Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > A Not So Normal Highschool Life

Shocking Meetings

by Gold_Baastion 0 reviews

Samantha meets some old and new pokemon. What's the problem? Well, her old friend has a problem and she just put herself in the middle of it, and the new person is just itching for a fight.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-02 - 10828 words

0Unrated
Just so you know, I might use some songs from time to time because of my affinity to it.

Disclaimer: I still don't own pokemon. Nor do I own the song that is coming in this chapter. You'll find out more at the bottom, since I don't want to say anything that'll spoil the chapter's song.

Chapter base: Samantha Tonnerre
A Shocking Meetings


Samantha yawned as she stared dully at her teacher, a male Blastoise wearing a green shirt, brown pants, a pair of black shoes, and a pair of glasses. She didn't bother taking in the design or imprint of his shirt. Since it was past the first day, the teachers and students were spared from wearing their uniform, much to Samantha's, and most of the student body's, delight. Still, that didn't stop her from being bored. She even forgot which subject teacher the Blastoise was, not that she really cared.

'This is so boring!' she thought. She glanced at Dawson, who was lazily chewing on an eraser. He had a far-away look, a look that she commonly found on Summer's face whenever she asked how life was treating her. 'At least we have lunch after this,' she told herself as she sighed.

She took in what he wore briefly before glancing back at the teacher. He was wearing a gray shirt with a picture of a winged skull, a gift from Obiki on his last birthday. Luckily, Obiki found one that had high endurance against spikes and such. Along with that, he had a pair of faded black pants and leather shoes. He also had a silver watch that she and Summer had bought for him.

'I wonder how many school materials he'll chew this year,' she thought, a faint trace of a smile on her lips Dawson had the habit if chewing things if he was bored, nervous, scared, or hungry...and a few other feelings that Samantha forgot.

"Okay class," the teacher suddenly called. "Can anyone tell me-" He was cut off by the ring of the school bell.

Samantha stood straight at the sound of the bell. Dawson dropped his eraser and also straightened up, his ears straight. Other students did the same, but some in their own way.

'Come on, dismiss us already!' Samantha thought, wanting this to end quickly. Her ears twitched uncontrollably, showing her eagerness.

"Okay. Now before I dismiss you," the teacher said, raising his eyebrow at the sounds of groans from the students, including Samantha. "Answer page twenty-one of your book, and pass it tomorrow. That is all, dismissed," he said, scanning the class while speaking. As he said dismissed, Samantha took her notebook and pen and quickly dashed out of the classroom, leaving a startled Dawson, who was still looking for his dropped eraser.

'What a strange girl,' the teacher said as he saw her run out of the door. While he was scanning the students some minutes earlier, he noted that she looked like she was listening, yet not at the same time.

'She left me behind!' Dawson thought incredulously, his right ear drooping while the other twitched. 'I can't believe she- hey, my eraser.' He picked up his half chewed eraser and put it in his pocket as he stood up, being careful not to hit his head on the desk like he usually does. He then went to get his bag, and then paused. 'What was I thinking again?' He blinked and shrugged it off as he took his things and headed for the door.

"Hey, watch ou-" the teacher tried saying.

Unfortunately for Dawson, he wasn't really paying attention and tripped on a small bag, similar to the one that Obiki tripped on the day before. He yelled as he fell face first to the floor. Luckily for him, the only ones in the classroom were the teacher, an Umbreon student who looked like he couldn't care any less, and a small Pikachu.

"Oh!" the small Pikachu, who looked similar to the one who owned the bag the day before, exclaimed. "I'm sorry. I have to go!" she said as she took the bag and ran away to avoid blame.

"Owww," Dawson groaned, his ears flat on the ground. The other student grunted as he passed the fallen Nidorino.

'He better not be cursing in his mind,' the teacher thought as he stared at Dawson.

'Owww,' Dawson groaned in his mind.

The teacher shook his head and went to help him up. 'I'm getting too old for this,' he thought as he hefted the dazed boy, whose ears were flat against his head.

"Are you okay?" he asked, steadying the student.

"Yeah, I think so...oh no!" Dawson exclaimed, feeling his pockets as his ears straightened up in the air. "Oh no, oh no, oh no!" He dropped to the ground and started searching for something, drawing some awkward glances.

"Er, what is it?" the teacher asked, scratching his head and ignoring the glances.

"I lost my eraser!" he replied, looking crestfallen as his ears drooped. The teacher slapped his forehead and shook his head.

~

Samantha looked around as she closed her locker.

'I wonder where Dawson is?' she thought, as she spied at hallways. 'Oh well, I'm sure he isn't in any trouble,' she told herself. She went towards the hallway that led to the cafeteria. She and others were supposed to meet with each other there, and Summer was accompanying Sai so that she wouldn't get lost.

As she passed the hall, she was suddenly lost in her thoughts, and attribute that all of them gained from Lancet whenever they were bored during something long. She subconsciously walked her way towards the cafeteria when she suddenly got bumped.

"Oof!" she exclaimed as she fell down on her behind. She winced as she tried to regain her thoughts. "Hey, watch it!" she said to whoever bumped into her. In her anger, sparks of electricity started to shoot from her forepaws, making most of the students steer clear from her.

"Like, sorry," she heard the faint voice say.

Samantha looked at her side, and her eyes widened. "Kayle?" she suddenly said, looking closely at the pokemon that had bumped into her.

"Huh?" the other said, looking at Sam.

The pokemon was a female Eevee wearing a black shirt that said "Bite Me" in red in the front and "I dare you!" in white at the back. She also wore a pair of black slacks that looked too big for her, yet fit at the same time. She wore a pair of black and red running shoes. Samantha also noted that she had a lot of accessories. Two silver earrings on her right ear. On her left wrist was a thick, silver bracelet, and on her right hand had three silver rings, each with a different color gem. She would've worn a choker, if her father hadn't confiscated it At that moment, her ears were twisting in curiosity.

"Sam?" she asked. "Samantha Tonnerre? Is that, like, you?"

Samantha's ears perked in recognition. "Kayle, it is you!" Samantha stood up and hefted the younger girl up and hugged her. Kayle was younger than her by two years, but was only one grade behind her.

Kayle's cheek pinked at the affection, but return the gesture. "I didn't, like, recognize you, especially with your choice of clothes," she said as they stepped away from each other. "I thought you liked the color style of orange and white."

Samantha looked at her clothes, and sure enough, they weren't orange or white. The year before, she had always worn those colors, but changed them because of Summer.

She was wearing a sleeveless black shirt that had a gray collar and over that was a yellow polo with black rims. At the bottom of the polo were white lightning designs outlined in black. She wore a pair of black pants. The left pant's knee below was yellow and the outline was in a zigzag design. Her belt was pure yellow. She had a plain yellow wristband on her left arm.

'How did Summer get me to change color code?' she thought to herself, but shrugged it off and glanced at Kayle. But then her eyebrow rose. 'Wait a second,' she thought. Her eyes narrowed as she spied at Kayle closely.

Kayle stepped back and her eyes widened. "W-what? Is there, like, something on my face?" she asked, leaning backwards and ears twitching in nervousness.

"I thought you said that you were gonna evolve this year," she said, leaning close. "And if I remember correctly, into a Flareon?" She shot the unnerved Eevee with a questioning glance accompanied with a smirk on her face.

"We-well, I...um," she tried to say back. She was just Grade 6 last year, and she was turning into a freshman this year, where most stone-evolving pokemon evolved. Those that weren't stone evolving just evolved during Grade 6, Year 1, or Year 2...most of them at least

"Nah, you don't have to tell me..."

Kayle sighed in relief.

"...now." Samantha smirked at her.

Kayle sucked in the air sharply. She really didn't need this now. "Look, Sammy, it's, like, nice seeing you again, but I need to go," she said, turning to move. She was stopped by Samantha's hand on her shoulder. She looked over said shoulder and was greeted by a concerned looking Jolteon with narrow eyes.

"Kayle, what's wrong?" Samantha asked, her ears pointing straight behind her head.

"It's nothing, now let me go!" Tail swishing in frustration, Kayle jerked her shoulder away and suddenly ran off into the growing crowd of students, leaving Samantha dumbfounded and with a few suspicious glances. If Samantha wasn't so stunned and if Kayle wasn't almost as fast as her, she would've run after her.

'Kayle...snapped at me,' she thought incredulously. Kayle was mostly a shy girl, at least, to those she doesn't know, and she almost never shouted or snapped at anyone she cared about, or in this case, Samantha.

Crestfallen and ears drooping, Samantha turned her back towards the direction of the Eevee and started to walk to the cafeteria. She was once again lost in her thoughts.

'I...I can't believe she snapped at me,' she thought, still not believing what happened a while earlier. In fact, as she entered the cafeteria, she had lost her appetite and skipped the lunch line altogether.

"Hey, Sammie!" a familiar hyperactive voice yelled.

"Huh?" she mumbled. The voice barely registered in her head. Ears still drooping, she looked around. Her eyes began to regain some of their former glow as she spotted her unusual group of friends sitting on a nearby table. She smiled a little as she walked towards them. Lancet sat beside Obiki, who was right across Sai. Summer was sitting beside Sai and was waving her hands to signal.

Obiki and Lancet wore red and white shirts respectively. While Lancet's shirt was plain white with black rims and collar, Obiki's looked like it was run over by a car because it had a black tire track running diagonally. They both wore blue jeans, 'cept Lancet's was longer.

As for Summer, she had a white shirt that had one large butterfly on it. Each of the butterfly's wings had a cat's eye design in the middle. Her red skirt reached the middle of her calves. She also had a small necklace with various butterfly pendants around it. It looked to Samantha that Summer had a butterfly fad going on.

Sai wore a gray blouse with long sleeves. Along with that was a pink ankle length skirt with red streaks. She had the normal PD and a bracelet.

"Hey guys," she said weakly, making most of them raise their eyebrows. Summer scooted over so that Samantha could sit between her and Sai. Samantha plopped down on a space between the two girls.

Sai shivered as Samantha's skin brushed against hers. Because of her species, she had the strongest ability among her group of friends to detect and feel emotions around her, and because of her closeness to Samantha, her negative feeling was starting to make her very uncomfortable. However, Lancet was the first to speak.

"Are you alright?" he asked, leaving his half-finished food alone. "You look sick," he stated.

"Er, yeah...I'm fine," she said, trying to sound believable. She even tried to crack a smile, albeit a small one.

"Aren't you even hungry?" Summer asked, noting that she had skipped the lunch line and wasn't even carrying a lunchbox.

"No, I'm not hungry." She had berated herself for saying that she lost her appetite.

"Hey guys!" a happy voice said. Samantha and the rest looked to their side to see a smiling Dawson standing by the table carrying a tray. He then looked at Samantha, and he frowned as his ears drooped a little. "I can't believe you left me!" he accused, frowning.

Samantha cracked a smile, a true smile. It wasn't as big as her usual smiles, but it looked better than before. "Sorry 'bout that, D," she apologized, her ears twitching with amusement and a bit of embarrassment.

And then a look of realization appeared on his face. "Oh, by the way, have you seen Kayle lately?" he asked, tilting his head as he put his tray on the table and sat beside Lancet.

When she heard him say Kayle's name, her ears went immediately down. However, she quickly let it jerk straight back up after she realized it a second later, but Lancet and Sai spotted it before she did. Fortunately for her, they opted not to question her.

"Oh! I haven't seen her for a such a long time," Summer exclaimed as her tail swayed happily. "Why, have you?" she asked leaning across the table. Her ears were up with anticipation. She had a close relationship with Kayle, but not as close as Kayle and Samantha were.

Trying to brush Samantha's feeling aside, Sai asked, "Um...who is Kayle?" She had directed the question towards Summer, but since Samantha was between them, she cringed. Samantha and Summer looked at Sai.

Samantha had a look that said 'I don't really wanna answer that.'

Summer, however, answered her question. "She's a friend of ours that Samantha introduced us to. She's really fast, and she's really nice. Oh, and her brother is so cute!" Summer exclaimed, her ears straight, hands clasping at each other and tail twisting into a heart as she swooned. Sai looked at her weirdly, but she also felt happy, contrasting that of Samantha's. She had a really close connection with both of them.

Samantha, however, ducked her head as she realized that Sai wasn't asking her the question. She blushed as she thought, 'I hope she doesn't ask me about that.' Sai was far from considering that however, since she wasn't really good with that kind of thing.

"Um, girls?" Dawson started, feeling a bit left out. Obiki sighed as he and Lancet shook their heads at Summer.

"Oh, sorry bout that," Summer exclaimed, snapping out from her reverie. She blushed as her ears started to become pink. "You were saying?" She tilted her head at Dawson while Sai glanced at him meekly. Samantha glanced at him from her ducked head.

As she didn't raise her head, this roused questions among the group, but they were left unsaid.

"Well, there was this third year looking for her," he said as he started eating. Obiki and the rest had already finished eating. Obiki always ate fast, Lancet only ate from his packed lunch, and the girls, excluding Samantha, don't ever eat much.

Samantha's eyebrow rose. "Why?" she asked, her voice sounding more like what it had been. Dawson stopped for a moment and raised his chin. He scratched his head as he tried to remember.

"Um...I dunno, but he sounded agitated," he said as he looked at Samantha. "Or maybe he was angry...I forgot," he grinned at her sheepishly as one of his ears dropped in embarrassment, but that was the last thing on Samantha's mind.

Suddenly, Samantha's mind clicked. "I gotta go; see ya guys later," she said as she stood up, jumped off the bench and ran towards the cafeteria entrance/exit.

They, with the exclusion of Dawson, looked at her incredulously as she ran. Dawson just looked on, dumbfounded. Sai and Lancet, however, had thoughtful looks on their faces.

"What was that about?" Summer asked out loud as she tilted her head to see more of Samantha as said Jolteon ran out.

"I think we better follow her," Lancet said as he stood up. Obiki and Sai followed suit, nodding. He and Obiki walked around the table and started to follow Samantha's tracks.

"Summer? You coming?" Sai asked as she looked at the Delcatty who looked like she was in deep thought, which was quite a sigh for those that don't know her very well. Sai had already known that she was a little worried about their fast friend. She is a Kirlia after all.

'I hope this isn't anything too serious,' Summer thought as she shrugged and stood up. She looked at Dawson and raised her eyebrow as her tail swished mischievously.

"Sorry Dawson, but you'll have to eat another time," she said as she snatched up his tray and pranced towards the entrance, but not before putting the tray in a box. Sai quickly followed her.

Dawson, snapping out of his reverie, yelled, "Hey!" He stood up as his ears drooped. "I'm still hungry," me muttered. However, he followed his friends despite his hunger.

~

Samantha looked around the hall as she forced the cafeteria door open.

'Where is she...where is she?' she chanted in her mind as she then began running at a random hallway. Then she remembered where Kyle loved to hangout. 'The garden!' She stopped and headed towards the nearest exit. As she ran, she kept repeating, 'Please be there, please be there!'

~

"Where did she go?" Obiki asked himself as he and the rest looked around for Samantha. At least, he, Sai and Lancet were. Summer was chatting with Dawson, who was whining about being hungry.

"Oh, stop it Dawson," Summer snapped at him, her tail swishing and ears twitching in irritation.

"But I'm still hungry," he whined, ears drooping.

"Tell ya what, I'll treat ya tomorrow," she said, her tail pointing at him.

"Really?" She nodded back, her tail still swishing, but a smile on her face. "Okay!" Dawson's ears went sky high.

"Now that you've solves that problem, how 'bout you help solve out previous one?" Lancet looked at them, arms folded. "We've still gotta find Samantha, and you have the best nose out of the five of us, Summer," he stated.

"And I can barely sense her when she's in close proximity with the Psychic Dampener," Sai told them, holding the device on her wrist level with her head.

"Oh alright." Summer tilted her head and gave a couple of sniffs in the air. "She's coming," she trailed off.

"Coming?" With the exception of Summer, they looked at the hallway. When Obiki didn't see her, he looked at Summer accusingly. He said, "She ain't anywhere Su-"

He was cut off by a yellow blur that created a breeze and making him flare up his flame quills in surprise. If he had listened better, he would have heard the blur say, "Later, guys!"

Summer gave him a smug look. "What were you going to say, /Biki/?" she asked him cheekily, her tail up high.

"Never mind, let's just follow her," he replied, grumbling in his head. He started off by running at the direction that Samantha, a.k.a. the yellow blur, dashed off to. The rest nodded and followed him.

Unbeknownst them, right behind Obiki was a half-conscious Hariyama, whose clothes were black and charred and skin was covered in soot.

"Why...me?" the Hariyama choked out.

~

Samantha huffed as she exited the school building and directly ran towards the school garden. She stopped at the statue of the founder and laid her hand on the base of the statue.

"Oh, where is she?" she muttered, feeling worried.

It took her a while to remember, but she remembered Kayle's fighting streak. She always got in trouble with some of the older students, usually resulting in a fight in one way or another.

Anxiously, she looked around. She noticed a few students resting about or studying, but she couldn't spot Kayle. She couldn't catch her scent either since many students passed through here, making it hard for one with an untrained nose to determine between once scent and the other.

Then, with her sensitive hearing, she heard two voices, one of which was familiar. She looked at where she heard them and then saw a black image with a brown and black one near a tree.

'Kayle!' she thought, recognizing the brown and black. 'Then that must be the Sneasel,' she thought, and then without thinking, ran towards them.

As she got closer, she recognized that Kayle, although looking stubborn, also looked a bit nervous. The Sneasel, although not that tall, towered over her. He saw a smirk on his face, and even at the distance, she could already hear them.

"I told you, Keeter, like, leave me alone!" Kayle yelled at the Sneasel. Her back was against a tree, and her tail betraying her as it hung between her legs.

"Tsk. I can't do that, little girl," the Sneasel known as Keeter told her, waving one claw in front of the Eevee.

"You get away from her!" Samantha yelled as she stopped right between the two pokemon. She spread her hands out as if to protect Kayle.

"Samantha!" Kayle exclaimed in surprise.

"What the?" Keeter was caught off guard, a startled look on his face. It was then replaced by a smirk. "Well, well, well. Samantha Tonnerre!" he exclaimed, amused. Samantha's eyebrow rose.

"How do you know my name?" she asked, her hands in a fist. Sparks of electricity were starting to shoot out from her hand.

"It seems you doubt your own fame, Tonnerre," Keeter said, not really answering her question. "But what is happening right now is none of your business. Move aside," he commanded her.

"I'm making it my business, and that's the last thing I'm gonna do right now," she said, more electricity shooting from her hands. However, she was a bit startled when he shoved a pin-up in front of her face. "Wha?"

The pin-up was circular in shape and its design was of an unknown pokemon in a marble colored armor of a knight. Behind the knight was the moon, and on the moon were the letters A Re Kn and A. The background was colored purple to fit the moon.

"This, Tonnerre, is the symbol of The AReKnA or the Alabaster Renegade Knights Association," he said. "I am a part of this group, and we all have an image to uphold to the pokemon of Sun Stone Town," he explained. "You see we are a team of pokemon that frequently battle to gain respect from others."

"And what does it have to do with me?" Samantha asked, raising her eyebrow. The electricity from her hands had faded, and her arms were let down, but she was not going to let him pass her.

"Not you, her." He pointed a sharp claw at Kayle, and then put the pin on the left side of his shirt. It was pure black, and he was also wearing pure black pants with streaks of gray on his them. "You see, because of her, one of our members is out of commission, and she has to pay the price," he told her, folding his arms and smirking.

"What did she do?" Samantha asked, not moving from her spot.

"I'm sure you know of Kanon Innosen?"

Samantha's eyes widened. "Kayle's brother?" she asked. Keeter nodded, smirk gone from his face.

"He left AReKnA because of her, and she has to pay for that. He was one of the best, but now he's gone," he said bitterly, as if he didn't want to admit it. Samantha wanted to ask him how she would pay, but thought better of it.

As if reading her thoughts, Kayle said, "He wants me to battle him in the Town Stadium." Samantha raised her eyebrow, and then got an idea.

"How 'bout this, you leave Kayle alone, and..."

"And?"

"And I'll be your challenger," she finished.

"Samantha!" Kayle exclaimed. "What're you-" The Jolteon silenced her with a look and turned back to Keeter.

"If I win, you leave Kayle, and me, alone. If I lose, I'll...I'll join your group," she said, grimacing at the thought. Keeter grinned, and nodded.

"Very well, Tonnerre," he said. "This afternoon, after dismissal, go to the Town Stadium. We'll settle this there." He gave a nod towards Kayle, and then stalked off, a satisfied smirk plastered on his face.

"Sam, you didn't, like, have to do that, you know," Kayle said, putting her paw on Samantha's shoulder.

"I know, but that's what friends are for," she replied, turning to face her friend. She gave her a friendly hug.

Kayle felt a bit better at the situation; Samantha may not be experienced at battling, but she could hold on her own if the need arises. Kayle smiled and returned the hug. Her tail was swaying happily behind her. As they released each other from their hug, both of them jerked their ears towards a lot of footstep sounds.

"Kayle!" a hyperactive voice exclaimed. Kayle's ears shot up as she was caught in surprise when two furry arms gave her a bear hug. Samantha smothered a laugh behind her paw.

"Ack..." Kayle tried to speak as her tail hung limp. "N-nice to see...you, too...Summer," she choked out. She resisted the urge to bite her arms.

"You remembered me!" Summer exclaimed. The two arms that embraced her seemed to have gotten harder.

"Ah...!" Kayle looked like she was choking and her ears were already drooping.

"Summer?" Lancet said as he stepped beside her.

"Hmm?" Summer turned to him while he was still giving Kayle the bear-now-turning-death hug.

"I hate to be blunt...but Kayle needs to breathe to live," he stated, amusement in his eyes.

"Oh!" she exclaimed as she released Kayle. Kayle's tail hung limp as she took in mouthfuls of needed air. "Sorry, 'bout that, Kayle," she apologized.

"Don't...worry," she said, still taking in mouthfuls of air. "I know...how you are," she panted.

"Hum?" Summer looked at Kayle curiously. "What do you mean by that?" she asked

Obiki, who was right behind Summer and Lancet with Sai and Dawson, looked at Lancet accusingly. "I thought you liked being blunt," he said. He was answered with an ungainly shrug.

"Whatever." Obiki shook his head and sighed as he stepped next to Lancet. Then he looked at the Eevee, who was looking much better now.

"Hey, Kayle," he said, waving a little. Lancet gave her a nod as a greeting. She smiled at them, not really wanting to speak at that moment.

Sai, who was still behind the Summer and the two males, shyly looked from behind. She had heard a lot of Kayle from her friends, especially Samantha, but they never said that she looked...scary, at least to her.

Dawson, who also wanted to say hi, looked at Sai and decided to introduce her to Kayle himself. He took her hand, startling her for a second, and pulled her towards the Eevee. He gave Kayle his usually goofy grin.

"Hiya, Kayle." He then pointed at Sai. "This is Sai, our new friend. She's really shy, but she gives a lot," he said, recalling the time they were classmates and she offered one of her three new pens to him when he lost his.

Sai blushed but gave a small, "Um, hello." She ducked her head, but Kayle could see a meek smile on her face.

"Hey. Kayle Innosen," She offered her hand for a shake. Sai hesitantly took her hand and shook it. As she felt Kayle's fur touch her skin, she felt warmth emanating from Kayle, making her smile wider.

"Sai Themes," she replied.

Then Samantha suddenly draped her shoulder over both of her friends. "Aw, Sai is already warming up to her," she said, happy that two of her closest friends are now friends themselves.

"Hey, whatta 'bout me?" Summer exclaimed as she too draped her arms over the two of them. The four girls giggled as they started to chat and catch up with Kayle, or gossiping more like it. Samantha and Kayle, who seemed to have forgotten most of the previous event, felt a lot better.

The boys just looked at them, looking a bit lost. It took them a long while to get Sai to warm up to them, but she warmed up to Kayle a second after they met.

"I'll never understand girls," Obiki said, scratching behind his head. The two other boys nodded in agreement. "Ya guys wanna get to the lockers? I have to get my homework," he said.

"You? Do homework?" Lancet said as looked at him incredulously. "That's..." he trailed off.

"Mom threatened to leave Grammy as Rubi's babysitter next week when they have this dinner thing, and Kent's going with them," he muttered, frowning.

"Ouch," Dawson and Lance said simultaneously.

"At least she didn't say that she'd leave Grammy as my babysitter." He shook his head and then looked at the girls. "We'll be at the lockers if you need us," he told them.

"Whatever!" Summer and Samantha yelled back. Then they burst into giggles as the boys left them.

"So, what's going on?" Summer suddenly asked, tail swishing and ears twitching mischievously. She had a look on her face that made Samantha a bit nervous.

"Like, what do you mean, Sums?" Kayle asked, looking at her.

"Come on, something had to go on here, else Samantha wouldn't have run off like that!" she exclaimed, hands on her hips. Kayle looked at Samantha curiously, not really understanding.

"Look girls? I think me and Kayle have to tell ya something," Samantha said, looking down. Her ears drooped a little. Kayle then realized that Samantha knew that something was wrong when she ran away from her earlier that lunch. She frowned in guilt.

"Samantha?" Sai looked unsure of what to do. She didn't like it at all when any of her friends felt anything negative, especially since it'll affect her too.

"I'll tell it," Kayle said, feeling even guiltier. "It's, like, my fault in the first place." Samantha shook her head no.

"We'll both tell it. It involves me as much as it does you, now," she stated, resting a hand on her shoulder. Kayle smiled at her gratefully, happy that she wasn't alone in the mess.

Summer's tail dropped down, as she suddenly felt a bit guilty herself for getting their moods down. "You know, you don't have to tell; it could be just your secret," she said, rubbing her left hand on her right arm. Sai nodded in agreement.

"No, I have to," Samantha said, looking at them sadly. "Because I don't you guys to think that I left you guys for nothing if I lost."

"Lost?" Summer asked softly. "Lost what?"

Samantha and Kayle sighed as they explained Kayle's situation. It wasn't that long, but Summer frequently interjected to ask a few questions. For the first time that school year, she looked serious.

By the time they were done, it was a few minutes before the end of lunchtime. Samantha, Sai, and Summer all said goodbye to Kayle and headed towards their next classes. Much to Sai's dismay, she had to go to a class by herself whilst Summer and Samantha had the same class.

"Don't worry, we'll see each other later," Summer assured her.

"Yeah. Besides, I don't think I'll want only Kayle to be with me when I go to the Town Stadium," Samantha told her. Sai, although hesitant, nodded and headed off towards her next class.

'At least Dawson's there,' she thought, thinking of the goofy Nidorino, but she still wished that Summer or Samantha were with her.

"Hey, Sammie?" Summer asked as she and the Jolteon walked to their next class.

"Yeah?" Samantha looked at her, looking happy, but Summer knew her too well. Well, that, and Samantha's ears were a little droopy.

"So what's your plan?"

"Honestly, Sums," she said. "I don't know," she confessed, shaking her head. "I admit that I can handle a few fights once in a while, but I bet that this guy has been in more battles than I have won track contests."

"Then what're you gonna do? You can't just lose to him," Summer said angrily, scowling. Her tail swished wildly behind her, occasionally slapping on someone making them look around.

"I know, but even if that'll happen, I'm gonna..." she trailed off. Her mind clicked, and she grinned wildly as her ears shot up in glee. She paused mid-stride.

"Something wrong, Sam?" Summer asked, paused for her friend

"Everything's fine, Sum." Samantha grinned. Summer looked at her incredulously. She was looking at her as if she were crazy. She was in a situation where she'd have to leave her friends, and she was grinning like a Cheshire cat!

"Are you feeling alright?" She pressed her hand on Samantha's forehead.

Samantha rolled her eyes and pushed her arm away. "Yah. I just found a loophole in my deal," she told her and walked past the Delcatty.

"Loop...hole?" Summer tilted her head, but smiled. "If you say so, Sammie!" she exclaimed loudly, drawing glances once again. Her ears wiggled and tail swayed as she started trotting after her, somewhat embarrassing Samantha.

"Act like you don't know her, act like you don't know her," Samantha muttered under her breath as she ducked her head and ears. As much as she liked Summer, she can sometimes be annoying, embarrassing and a brat when she becomes bossy or snobby...okay, mostly annoying and embarrassing. She only becomes bossy or snobby when she gets too much sugar.

Summer trotted and pranced all the way to their classroom, making Samantha red faced.

'Why in heaven's name am I friends with this girl again?' Samantha asked herself as she went to a nearby seat, sat down, and slouched, leaning on the desk. She glanced at Summer who sat down and then took out a notebook.

Samantha's ears perked up as she looked at her curiously. Last she remembered they didn't have to bring anything for this class yet. She sat up straight and tried to get a peek at what she was writing.

She was surprised to see that she was drawing, and it wasn't bad either. It was a drawing of the school's recreational garden. It looked like a rough outline, but it was beginning to take shape, and Samantha recognized it.

'Never knew she could do that,' Samantha thought. 'Well, you learn something new everyday.' She looked away and onto the board. That was when she started to think about the problem.

She still had her loophole, but she didn't want to lose intentionally. In fact, she didn't want to lose, period.

'Who in their right mind does?' she thought rhetorically to herself, lazily creating small sparks of electricity from her fingers. Enough to create a small spark, but only strong enough to give a person a slight jolt.

She knew that she'd feel sleazy for using her loophole, but also knew that it was her only choice of she was going to lose. However, she vowed that she was gonna give it her all, and make sure that she win.

"Good morning class!" a loud voice pierced her train of thought.

'Oh keep it down low, why won't cha?' Samantha suddenly thought.

Suddenly, Summer looked at Samantha incredulously, but there was an amused grin on her face as if saying 'I don't know what your doing but I approve!' Typical...

Then the Jolteon's eyes went wide when she realized that she had heard the same words from her head. 'Did I say that out loud?' she thought.

A red tinge appeared on her face and ears. "Erm, did I say that? No, no," she said, waving her hands in front of her. "What I mean was, um," she scanned the room.

She looked around and saw that nothing was out of order...other than the blind on the window was opened.

"The blind on the window is up, and, uh, the light's getting in my eyes?" she said, her voice nervous. Actually, the window's light didn't even reach her, but she was desperate enough to try.

It was only the first week, and she wasn't planning on meeting Principal Hou anytime soon. That, and she didn't want to get an outburst from him like Obiki did, which was pretty likely considering Obiki, Summer, and Samantha had the habit of talking back to the teachers.

The teacher, a Ludicolo, made his eyebrow rise above his glasses. "Very well, someone please pull the blinds down," he said, placing a few booklets on the class desk. "And you, miss," he said, gesturing to Samantha, "have a warning. Try to be more...tactful next time." He arranged the booklets and started role call.

Samantha, whose face was pinkish, nodded. The reddish color had disappeared from her ears, and the pink was soon fading from her face.

"Hey," Summer's voice called to her, although not loud enough to attract the attention of the teacher as of yet. Her tail was twitching with amusement.

"Hm?" Samantha turned to her. "What?"

"I thought I was the one who usually gets caught between the two of us," she told her, eyes sparking mischievously and smiling.

That's when Samantha realized that she wasn't the one who said those words. She had 'thought' that she said it, but Summer was the one who had. "You said it, didn't you?" Samantha hissed, glaring at Summer accusingly.

"Hey, it's not my fault that our voices are almost similar," Summer retorted, smiling cheekily. "And that our minds think alike," she added, turning back to the teacher, but not without giving Samantha a smug smirk.

Samantha shook her head and sighed in disbelief. It was kind of true; their voices were almost similar, which was strange since they weren't related one bit. The only thing was that Samantha had a little deeper voice and Summer could reach the highest pitches. Only those who knew them well or had very adept hearing would recognize their voices' differences.

It was also true that their minds sometimes think alike...much to Samantha's dismay and amusement. Summer could read Samantha's mind at times and vice-versa. Because of that, Samantha usually knows what to expect from her...usually. Summer still has the ability to be unpredictable even to her closest of friends.

'I just hope that I don't have anymore surprises today,' she thought, 'I've had three too many.'

~

Samantha stood in front of an entrance of a large building carrying a light gray bag that held her normal battling attire. Just because it was unconventional didn't mean she wasn't prepared.

The building was mostly gray in color, but other colors like white and red colored the window edges, sides, and the large sliding doors. On top of the door was a large sign that said "Town Stadium: The Crossfire" and was white in color while the letters were dark blue. The windows were tinted, so those outside could not see any of the ongoing battles inside the building.

The Stadium was one of hundreds in the world, and a handful of them carried special badges where one could test his or her strength. An example of that was "City Stadium: The Cascade Downpour" that carried the Cascade badge.

The speedy Eon sighed. Early after dismissal, she had asked, well, more like forced, Summer to fetch Sai and the others. The boys had the right to know anyway; they were still her friends. Besides, that way Samantha didn't have to deal with any of their questions and she could get to the stadium earlier than expected.

She walked to the automatic opening doors and was caught in a cool breeze of wind as she entered. She had to close her eyes in surprise; she had forgotten how long since she had been last in the stadium.

She wasn't at all a stranger to the stadium; she had been in quite a few battles in the place, but this was the first time she had ever risked something in the battle other than her pride.

She looked around at the familiar sight before her. The room was oblate in shape, and right across the entrance was a wide counter where two pokemon, a Hitmonchan and Hitmontop, where stationed. On each side of the counter were two hallways, and then beside those two were another pair of hallways right across each other. She also remembered that each hallway had seven fields each with their own color code and number. In the middle of the room was a medium sized statue of the latest Stadium Champion, who was a Sandslash she didn't know. The rest of the room was covered by a few paintings of battling pokemon, some even using uncommon or rare battle styles.

She walked to the counter where the Hitmonlee looked at her and then asked, "Are you Ms. Samantha Tonnerre?" he asked, typing on a computer hidden under the counter as he gave her a quick glance.

Samantha's eyebrow and ears rose, but then thought that the Sneasel must have reserved or something like that. "Yeah, yeah," she replied, putting her left hand on her hip and leaning on her right foot as her ears went back to leaning.

"Yes...Mr. Keeter Kayle is expecting you in room 7-Blue," he said, pointing at the hallway right to the left of the counter. "You may change in your proper attire in the changing room located near the battle field," he told her, going back to his computer.

Samantha left the counter and went down the hallway, mentally reading the numbers on each door that she passed until she reached the seventh door. Her ears twitched as she hesitated a bit as her hand went to reach the door, but then shook her head, shaking away her nervousness and turned the knob, opening the door.

The familiar sight of a large rectangular room with a somewhat arching wall greeted her as she entered. The field was in the middle of the room, but it was large and had a few obstacles like large rocks or crooked and broken pillars. To her side against a wall were a few benches, and in front of the benches was a long, see-through wall that could stand against even the most blasts of varying intensity.

'Normal field,' she thought lazily, 'glad he didn't plan on using Glacier or Cavern.' She looked around and then saw two more doors on the wall to her left while one more to her right. She recognized the room that led to the female's changing room and walked there.

She faltered, ears falling a bit, smelling Keeter's familiar scent near the male's changing room. That meant that he was already there and was changing. She hurried to the changing room, not really wanting to see him right at that moment.

~

It was only a few minutes later that Samantha went out of the changing room, looking at her body.

She was out of her former outfit that she had worn in school and was in a bit more revealing, but decent, clothes. She wore a yellow tank top that reached just above her belly and a pair of shorts so that she could run easily. Speed was always her advantage in all the fights she had been in.

"Finally!" Samantha jerked her head at the direction at where she saw a few benches in. She jumped back in surprise and let out a shock of lightning right in front of her. Luckily, it missed whoever yelled, who was Summer.

"Summer! Don't do that," she exclaimed, regaining her composure and putting her hands on her hips. "I almost shocked ya."

"But it didn't, now why did you leave me behind!?" Summer asked, poking Samantha on her chest as her tail swished in mock irritation. Samantha rolled her eyes and pushed her away.

"Look, Sums, I'm busy right now to answer that," she replied, pushing away her paw. "Where are the others?" she asked as she passed the Delcatty. She paused when she was bombarded by the scents of her friends. "Never mind."

"So what's this all about?" Lancet asked, walking in front of Samantha and folding his arms.

"I thought Sai and Summer already told you," she said, hand on her hip.

"They did, just wanted to hear it from you, Sammy," Obiki answered her figurative question. He stepped to Lancet's side as Summer walked to Samantha's. "Now what in blazes is going on?"

"This is exactly what's going on, now where's that Keeter guy?" she asked, looking around. She also wanted to ask where Kayle was, but was cut off.

"Right here, Ms. Tonnerre," said a voice that sent chills through spine. It was Keeter, and his voice sounded a lot colder than before.

She looked to her side to see Keeter in a sleeveless dark blue shirt and black shorts with the AReKnA symbol on it and looking at her. He was in the middle of the field in a large circle. Samantha was feeling a little nervous under his cold gaze on her, but her pride and bravery kept her from showing it.

The others didn't look too pleased either. Summer fidgeted at his presence as well as feeling a bit cold. Lancet looked away from him, frowning while Obiki did the opposite and looked straight at Keeter with a fixed glare. Sai, who was with Dawson, stepped behind the Nidorino, who just frowned and tilted his head. Sai didn't like the feeling of being near a dark-type, especially one who's going to fight her best friend.

"Well?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Now look here yo-" Obiki tried to say, but Samantha put a paw in front of his face. She shook his head at him and walked towards Keeter.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," she said, walking towards him and stopping right in front of him. Meanwhile, the others just decided to walk to the benches, some more reluctant than the others, and watch how the fight will go.

"Good," Keeter said, giving her a toothy grin. "Normal rules; first one to give up, too weakened or gets unconscious."

"Gotcha, now...let's get this on!" Samantha exclaimed, starting to feel adrenaline pump through her veins.

"Get Off Of My Back by Bryan Adams ~ Music Start"

"Ready," Keeter said, as he took in a fighting stance.

"Set." Samantha, too, took her own fighting stance.

"Go!" They both said simultaneously.

Well, you think that you can take me on
You must be crazy


Then, in only a fraction of a second, Samantha and Keeter sent a Thunderbolt and Icy Wind respectively and jumped away simultaneously. Both attacks barely missed their targets, but Keeter took a slight jolt due to Samantha's speed.

There ain't a single thing you've done
That's gonna faze me


They both sped through the field, sending bolts of electricity and blasts of cold wind at each other, dodging attacks and evading obstacles, until Keeter suddenly disappeared.

Although if you want to have a go...
I just want to let you know...


Startled, Samantha faltered, which was her mistake for Keeter suddenly appeared behind her and used Fury Swipes at her, knocking her to the ground.

Yeah, get off of my back, and into my game
Get outta my way, 'cause I'm wild and untamed


Used to falling because of her running, she recovered fast and stood up quickly. Not expecting her to recover so quickly, Keeter was surprised.

Get outta my face, or give it your best shot
I think its time you better face the facts, get off of my back!


Using this to her advantage, she decided to use a useful technique at this moment: Pin Missile. Due to its Bug attribute, it gave Keeter quite a beating, but took most of it reacting in time to cross his arms in front of him.

You know it's all just a game
That I'm playing


As soon as she stopped her attack, Keeter rushed towards her and used Agility and his claws glowed brightly. A bit blinded by the light, Samantha winced and stepped back. Keeter then used Metal Claw on her, knocking her to the ground. She rolled away from him and stopped at a large pillar behind her. The attack had scratched her shoulder.

Don't think that you can find a way in
That's what I'm sayin'


Grinning, Keeter approached her. He stopped in front of her, and then decided to finish his job with an Icy Wind attack. However, she suddenly jerked and sent a Thunderbolt his way.

Oh, but if you want to have a go...
I just want to let you know...


Surprised, he jumped back, but he was still struck by the large bolt of thunder, which sent him flying and slamming into a pillar and falling to the ground.

Oh, get off of my back, and into my game
Get outta my face, cause I'm wild and untamed


By this time, Samantha was already standing and panting. All the running and attacking was already taking it's toll on her, whilst Keeter shook his head and glared at her. He stood up and then disappeared again.

Get outta my way or give it your best shot
You know this train is comin' off this track
Get off of my back!


'Not again!' Samantha thought, beginning to run. This was her mistake once again for Keeter suddenly appeared and tripped her. Samantha put her arms in front of her and used her momentum to somersault instead of falling, which took a lot out of her. She landed on her feet and faced Keeter, who was barely breaking a sweat.

Yeah, get off of my back!
Get off, yeah!


Keeter scowled at her and then sent a large sound at her: Screech. Because of her sensitive hearing, Samantha kneeled over and put her paws over her sensitive ears as she groaned.

Get off, get off, get off, get off
Get off (get off), get off (get off), get off (get off)


Taking advantage of that, Keeter gave her a Quick Attack that knocked her over once again, and she was too tired at the moment to get up because she used too much of her energy.

Get off of my back!

"Well, well," Keeter said, walking towards her. "I have to say, that was most exciting. I give you that, Ms. Tonnerre," he told her, looking down at her, "but I'm afraid that wasn't enough. I win this one." He prepared one more Icy Wind, but was suddenly struck by a stream of flames that made him jump back.

"What the!?" he exclaimed, clutching his right arm, which took the blunt of the flames. Angrily, he jerked to his side, prepared to freeze the pokemon that dared interfere his battle. And then he felt his jaw drop.

At the side of the field was a Flareon. He was wearing a short-sleeved gray shirt with the black words "Are you talking to me?" imprinted on it. He was also wearing a pair of khaki pants and running shoes. Add to that was a CD player in his hand, the headphones and its wire wrapped around it. His long tail was on the ground, swishing calmly.

"This battle's over, Keeter," the Flareon said, a frown on his face. The Sneasel, after hearing his voice, regained his senses and gave him a dignified look.

"Hm...I didn't expect you to be here," he said, dusting himself and pretending that the pain on his arm wasn't there.

"Let's just say I had a very reliable source," he replied, grinning at the fact that Keeter was once again in his normal 'I'm so superior' attitude and because he knew that his attack struck him good.

"Oh?" he asked, and then spotted someone moving beside the Flareon. Right beside him was a scowling Kayle, who was still wearing the same clothes that morning.

"Samantha!" another voice exclaimed. Summer and the others going towards them, Summer and Sai leading the way.

Samantha, who was still on the ground, groaned as she tried to lift herself up. She looked up and her jaw almost dropped. "Kanon? What are...you doing here?" she asked, panting. She was slowly regaining some of her energy.

Kanon, the Flareon, gave her a knowing grin. "Getting you out of trouble," he answered her, and then faced Keeter back. "I want you to relinquish the deal, Keeter," he said.

"Oh?" the Sneasel said. "Now, why would I, an Elite member of AReKnA, do that?" he asked mockingly. He folded his arms, his eyes narrowing when he accidentally poked a claw on the burnt skin on his arm.

"Because you owe me," he declared, grinning maliciously. "And I do believe that I know something that you don't want anyone to hear."

The Sneasel's eyes widened in disbelief as his mouth opened. "You wouldn't!" he said, his left arm slicing the wind vertically. "You're bluffing!" he added, as if to himself.

"Oh really?" he said, glancing over at Summer. "Hey, Summer, do you think that you can get a certain information to Quinn?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Right ahead of ya," she replied, her cellular phone already in her hand. Her other hand was poised to dial Quinn's number.

"Would you tell her that-" Kanon was cut off my Keeter's shriek of outrage.

"Don't you dare!" He was scowling and glaring at Kanon, who didn't even show that he was one bit scared of the sharp claw pokemon. Kanon just gave him a look that said 'Try me.' Not finding a way out of it, Keeter grimaced and said, "Fine, I won't finish her off."

"And you'll let her go from that little deal of yours," Kanon added, folding his arms.

"But-"

"Oh, Summer!" Summer's hand was already close to pushing the call button on her phone.

Keeter grumbled. "Fine, she doesn't have to join AReKnA," he said grudgingly. Kanon nodded in satisfaction as he approached Keeter and Samantha. He passed Keeter and kneeled beside Samantha, who was on her knees, still panting.

Keeter, who didn't like the situation one bit, just went to get his backpack and left the room, not even bothering to change.

"You okay, Sammie?" Kanon asked, helping Samantha up to her feet. Summer, Kayle and Sai ran towards their weakened friend.

"Are you alright?" Sai asked, hugging her friend. Sai felt a bit of her pain due to their connection, but then realized that Samantha also felt relieved and took comfort in that.

"I think I'm fine now, Sai," Samantha replied, patting the back of the Kirlia.

"Man, Samantha. That was, like, amazing!" Kayle said, taking her turn to hug the Jolteon, who winced a bit. Kayle didn't notice as her tail wagged happily behind her, which was a strange sight to see because of her Goth look.

"I have to admit, that was pretty cool," Kanon added, unwrapping one of the wires of his headphones and putting it in his right ear. It was a habit of his to put one phone in his ear and listen to people he talked with using the other. He also had a high tolerance to loud sounds because he frequently listens to music, whether it is loud or soft. "I regret not watching you fight more; you have talent," he admitted as his tail started to sway with the music.

Samantha blushed a little and ducked her head as her ears went a bit pink Kanon didn't see it since he was closing his eyes, relaxing with his music. She always had a small crush on Kanon, and it made Kayle's and Summer's lives a lot more fun since they frequently teases the older female Eon.

"Thanks, I guess." Samantha stepped back, wobbling a little, and steadied herself. The blush was gone from her face, but she held a somewhat shy-looking smile. Kayle's and Summer's eyes glittered as their mouths turned to grins knowingly.

"Hey, Sam," Obiki called, stepping towards them. Dawson and Lancet followed him with a relieved and bored look respectively. "So what's the verdict?" he asked, folding his arms as he looked at her curiously.

"I'm fine," she told them, resuming her favorite pose. A left hand on her hip, leaning on her right leg and head tilting a bit to the right. She felt a little sore, but she would manage. She had the trait of recovering quickly, after all.

Dawson looked confused. "But I thought that if you lose..." he trailed off, not wanting to voice it out. He chewed more on his gum that he took during the fight as his ears twitched.

"Kanon helped with that." She grinned at the Flareon, who looked like he wasn't listening at all. He also helped her in a way that she didn't have to feel sleazy about her loophole. She didn't have to use it.

"Hm? What?" Kanon's eyes opened as he looked at Samantha curiously. His eyes looked a bit droopy, as well as his ears, and he was tilting his head slightly. "You say something?" he asked.

Samantha rolled her eyes, but thought, 'How cute!'

"Nothing, K'," she told him, walking to the girl's changing room with a slight limp. That is, a slight limp that Summer and Kayle saw. Sai didn't notice because of the strange feeling she was getting from Samantha.

"C'mon Kayle," Samantha said as she took the hand of the Evolution pokemon. Her tail swished mischievously as she pulled the Eevee with her to the changing room. "Hey, Sammie! We'll help ya," she yelled as they began to run.

"Whatever," Samantha muttered to herself as she opened the door and entered, soon followed by the cat-like and fox-like pokemon, leaving a blinking Sai, who just realized that she was the only girl outside the changing room. She blushed and then went back to hiding behind Dawson.

~

"So," Summer started as Samantha started changing in a individual cubicle. "I see you still have that little 'crush' on Kanon," she accused, sitting on a bench as her tail swayed behind her.

"What are you talking about?" Samantha said, blushing, although the girls could not see it from outside the cubicle.

"Oh, like, yeah right!" Kayle exclaimed, sitting beside Summer, her ear and tail twitching with adrenaline from watching Samantha battle. "You still have a crush on my big bro, don't cha?" she asked, already knowing the right answer, which would be the opposite of what Samantha would say.

"No, I do not!" Samantha persisted, already in her former clothes minus the polo. She pushed the door of the cubicle open with a scowl on her face. "I swear, you two must have nothin' in your brains but mischief when it comes to me and her brother." She pointed at Kayle, the other hand on her hip.

The other two just gave her a cheeky smile. "Aww, come on, don't deny it!" Summer said, jumping up from the bench.

"Yeah, you, like, totally have a big crush on my brother," Kayle stated, albeit loudly as she followed suit and lead the two to the door.

"Not so loudly!" Samantha reprimanded her crushes' sister. "He might hear you," she said, glaring at her.

"Oh, like, don't even bother," Kayle said, rolling her eyes. "If I know my brother, and I do, then he's just listening to his music right now." The moment she said now, she opened the door. They were greeted by the sight of Sai and Dawson, who were eating from a bag of chips that Dawson somehow found, sitting on the bench with Obiki and Lancet, the latter talking about whatever was on their mind, and Kanon, who was leaning on the wall beside the bench and predictably listening to his music whilst closing his eyes, tapping his left foot, and nodding his head to the beat. "See?" Kayle said as the three exited the changing room.

The insight made the three girls giggle, despite Samantha trying not to. This signaled four of their friends to look at them while Kanon was oblivious to it all.

Seeing that Kanon hadn't seen or heard them, Obiki, who was nearest to him, nudges him. Kanon blinked a few times before looking at the girls, giving them a small smile and once again gaining a pink blush from Samantha, although it was a bit unclear.

After a while, she could control her blush from time to time. It doesn't always work though.

"Hey guys," Samantha called, already recovered from her previous skirmish. Fortunately for her, Summer had thought to bring a Potion just in case.

"Can we go now?" Obiki said, standing up as the other three followed suit. "This place gets bring when there's nothin' goin' on."

"Yeah," she answered, her ears perking as she barely heard Kanon's music.

"Besides, I don't think she likes being in the place where she just got beat up," Summer teased as her tail swished mischievously.

"Summer!" The group laughed a little at that moment. Samantha smiled at all of them, a hand on her hip once again.

'It's great to have good friends,' she thought, glancing to one of the windows where the sun and sky were clear. She noticed few birds flying across, and then faced back to her friends, who were walking towards the exit.

"You coming, Sammie?" Kanon's voice called out to her.

"Yeah, I'm coming," she answered as she followed them.

"Good, cause' I'm getting-ah! Summer, give that back!" Dawson was going to say hungrier, but Summer had taken his bag of chips, saying that it was fattening and he should stop eating it.

"It's a bad influence on Sai," she added, treading to a nearby garbage can.

"Ah! Don't! Give it back!"

"Don't give it back? I wasn't planning to," Samantha could hear Summer saying.

'Especially ones that keep everything so amusing,' Samantha added in her head, giggling a little.

End Chapter Two

That's the second chapter, y'all. I hope that you like it, especially since I added the battling part. I'm planning a variety of battle scenes with different kinds of pokemon. An idea that came to me a long time ago was Obiki VS an upcoming Charmeleon, who'll appear in one of the next ten chapters. I still have a lot of plans for this story. I am also working on a deeper plot than just surviving Highschool...but like I said, I'm still working on it.

Oh, and if you want more info on the battle designs:

Information:
Pokemon still have their normal techniques. There are cases where pokemon have unique techniques, but consume a lot of their energy. It is also known that using a technique that the user doesn't normally have can sometimes cause dangerous effects.

Stages:

Normal Field
- What was said above; lots of pillars and obstacles in a large field. All pokemon and types have an equal advantage.

Cavern Field
- This is a bit more specialized. The roof is a bit lower with stalactites of varying sizes. On the floor are also stalagmites acting as obstacles. The floor is a rough and uneven surface and large boulders are scattered around in the field. It is ideal for Rock, Steel, Dark, and Ground types. Flying types, Electric types and pokemon that rely on speed will have a hard time in this field.

Glacier Field
- Like the Cavern, its roof is lower and has stalactites. The floor has a lot of ice, making it very slippery. It also has a lot of boulders that can be moved if one has the necessary strength. There are a few spaces where ice isn't around which most use as a stage. It is ideal for Ice, Rock, and Water types. Flying types and pokemon that rely on speed will have a hard time in this field.

Oh, and I'll update when I see that it needs to be. These three are not the only fields.
That is all...

PS: Like it? Hate it? Review so that I'll know. And then maybe some constructive criticism might help. I'm still new to writing, despite being one for around two-three years...Yes, I'm that slow.
Sign up to rate and review this story