Categories > Original > Horror > Angel Moon

A Promise To Burn, Lucretia

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Lucretia's POV. Paris opens up old wounds.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-14 - Updated: 2012-04-14 - 754 words - Complete

0Unrated
Dialogue from the end of this chapter was inspired by lyrics from Framing Hanley's Stupid Girl, which is left pretty much unedited. So yeah, some of the dialogue in this chapter is quoted, and therefore not of my invention, but it was too good to resist. Kenneth Nixon writes poetry.

I was blissfully asleep, curled up on the floor next to the fireplace, I had a habit of just crashing where ever I fell. There had been shouting upstairs a few hours ago, I guessed Paris had been kicked out. I heard the clattering of metal on the floor of the kitchen, and woke like lightning. Paris had dropped the first aid box onto the slate tiles. I saw him in the half light, a black eye already blooming over his right eye, a cut above his eyebrow.

"Are you okay there?" I asked, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Uh, I think so." he muttered, and I heard him drop something else, cursing under his breath. I rolled my eyes, heading into the kitchen and switching on the light. He blinked, his eyes adjusting.

"Typical." I muttered, opening the box sharply and taking out the antiseptic gel, and a bandage. I'd noticed a cut along the side of his hand, Which I assumed he hadn't noticed himself. He leant against the refrigerator, looking tired. I poked at the cut above his eyebrow to see if the blood had dried.

"Um. Ow." he muttered, frowning.

"Fine, if you don't want help..."

Play: Long Way To Happy ~ P!nk

"Wouldn't be the first time you've let me down." he muttered. I felt a steely chill of resentment from his eyes, and I ignored it just as coldly. He ran his fingertips gently down the inside of my arm, staring down at the floor.

"I liked it better when it was just me and you, you know." Annoyance boiled up inside me.

"Don't you dare, Constantine. You left me, not the other way around." I hissed, letting the first aid box crash onto the granite worktop of the kitchen. He shuddered at the noise, glancing at the stairs.

"Lucretia! Calm down, if he finds out about this then I'm dead. Your boyfriend just happens to be able to beat me senseless, I really don't want to get on his bad side more than I already am." he whispered as quietly as possible, his eyes wide in fear. "And well, it's not that bad, is it? The fact that-"

"That I was one of your early experiments concerning biting humans or..?"

"No!" he yelled, and then returned to hushed tones. "That we were... That I... I don't know." he sighed, not being able to describe it. His womanizing trait left him rather emotionally inept, still.

"Just shut up and keep your head down. If he finds out that you're that guy, I can see nothing but a very sharp stake in your future." I muttered, wrapping a bandage around his hand.

"Oh come on, Tia. We could go, now. Get back in the game, back on the prowl..." he whinedand a flirtatious little smile appeared. "You look so pretty when you're ripping a guy's throat out, you know..."

I glared up at him. "Don't be stupid. Why would I trust you? And Logan's a good man. He's honest, and I love him. I'm not going anywhere."

He looked almost disappointed, he broke eye contact with me and stared straight over my head. His voice sounded a little strange, as if he was trying his hardest to even talk.

"All right Doctor Tia, just fix me up and I'll be on my way."

I glared at him. Paris, you good for nothing bastard, tugging at my heart strings.

"Don't be stupid, with lycanthropes running around. You'll be killed."

He frowned, looking down at the floor. He missed my eyes completely, not even looking at my face for more than a split second.

"I know I'm a bastard, but I'm not a coward."

"Yeah, sure. Ran out on me but no, never a coward." I said coldly.

"You're not the girl that you used to be." he sighed, closing his eyes. "And let's just face it now. I'm never changing."

I raised my eyebrows, in sarcastic agreement.

"You think you've got me right where you want me, don't you?" I muttered, my stare cold.

"You stupid girl." He laughed, staring at me. "You're gonna be the death of me."

And then he kissed me and, well. I didn't exactly say no.
Sign up to rate and review this story