyes wide and sparkling.

Obiki and Lancet sweat dropped, and remembered his great love for chocolate. He went crazy enough that he had actually knocked over a teacher just to get a free sample chocolate from their school cafeteria. It only lasted a week, much to his disappointment.

"Er, I don't think so," Obiki answered him, laughing in his mind.

"Well this place hasn't changed a lot," Lancet suddenly muttered. His voice wasn't so loud, so only Obiki and Dawson heard him.

Obiki glanced at him before looking at the sight before him. He smiled at the familiar sight. He remembered a lot of good and bad moments from his last year.

There were three buildings positioned so that a small recreational garden was in the middle. The entrance of each building was on the middle. While the middle building and the building to the right were equal in size, the building to the left was relatively smaller. The middle and right building were the main buildings.

The middle and right buildings were for connected so that the teachers didn't have to go far to get to their next class. The connection of the two buildings was two stone bridges that allowed the students to get a better view of the recreational garden. The buildings were both white and had a large symbol on the top of the building. The middle building had a giant pokeball symbol whilst the right had a blackened outline of a dragon-like creature in a round, flat sphere. It's unknown to the students if it were a pokemon or not. Both buildings had lines of sky-blue windows for the students to look out of in their classrooms.

The left building was the teachers' Faculty Room as well as the Pre-K children's building. The Pre-K was located nearer so that the teachers could watch over them more carefully. The building was whitish blue in color, and the windows were light green in color. Above it hung the school's flag bearing its insignia, the darkened outline of an unknown pokemon holding what looked like a golden six-pointed star that held a tri-colored gem: red, yellow, and blue.

The recreational garden, in compare, was beautiful. In the middle of the garden was a large memorial statue of the school's founder, and their principal's great-grandfather, Sir Sosen Saikou. The garden was filled with different flowers of varied colors. There were also areas where the students could just relax under the shade of the trees in the garden. Of course, there was also plant life in other areas of the school other than the garden.

From what else they could see, there were other things. There was a swimming pool, larger than the last one they had, to their right. They couldn't see any more, but they could see their Gym right beside the middle building.

"Yeah," Obiki and Dawson said simultaneously, watching their familiar, yet different, school.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hm?" Obiki and Lancet looked to their side to see two familiar girls, a Delcatty and a Jolteon, walking towards them. The Delcatty was dragging was shy looking Kirlia while the Jolteon was waving enthusiastically. "Summer, Sam, hey," Obiki called out, waving back.

"Good morning, guys," Summer said as they reached the three males.

She was also wearing a school uniform, albeit for females and for her species. Her tail was swaying slightly from a hole for her tail. Along with a button-back dress, she wore a dark brown skirt that reached below her knees. It looked like she was wearing a pink shirt under the dress, but it was unclear. The dress also had a flower-patterned collar. There was a six-pointed star similar to the one in the insignia sown on her dress, and above it was the school's logo. The sleeves of her dress reached between her shoulders and elbows. Her normal collar that is famous from of her species was just jutting out. She wore knee-high socks and a black pair of sandals. Along with that, she had a flower-pattern bag on her shoulder.

"Hiya girls," Dawson said, tilting his head. It almost made him look cute to the girls' opinion. Lancet just gave a nod, which his friends considered normal for his greeting.

"We'd like ya to meet our new friend," Samantha explained, a hand on her hip.

She wore a similar uniform to Summer, except there was a lightning bolt sown on the left side of her dress and the logo on the opposite side. Her dress was also made so that her spikes wouldn't make too many holes on her dress and so that it could handle her electricity. It looked like she wore an orange colored sleeveless shirt underneath. She wore medium-sized socks and wore a black pair of running shoes that could pass as leather shoes. It wasn't against the rules to wear rubber or leather shoes, but males couldn't wear sandals at all. She also had a bag similar to Dawson's except it was orange-yellow instead of pure brown.

"This is Sai Themes," she introduced, pointing at the shy Kirlia.

"Um...h-hello," the said female stammered. Her head was ducked, but it made her look somewhat cute.

She also wore a similar uniform. Sown the right side of her dress was a purple eye, and her skirt was full-length, so the boys hadn't seen what footwear she was wearing. It was also unclear what color shirt she was wearing. She carried a small, white bag on her side. The one thing that was unique about her was a device on her wrist.

The device, which is called a Psychic Dampener, was common to all psychic types to control their psychic powers. Because of the fact that many psychics can read minds, the P.D. makes them use a lot more effort and energy just to do so. Because of it, it would take almost all the energy of a normal psychic just to raise someone a few feet in the air.

Dawson and Obiki gave their own unsure hellos. Lancet's eye rose, but nodded in response. They didn't know what to think of this new girl.

"Hey," another voice suddenly said, making Sai jump in surprise and the rest pulled out of their thoughts.

They all jerked to their side. Right at their side was a Medicham. He wore a longer version of their uniform, although it looked like he was wearing a pair of extra baggy pants. On the left side of his polo was the logo, and sown below it was a dark brown fist.

"Oh," Sam said, smiling. "What's up, Dennis?" she asked, one of her eyebrows raised.

"Hurry up...thirty-three minutes," he said, looking like he didn't really care. After that said, he walked away towards the middle building, the one with the unknown dragon sign. The group, except Samantha and Summer, looked confused.

"Um...what's that supposed to mean?" Dawson asked nobody in particular, blinking.

"He's sayin' that we have around thirty-three minutes before classes start," Summer answered him before heading towards the middle building. The others excluding Samantha blinked and thought the same thing, but only Dawson said it out loud.

"How'd she know that?"

"Cuz' she meets me right before and after I have practices, and because of that, she keeps on hearin' Dennis say this and that just so that we won't be late," Samantha answered, grinning slyly as she followed Summer.

Scared of being alone with the three males, Sai followed her quickly.

Lancet just shrugged as he, too, followed the three females, followed by Obiki and a confused Nidorino.

'This is going to be an interesting year,' Obiki thought, smiling as he walked on, watching the familiar sight of different pokemon of different ages chatting, heading towards their respective buildings, coming and going. The new students were supposed to go to the middle building with them where they would get their timetables.

He, his friends, and his brother already got their timetables earlier.

As he entered the building, he smiled to see that little had changed. The lobby looked a bit plain, but that would change over the days when the school would have certain festivities, contest and such that the lobby would be filled with various materials from stalls to billboards filled with pictures and news.

Summer, Samantha, Sai, and Lancet were right in the corner waiting for he and Dawson. There were other students waiting around whilst other students were coming and going. He and his big lug of a friend headed towards them as they seem to have begun talking.

"So, the same routine?" Obiki suddenly said as he and Dawson reached them.

"Sort of," Summer answered him. "Sammy and I hafta pick up Sai right after recess and show her around."

"She is new here, ya know," Sam added for the sake of Sai, "and we want to make her feel right at home." Sai slightly smiled at those words.

"Okay then, but find the lockers in the end?" Obiki asked. The group, except for Sai, nodded in response. "Let's check out timetables to see our scheds," he said, taking a piece if paper from his pocket. He had slipped it in his pocket the day he got the timetable so that he wouldn't forget. "First class?" he asked. "I have History first," he told them.

"History," Summer said, almost bitterly. "I hate History. It's so boring!" she added, making Lancet roll his eyes.

"I have...Science," Sam said, more to herself than the others.

"Science..." Lancet muttered dully.

"Um...Chemistry, I think," Dawson told them, scratching his head. "Uh..."

"Second floor, left hallway, fourth door," Lancet answered his unasked question. Dawson frequently forgot where some of his classes were, and always had someone tell him where.

"Thanks a lot! I thought I was gonna have to ask everyone again," he exclaimed loudly, drawing some glances. Obiki and Samantha shook their heads while Lancet slapped his forehead. Summer just grinned widely. Sai looked confused and embarrassed at the same time.

"Um...ah, I don't have a...timetable." The group looked at Sai, making her look red.

"Oh yeah, she's new," Obiki said, blinking.

"You have to go with the new students right there," Summer told her, pointing to a hallway across the entrance. The lobby served as an intersection as well as a main area. "You'll go to a seminar for new students, and you'll receive your timetable."

Sai's eyes suddenly went wide. 'A-alone!?' she thought incredulously. Ever since she got there, Summer and/or Samantha always accompanied her so that she wouldn't feel so out of place.

"B-b-but!" she said, unable to say anything else.

"Oh yeah, you have alone-phobia," Summer suddenly said, sweat dropping anime-style.

'Alone-phobia?' the boys thought, a bit confused.

Seeing their confused faces, Samantha answered their invisible question. "She doesn't want to be alone with so many people she doesn't know."

Summer looked around, and then she saw a familiar pokemon come from the middle hall and grinned. "Hey, Clearo! Come over here!" she called out, waving and jumping, once again drawing glances and more attention.

She had caught the attention of a Kadabra wearing a uniform similar to theirs, except it was made to fit him. He wore a similar emblem as Sai: a purple eye. Like Sai, he also wore a P.D. on his wrist. Other than those and the school badge on his polo, he seemed to have a badge that showed a pokeball held by the unknown dragon.

He walked towards them and then one of his eyebrows rose in suspicion as he scanned the group.

"Good morning," he suddenly said. "How may I be of assistance?"

"Hey Clearo, this is Sai," Summer said pointing at the Kirlia while grinning. The Kadabra's eyes locked on to hers and she blushed in front of the attention. He found her very interesting. "Sai, this is Clearo. He's one of the subbies around here," Summer said cheekily.

"If I told you once, I've told you a thousand times, Miss McFelia," Clearo said, glaring at the smiling Delcatty, "do not call me a subbie!" Then he turned to Sai. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Sai. My full name is Clearo Mynders, and I am one of the sub-authorities in this school," he said, bowing, making Sai blush even more. She was never used to this kind of attention. The rest, except for Dawson and Summer, just rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Sam said, "she needs to go to the seminar-thingy and we want you to 'escort' her there so that she won't be lonely."

Clearo frowned at her direction. "No need to be rude," he said. "And it would be my pleasure," he added, addressing Sai. "Well, let's hurry up then," he said as he started walking towards the main hall, deliberately being slow so that Sai could catch up.

Sai looked at her newfound 'friends', and she looked unsure.

"Don't worry," Obiki said, addressing her for once, "he may be stuck up, but he's trustworthy." He friendly smiled at her. Samantha, Dawson, and Lancet gave their own smiles, except Lancet's was a bit smaller, while Summer gave her an ecstatic grin.

Sai gave her own unsure smile, and followed Clearo. As she walked, she looked back, gratefulness in her eyes, and she hurried to follow her fellow psychic.

"Fourteen minutes," a voice suddenly said right behind Obiki, making them all jump in surprise, including the stoic Lancet.

"Gees, Dennis!" Summer exclaimed. "Don't do that!" she said, clutching her speedily beating heart. Right behind a startled Obiki was the same Medicham that was supposed to be in his classes.

"Yeah," Dawson added. "Ya almost gave me a heart attack...I think," he said, panting heavily while rubbing the back of his head.

"Besides, aren't you supposed to be in your classroom already?" Samantha asked him.

"Few more minutes...hurry up," he said as he went away, leaving them. Lancet just rolled his eyes as if he never was surprised.

"Well, you heard him, let's get going!" Summer said enthusiastically.

'And I thought she hated History,' Obiki thought as Summer began trotting towards the left hallway.

He looked at the others and then said, "Same old, same old, then. See ya guys later." He ran off to catch up with hyper cat.

"Well, be seeing ya, Dawson," Samantha said as she and Lancet went their way to their Science class. Lancet just nodded and went his way.

"Um, okay," Dawson answered back, pulling his bag closer. Then he looked around.

'I wonder where the stairs to the Chemistry class are,' he thought. 'Oh yeah, the right!' he thought happily as he went his way. Unknown to him, there was a map behind him that said the stairs to his class was to the left...

~

Obiki sighed as he dumped his back beside him on the seat that he found for himself, in-between Summer and the window, the 2nd row before the last. It was only a few more minutes before classes start.

'I'm not late,' he thought, 'good factor.'

"Let's see which devil of a teacher we're gonna have this year," Summer said deviously, smirking. Her bag was right under her desk. She had gained his attention, and he looked at her suspiciously.

"Hey, Sum," Obiki said, leaning on his hand as he laid his elbow against his desk.

"Hmm?" she asked, looking at him innocently.

'Under that smile lives an evil mind,' he thought as he remembered some of her old 'projects' of yesteryear.

"Can you warn the teacher before he or she bites into that apple you have in your bag," he told her.

Summer feigned innocence. "What are you talking about?" she asked, resting her palm on her heart. "I don't have an apple in my bag. I'm hurt that you think that way!" she added, pouting. Obiki rolled his eyes and looked in front.

'I feel sorry for the teacher who comes in to this class and meet's History-Hater Summer of the batch,' he thought, not really paying attention to the chatter of the other students.

Just then, the bell rang, and simultaneously, the door opened. Out of the door appeared a Nidoqueen wearing an instructor's dress. It was white with the school-logo, and she also wore a pair of light blue pants with slippers. It was all made to fit her species.

"Good morning class!" she said in a high singsong voice that made Obiki and some of the other students cringe. "My name is Ms. Clio Hersto," she added, still in what Summer and Obiki decided to call singsong mode.

"Good morning Ms. Hersto," the class replied dully. Almost automatically, they managed to make it sound singsong and bored at the same time.

Suddenly, Summer stood up carrying an apple that she had magically taken out from her pocket. Obiki eyed her all the time since Ms. Clio came in.

'Okay, so it's not in her bag,' he thought, but then eyed the teacher. 'I still feel sorry for her, though,' he thought, mentally snickering.

"Um, Ms. Clio?" Summer said innocently.

"Yes, miss..."

"Summer McFelia."

"Yes, Miss McFelia? What do you need?"

"Oh, nothing. I just have this for you." Summer offered her the innocent looking apple. In her mind, she was smirking wildly.

"Oh! Why, thank you, Miss. McFelia," she said, taking the apple. "If you don't mind, I'll take a bit out of this delicious looking apple," she said,

"Oh no, the pleasure is mine," Summer replied, going back to her seat. She smirked when she turned her back on the unsuspecting pokemon. At that, Clio took a bite out of the apple.

Much to Obiki's surprise, she didn't scream like their last history teacher, who had found out that the apple was as sour as a lemon.

"Okay then class, let's begin with role call," Ms. Clio said, smiling happily. However, the moment she opened her mouth, the class started snickering and trying to hold their laughter. "Hmm? Is there anything funny?" she asked.

"N-no...nothing M-miss Clio," a random student, a Wartortle, said, trying to hold in his laughter.

"Oh...okay then!" Ms. Clio said, a bit suspicious. "Lets start with role call..." she said, but Obiki stopped listening.

Even Obiki had to try to keep from laughing. He glanced at Summer, who was smiling despite her twitching smiles. It was obvious to him that she, too, was holding in her laughter.

Right in front of them was a teacher with a yellow tongue. Much to Obiki's surprise, it was spreading to her lips. He wondered how far and how long it would spread, thus making him think of a giant yellow banana for a teacher, only making him want to laugh even harder, but he only snickered.

"H-hey," he said, turning to Summer. "What d-did you put in th-that apple?" he asked, snickering.

"Oh, just an old formula," she replied, keeping a straight face while winking at him, making him roll his eyes.

After a while, most of the students noticed the spreading, but no one voiced out that, and Ms. Clio was left to say whatever and to become more yellow by the minute. Most of them had always found control for their laughter, and were becoming bored by the millisecond.

'This is going to be a long day,' Obiki thought, 'at least I'm not in trouble.' He had a knack for getting himself into different messes of ranging intensity.

It took a few more minutes, but the bell finally rang, making all the students think the same thing.

'Finally!'

"Okay then class, I'll see you tomorrow!" Ms. Clio said in singsong mode, oblivious of what was happening to her. It was strange, since the yellowness never reached her hands.

"At least, not yet anyway," Summer had said a few seconds after he voiced out that to her.

They had checked their timetables, and they had different classes. They had parted right after they reached outside the door. However, despite that, they both grinned and thought the same thing when they heard Ms. Clio's scream.

"I LOOK LIKE A WHAT!?"

'A giant banana in an instructor's uniform.' It seemed to them that a student had voiced that out, and was going to be in big trouble.

'At least I'm out of there,' Obiki thought, grinning like a Cheshire cat. He glanced at his watch and then noticed the time he spent just standing and thinking.

"/Shimata/!" he exclaimed. "I'm gonna be late," he thought out loud as he ran across the hall, forgetting that his next class was right behind him. He was standing right in front of it when he was thinking.

After a few seconds of running, the bell rang, and Obiki remembered where his class was.

'So that's why I never found it,' he thought frantically, 'oh no, I'm so late!' He ran back, but it was already futile for him.

He was directly sent to the principal's office. He tried reasoning with the teacher that it was still the first day, but "late is late and that's final" did him in.

He went to Principal H. Saikou's office grumbling and cursing the teacher.

~

"Ah, Mr. Obiki Fireken," his principal acknowledged, glancing at the said student as he opened his door. His principal was sitting on his seat right behind his desk. He was known as one of the strongest psychics in Crystal Stone, especially since he's a Mewtwo.

He was dressed in a brown suit and black pants. He had a black tie and white shirt underneath the suit. Accompanying those was a black watch. He didn't have a P.D. due to the fact that he was the highest form of authority in the school.

"Er, good morning sir," Obiki said, a bit nervous. "It's been a while, huh?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood in the principal's office.

"Yes...It's been a while," he said. "It's a...pleasure...to see one of my most frequent clients again," he said, amused. "Take a seat, little Quilava," he said, but it sounded more like a command to Obiki. Hou just gestured to the seat closest to him,

"Heh." Obiki rubbed the back of his head, his nervousness growing. When Principal Hou Saikou is amused, it does not spell good for him.

'So much for not getting in trouble,' he thought as he slowly walked towards the chair.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're one of the first five that came here," he said, smiling. His smile looked evil to Obiki. "The third, in fact," he said.

'Uh oh...not good!' he thought frantically, but he just grinned wildly.

"Uhm...yeah," he said, chuckling nervously.

"So, what are you here for?" Hou asked, all traces of amusement disappearing from his face.

"Um...I was late for class?" he tested.

"What, you came here just because your late for your second class?" he asked incredulously. "It's only the first day, and your late, not for your first class, but your second class!" he complained, unable to comprehend his reason. "And why, I ask, are you late?" he asked, calming down.

'Oh he's not gonna like this reason, and boy I know I won't like the result,' the Quilava thought.

"Er, I forgot where my class was," he said, getting more nervous as an awkward silence settled in the office.

"What!" he yelled, standing and slamming his hands on his desk. His voice practically resounded all throughout the school. He always took the rules seriously, and he always gave the right punishments, but he was just flabbergasting. "How, in heaven's name, did you forget your class? You've been in and around this school for seven years!" he asked/yelled rhetorically. He was panting and his eyes were wide. He takes things just too seriously.

True, Obiki has been in the school since he was Grade 1, and he almost knew the place like the back of his hand due to the fact that his and his friends' schemes took place just about anywhere. Well, almost anyway.

"Um...sir?" Obiki tested. He was now treading in dangerous lands.

"Yes, Mr. Fireken?" was the reply. He was calming down, which made Obiki sigh in relief. Last time he got that loud he sent Obiki and his friends to clean both the canteens. The one in the middle building and the one in the right building,

"How about you just give me the punishment now and then you can get on with torturing all the other students," Obiki offered, being a bit tactless.

"Torturing?" Sir Hou asked him, eyebrow raised.

"I mean, /punishing/, sir. So that you can get on punishing the others," Obiki said, sweating nervously.

"Yes...punishing," he said thoughtfully. "Well, since you asked for it, you have detention right after the bell rings for lunch," he decided. "This is the first day after all, and you can leave after the first fifteen minutes."

"Thank you sir," Obiki said, smiling.

'Okay, that's good at least,' he thought. 'Couldn't have been better!' he decided, smiling wider.

"You know, I would have let you go away with a warning, but since you offered, that's fine with me," Hou told him, leaning back on his reclining chair. Obiki's smile faltered greatly, but he kept a straight face.

'Me and my big mouth,' he thought. 'Sam was right when she said that I needed to shut up and listen for once.'

"Now hurry to class, no need for a slip." Hou returned to his papers that Obiki never noticed on his desk.

"Okay," he muttered. He was cursing himself in his head.

"Oh, and Obiki?"

"Yes?" He turned back towards his principal, who had an amused look in his eyes.

"As much as I'd love to hear your colorful vocabulary, stop cursing loudly," he said, once more turning back to his papers.

He blushed in embarrassment, and then uttered a small, "Loudly?" And then he remembered; his principal was a psychic pokemon without a Psychic Dampener. Because of that, he blushed even more. "Oh! I-I'm sorry sir!" With that, he rushed out of the principal's office and thought the same thought from a few minutes ago.

'Oh yeah, this is really going to be a long day!'

+-+-+-+

Obiki sighed in relief as the bell rang and the last class of the day ended.

'Finally,' he thought as he and his classmates were dismissed from class. Unfortunately for him, neither of his friends had the same last class as he, so they had decided to meet up in the main lobby, which was only a few ways from that class.

Then he caught a familiar girl pass by, and he grinned madly as he hefted up his bag.

"Hey, Hikari," he called out, running to the female white Charmeleon. She glanced back, and offered him a small smile that made him giddy.

"Hello, Obiki," she greeted. "I haven't seen you since this morning," she said, not slowing down, but Obiki had caught up with her anyway.

"Yeah," he said, an awkward silence setting in. He mentally smirked as he got a few envious glances and less jealous glares. "So-" he was cut off.

"Hey, Kari!" another female voice suddenly called. They both stopped, and Hikari glanced to her side and saw one of her classmates. "Come on, let's go!" a female Linoone yelled, waving. Hikari smiled and nodded, and then she looked at Obiki.

"Sorry, Obiki, I have to go," she said. "Bye," she said as she ran towards her group of friends, but not without giving him a friendly smile.

Feeling rejected, Obiki frowned and started to walk again. However, he was lost in his thoughts.

"Hey, Obiki," Dawson's voice called in.

"Hm..." he replied, although he was still lost in his thoughts.

"Hey, look at me for a sec!"

"What do you want, Dawson?" he snapped, irritated. However, he still didn't stop, and he was glaring right ahead of him.

"Watch out!"

"Huh?" he glanced back, but didn't stop walking. He then yelped as he hit a small bag, making him trip and fall. "Ow..." he groaned as he stayed on the floor like that.

"Oh! Sorry," a small Pikachu said, picking up her bag and then rushing off to avoid blame.

'Stupid rat,' he thought angrily as he tried to move his arms.

"I warned you," Dawson's innocent voice said, "but you didn't listen! You should listen more."

'I hate you,' he thought bitterly, but reasoned that it was Dawson, who was too dull to think of just stopping him himself.

"Yeah, whatever, Dawson," he said as he stood up. "Do you know where the others are?" he asked, gaining former composure.

"They're waiting down the hall; they got me to find you," he said, grinning happily.

"So, I'm guessing our lockers are there?" he asked, becoming more attentive to his surroundings.

Dawson shrugged. "I don't know."

'Figures,' he thought. Dawson was dull. Obiki then glanced at the Nidorino, who was smiling.

"Okay, dull, but a great friend," he muttered, smiling.

"What was that?" Dawson said, glancing at him as they turned to the other hall.

"Nothing, my big friend," he said. "Hey guys," he said as he reached his group of friends.

They all greeted he and Dawson, but Summer's greeting irked him.

"Hiya, Biki," she said cheekily.

"It wasn't funny last year, it ain't funny now, Summer," Lancet said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, whatev, Lancey!" Summer exclaimed.

Lancet just grumbled in return and thought, 'How troublesome.'

"So, are those our lockers?" Obiki asked, pointing at six bright red lockers right behind Samantha.

"Yup, Summer and Sai got the middle ones, I got the one second to the right, Dawson's is beside mine and Lancet got the left most one," Samantha said, pointing at each one.

"I guess that means I got the one beside Summer and Lancet," Obiki said, and then looked at Sai. "Looks like you're officially in the group, Sai." She smiled meekly in return.

"Well, come on, let's put in our things before I collapse from carrying this bag all day long!" Summer exclaimed walking behind Samantha to get to her locker.

'Summer? Collapse from being /tired/?' they all thought incredulously. 'Impossible!' However, they all dismissed it and they all went to their own lockers to adjust their things.

Actually, Dawson and Obiki just dumped their things in, Summer put in things without any thought, and Samantha just shoved in her books. Amazingly, all their things still stayed in. Only Sai and Lancet really arranged their things. Between all this, they all chatted good-naturedly, except for Summer who just rambled while Sai listened and Obiki, Samantha, and Dawson eavesdropped.

"Oh, by the way, Dawson, I heard that you went the principal's office four times," Obiki said. "What's up with that?" he asked.

"Oh, er, that. Heh," he said, suddenly rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I, um...got lost three times and got late," he told them.

"What about the fourth time?" Samantha asked, interested.

"He thought he heard the teacher say chocolate and harassed him to give it to him," Lancet said, smirking at Dawson, who gave him a scowl.

"Gees, Dawson, I know you love chocolate, but harassing a teacher?" Obiki said, chuckling.

"Hey, it's not my fault I love chocolate so much," Dawson mumbled, red on his face.

"So what're gonna do now, guys?" Samantha asked, after everyone finished fixed their lockers.

"Well, we-" Obiki was once again cut off.

"We should go home before mom goes ballistic that you forgot about our promise," a familiar voice said behind him. Just then, a wing settled on his shoulder, making Obiki stiff in response.

"Um...hey, Kent," Samantha said, waving lightly.

"Hello again, Sammy," Obiki's brother replied. "You, too, guys," he said, gesturing to Lancet, Summer, Dawson, and Sai, although he would ask Obiki about her later. They returned the greeting, but Sai was a bit shy in her own greeting.

"What do you want, Kent?" Obiki asked. He huffed and crossed his arms as he turned to look over his shoulder.

"I came to get ya before you forget," he replied knowingly.

"Forget what?" he was now looking directly at his brother while his friends just looked on. Luckily, they didn't really draw any attention.

Kent sighed and shook his head. "We promised to clean the kitchen today, remember?" he tested, eyebrows raised.

"Um...no," Obiki replied thoughtfully, "not really."

"Okay, let's put it this way," Kent said, smirking. "Remember the last time you broke your promise towards mom?"

Obiki's eyes suddenly widened. "Gotta rush guys, see ya later!" he said, running past his brother.

"What was that about?" Lancet asked, looking at Kent suspiciously.

"Yeah, what did your mom make him do? Huh? Huh? HUH?" Summer asked enthusiastically. She was practically jumping in excitement.

Kent chuckled before answering. "Mom made him baby-sit Grammy," he answered. The group, except Sai, cringed at that.

"All alone," he added, an evil glint in his eyes as he smirked. Then you could have sworn at the faces that they all made, even Lancet, but of course, with the exception of Sai.

Grammy, commonly known as Obiki, Kent, and Rubi's grandmother, is sweet, really. She just keeps on asking for this, asking for that, get me this, and please do that. It's tiring, and it usually resulted with the Obiki, Kent, the group, and Kent's friends all too tired to move, but that's not the worst part.

Have you ever tried to scrape your grandma's smelly feet? Rub lotion her back and legs, and then massage her wrinkled shoulders and back? And then you have to do that, minus the lotion, every one and half hour just so that she'll be rested! Well, they all had to do that.

The thought of doing that again almost made Summer puke.

"Um...who's-" Sai tried to say.

"You don't wanna know!" they all chorused, making her bite her lip.

"Uh, sir Kent?" Dawson asked.

"Hmm?"

"If both of you promised, what would your mother do to punish you?" Kent blinked, and then his eyes widened.

"Gotta go!" he said, rushing towards the direction Obiki just went. "Outta my way!" he exclaimed, shoving all that was in his way, which was unfortunate for one student, a Hariyama, who was right in front of him, who got slammed right into a wall, leaving an imprint on it.

"Okay," Samantha said, prolonging the first letter. They all sweat dropped. "That was weird." Lancet looked at her and then smirked.

"When is it ever not?" he asked her back, making her, Summer, and Dawson grin at each other. Then they all laughed.

Sai, however, just watched on, a small smile gracing her features.

'I think...I'm gonna like it here,' she thought as she then glanced at a window right across the hall to her left and saw the beautiful garden right in front of the building. Then she looked at her laughing friends, and thought...

'Yeah, I'm gonna like it here very much.'

End Chapter One

Okay, that's it. I hope you all like it, although it took me a while to finish it. R&R.

Oh, and a last note: If you guys could spare some short plot bunnies for chapters of this story, I appreciate it. If you do, e-mail it to me instead of reviewing it. It'd be easier for me to access that way. Try to keep it possible, but still weird in a way. Thanks, and see ya guys later!

Oh, and there'll be a little extra in the next chapter. Anybody favors a fight right now?
Sign up to rate and review this story