Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Something Good Can Work

Too Close

by wayuphighify 2 reviews

I understand how they want to make me feel better but considering what they are doing right now just makes me feel more alone.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-04-14 - Updated: 2012-04-15 - 2292 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I wake up from a rough night’s sleep. I’m starting to think that leaving my phone background as a picture of us is a poor choice along with still having the hope she’s going to call… even though god knows she isn’t because of her new boyfriend. Either way, I need to keep my phone away from Brendon and Ryan so they won’t destroy it.

I reach for my phone lying on the pillow next to me, the lock screen showing the picture of us at Disney Land.

I should change it.

But I can’t.

But I want to.

But I don’t.

I remember how Haley liked taking pictures of almost everything, always wanting to hold onto little moments together. It was cute, especially when she made a slideshow of pictures of us; my arms around her, giving her a hug from behind with my chin on her shoulder and- stop, stop thinking about it.

And how when I first met her she thought guys were nothing but heartless assholes but by the end of the day we were so close.

I sigh putting my phone back on the bed and getting up, even though I really don’t want to.

I walk through Brendon’s wide hallway, making his way to his room to see if he’s awake. It’s empty, so I head over to Ryan’s room.

And there they are, Brendon and Ryan sleeping with Brendon’s arms around Ryan in a protective manor. They both look comfortable, both of them in a deep sleep. I let out a quiet sigh, shutting the door so they don’t wake up on my behalf. Cute, but honestly those days are over- whatever “days” they so call had. Ryan and Brendon together are kind of like a brother/sister thing, how the older brother comforts his little sister when she’s down because of a douchey guy.

I walk down the stairs, turning on the TV to whatever happens to be on, a news reporter talking about the election.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, turning around to see Brendon’s face lacking any emotion that I would have honestly not have been surprised to see: worried, guilty, etc. But no, he was just being a good friend. Ha-ha. Again, cute.

“Hey.” He says, rubbing his eyes, sitting next to me on the couch.

“Mornin’, what was that just now?” I calmly ask, a small grin lingering on my face.

“He didn’t want me to leave so we ended up falling asleep.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Yep.” He sounds tired himself, his voice more hushed than usual. “Sarah’s coming home today.”

“Party’s over.” For me, the party’s just going to start. I’ll be able to drink. “Ryan can come stay with me… it would be awkward if he was your third wheel, no?”

“Yeah sure.”

“How about you take a nap, you need one.”

“Okay.” And just like that, he shifts comfortably on the couch and rests. I take the hint and go to the kitchen to make some coffee.

The smell of black coffee takes over the room, Ryan coming down the stairs looking both ways before he turns and comes towards the kitchen.

“Hm, he’s tired.” Ryan says, resting his head on his hand in the stool he places himself in leisurely.

“You’re the one to blame for that.” I point out, pouring us both some coffee and sliding a cup over to him. Ryan shrugs, accepting the fact it’s his fault he’s passed out on the couch. “So… do you want to stay over at my place tonight? Brendon’s girl is coming back tonight and I think we can both agree it would be awkward if-“

“Oh yeah sure, sure,” Ryan nods, “I have to leave tomorrow though. The only reason I’m here right now is because Brendon called and…” he sighs, “I missed you guys.” A smile sneaks upon his face, his hand wiping over his mouth after he took a sip of the coffee. “I should go home, just because.”

I narrow my eyes. I don’t necessarily want him to leave. Every time I’m with them I forget about whatever. I’m afraid if he goes, and when Sarah comes back, I’ll be left alone. “Yeah, it’s a silly idea for you to stay when you have your own place.”

“I’m also working on a record.” Ryan nods at his own voice.

“Really? We will be soon also.” I say, thinking about the songs Brendon, Dallon, and I have gotten done.

“Sweet.” Ryan hums.

The rest of the time is filled with mindless chatter and the noise of us chewing our cereal.
--

“I understand Spence, I really do.” Ryan says, rubbing my shoulder as I sob, covering my eyes with my hands. “It’s okay.”

“You don’t. And it is certainly NOT okay!” I snap, pacing across the living room. “Who the fuck plans on getting married when they’ve only been dating for god knows how long- a short time at least. And- and we been together for years!” I flail my arms around for emphasis.
Sarah tries to say something, but then holds back. I turn my head to her, raising my eyebrow.

“Something you have to say, Sarah?” I calmly say, compared to my previous rants.

Sarah sighs and shakes her head, Brendon looking at her confused.

Ryan doesn’t really like Sarah, but he doesn’t show it. I don’t know what’s not to like about her because she is pretty, funny, and nice. Brendon at least has a keeper.

“Well,” another sigh from dear Sarah, “Haley-“

“She didn’t.” Brendon interrupts, shaking his head at me.

“What the fuck.” Ryan’s eyes widen.

“She cheated on me didn’t she?”

“Spencer I am so sor-“

“Ssshhhhut up!” I cry, sitting on one of the stools. “Just tell me how long.”

“You really don’t want to know.” Sarah can’t get her eyes to meet mine, or anybody’s in the room for that matter.

“Tell.”

“Two years. The guy knew as well.”

“You’re kidding.”

“I’m really sorry… it wasn’t my secret to share and I…” I leave the room and head to the balcony.

I hear faint whispers as I look out on the black sky. “Sarah, ” Brendon says, “you need to take care of it this time.”

“I know.” She answers as she approaches me, not saying anything as she looks at the sky.

“I’m glad you told me.” I exclaim, trying not to sound like I’m mad at her, which I really kind of am.

“I should have told you when she told me… she only told me a few months ago.” She whispers.

“Yeah well, there’s nothing we can do about it now. Just move on, right?” I try to sound as convincing as possible.

“I know you’re lying. You don’t move on easily.”

“I am,” I sigh. “Just can’t believed everything then on was a lie, you know? And I spent so long with her and she was just waiting for me to screw up so-“

“Stop talking.” She snaps, trying to get my attention off of the situation. “Let’s go.”
--

“So, I’m not leaving.” Ryan says, standing at my door as I stay in my bed.

“Why?”

“I can’t leave you here like this!” He exclaims, looking concerned.

“I’m fine now! You just had to wake me up, hmm?” I sigh angrily, rubbing at my reddened eyes.

“Yeah, just to make sure.” He welcomes himself further into my room- that ass hole. He sits on my bed. “I been in a similar situation…”

“You were on the other end! You son of a fucking bitch!”

“You know how guilty I-“

“Shut up. You only thought about yourself and you know that.” I scoff.

“Because Keltie never got over that other guy, and that hurt you know? She would always compare her to me. Then there is this girl, who is actually a fucking lesbian now, who is… either way-“

“That’s still no excuse; nobody should do that to something under any circumstance.”

“I’m sorry. I get that now.”

“I’m not the one you should apologize to.” We sit there in silence for a minute.

“Let’s go grocery shopping. You have no food in this house.”

“Don’t really need it.”

Ryan yells at me for, well, everything. And I spit back many other remarks.

Somehow we still are friends. That’s how we work- we set each other straight.

We go to the store picking up almost everything considering my pantry was completely empty.
--

It’s been a rough day.

Needless to say, I basically have been in my bed, grieving living. Although Ryan and Brendon are lying next to each other on the bed too, close to me because this bed was only made for two. I put “Family Guy” on for Brendon’s enjoyment. They stay quiet for the most part; I look over to see Ryan half asleep on Brendon’s chest. Brendon’s eyes are drooping close more and more.

I understand how they want to make me feel better but considering what they are doing right now just makes me feel more alone. I begin to fall asleep more and more.

Sarah knocks on the bedroom door. It’s okay for her to come and go as she pleases, considering we are friends too.

“Aww.” She whispers.

Well that’s good that she doesn’t take it the wrong way. What a champ.

“They’re so cute.” A light giggle escapes from her lips as I nod tiredly. “You okay Spencer?”
How come they always do this? Right when they have to, they fall asleep in each other’s arms.

“Good thanks,” I sigh quietly. “How was yoga?”

“Great. When you guys wake up, I bought some Chinese food.”

“You’re the best.”

“I’m aware.” She hums, turning around going downstairs.
--

A few days have passed since the incident, Ryan is back at home but we all came to hang out and eat some food. Good times.

Brendon, Ryan, Sarah and I all sit around the table at El Cholo, Brendon claiming he is in for Mexican and Sarah invited us to join in.

“The music here is horrible.” Ryan laughs at the mariachi band, standing in front of a random table playing “La Cucaracha”.

“You know in Spanish, “la cucaracha” means the cockroach?” Brendon says, messing with the margaritas straw in front of him.

I look at my beer, less desirable than previous times. I began to hate the taste I think- having drank so much of it. Ryan claims I’m starting to go crazy because who can get sick of beer?
Apparently me.

“Exactly my point- and all the lyrics are is ‘La cucaracha, la cucaracha badahdahdahdahdahdah.’”

Ryan says, taking a bite of his taco, we begin to laugh at his interpretation.

I’m really tired though, even though I have been sleeping a ton lately and Ryan carefully watching over me. I don’t mind it that much because he is good company, but he does have to leave tomorrow.

“So what should we do after this?” Sarah asks enthusiastically.

“I think I’m going to head home, I’m a bit tired and the food isn’t doing too well in my stomach right now.” I say. Eating is getting easier but the sudden change in what I’m eating is different. The basics for Ryan and me are basically ramen noodles or something easy to cook within ten minutes.

“I’ll take you back.” Ryan chimes in, looking full.

Mindless chitchat and laughs end the night on a happy note, we all paid for ourselves except Brendon paid for Sarah even though she hates when he does that- he always does that.
Poor Sarah gets so ridiculed by the fans just because she is dating a man that insists on catering to her every need. Haley never had that because fans knew it was only her and me, which is bullshit.

Ryan and I walk out of the restaurant, chatting about various instruments from the Bahamas. Ryan goes to get the car as I stand waiting.

A woman around my age is crying on a bench into her hands, her long blonde hair pushed in front of her face. Her quiet sobs distract me and I decide to approach her.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, standing in front of her.

“Don’t worry about it, stranger.” She continues crying as I sit next to her on the bench, she turns her head to look at me, an upset look that makes me want to hug her.

“Well, just trying to be friendly.” I look in her eyes, a small grin come onto her face.
Ryan’s car comes around the corner; I stand up and turn to her who is still sitting on the bench. “Well goodbye, stranger.”

“Goodbye.” An honest smile is on her face, with tears beginning to fade.

I get in Ryan’s car and wave as we leave.

--

[A/N] YAY another chapter \o/! Sorry it took so long. Your reviews are inspiring though, just saying... you should give me one...

And for the people who think this will end up a fic having to be so called "following" the plot of real life events in Panic all together- things may or may not work out the realistic way.

[**]
Sign up to rate and review this story