Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Something Good Can Work

Unnecessary Actions

by wayuphighify 3 reviews

My eyes pop open. What the hell just happened?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-04-16 - Updated: 2012-04-17 - 1846 words - Complete

2Original
I have been better, a lot better.

Either way I’m still alone. I got a long ass talk from Ryan on how drinking only makes you feel worse and other true bull shit and I realized I’m done. Yes, vodka is great for when I’m feeling alone, but there is no need for it when I have Ryan, as he claims.

He’s still gone, but always talking to me either text or call and comes over almost every day for a little bit.

I sit across from Brendon, him looking anxious as to what he claims he has to tell me; I’m anxious too because it’s usually bad news when he has to sit me down.

“So,” Brendon takes a deep breath, wasting time.

“Hmm?”

Brendon reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small black box. I gasp, “Oh I do, I do!” clapping my hands together excitedly. He opens it to show me a big ring, many diamonds on it.

“Shut up, it’s for Sarah. Just,” he hesitates, “I want to know what you think about it.”

“I think it’s great, I really do.” I look down on the table. “But-“

“But what?”

“When are you going to tell Ryan? When are you going to ask Sarah?” I lean forward in my seat.

Brendon freezes and looks downwards. “I um…”

“I mean, he’s your best friend. He’s gotta know too.” He looks deep in thought, as I explain.

“Some day soon.” With that he quickly signs some album papers, and heads out.

I follow him, but stand around the corner to hear him on the phone. I stay quiet and hushed as I hear him dialing.

“Hey Ryan,” his voice sounds upset and unsteady, “can you come over in about twenty minutes?”I hear Ryan’s voice but I can’t make out the words. “It’s just… I…” Ryan speaks again, interrupting him. “Yeah sure. Just come soon okay?”

I stay in my spot until I hear Brendon leave the empty hallway.

--

I go walk through the grocery store picking at random things, not wanting to return home quite yet.

I look over my list I made on my phone. Bread, cereal, “Hey there,” Corn, green beans, lettuce.

I turn around to see the same blonde I saw a few nights ago, this time her hair is curled showing off her brown eyes.

“Hey, I remember you.” I smile, chewing on my gum more quiet than I was before. That must’ve been a bit rude.

“I, uh, I’m Amelia.” She gives a kind grin as she picks at random vegetables around us, checking if they are rotten or not.

“Well Amelia, I’m Spencer; nice to meet you.” She nods.

“You too, Spencer, why are you getting those green beans?”

“What do you mean? This is America; I can buy whatever vegetables I want, right?” She laughs and shakes her head.

“Well, those look disgusting.” She takes the grab out of my hand. “Just look at them, they are all small and wrinkly. You could do so much better.”

“Sorry, what ones should I buy then?” My hand ruffles the back of my hair, stressed out by her confrontation.

“Have these,” she takes a bag of string beans out of her cart and puts it into mine. “These won’t kill you.”

“I doubt the other ones would kill me.” I hum as she gives me a light smile, “So why were you upset the other night?” I ask out of the blue, but I am curious.

“Oh gosh, I’ve had it with relationships.”

“Tell me about it. I know what you mean.”

“Just got dumped over a text as I was waiting for him to show up, not a big deal.”

“That’s harsh.”

“Yeah, it’s fine though. He was a dumb shit anyway.” She shakes her head with that smile still on her face. By her looks and body movement it looks like he really is done with relationships, not that I necessarily “like-like” her, but find her a friendly girl. “So, how about we go get some ice cream down the street?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

We both check out and put are things in our cars, me luckily having no frozens… unless green beans spoil… huh.

Our mindless talking about current events go on, and I figure out Amelia is a writer in the daily newspaper and that she designs the layout.

We talk about me being in a band and how crazy it is to see so many people in front of you when you’re on stage, but barely being phased by it within time. It’s nice that she listens, a good friend with no interest like “that” whatsoever.

By the time we leave, we exchange numbers and plan to hang out again, maybe watch the Muppets because we both love them.

--

I walk into Brendon’s house without invite, figuring I have any right to because he trusts me enough with a pair of house keys. Sarah wouldn’t be home because she is working at some makeup company store during the day. I still do not know when Brendon is going to propose. It’s crazy; I would assume Brendon would never really settle down with anyone except for… not sure.

“So you call me over but don’t tell me why you’re so upset?” I hear Ryan’s voice boom as I come up the stairs into the living room. “Bren,”

Ryan makes notice of my appearance, Brendon not because he is practically curled onto Ryan shaking and… crying? What? “Shh,” Ryan says, rubbing his back as he looks at me, making sure I stay quiet too.

“I just don’t know what to do. This whole thing is confusing the shit out of me and I don’t know!”

“What are you talking about?” He says lightly pulling away from him. Brendon covers his eyes with his hands, curling up more.

“Nothing, it’s nothing.” Ryan rolls his eyes and Brendon looks over his shoulder to see me. “Hey Spencer, can I talk to you?” Ryan backs off and heads to the other room as I sit by the side of the couch. “I can’t propose to her.”

“Well why were you going to in the first place, dummy?”

“Rash decision, I think…”

“Why all of the sudden? You two were fine, but from what I noticed not in a way that’s like ‘Hey let’s get married and have three children’.” I exclaim.

I look him in the eye, he looks conflicted and worried. I manage to read his mind.

“Oh you are kidding me, right? Please tell me you’re not falling for him. Are you serious? What the-“

“Ugh!” Brendon eyes begin to water once again. “Yeah, yeah I am. But it’s a dumb thing but I want it so bad- I want to have him. But I can’t because that’s just not how my life is supposed to work, right? I love Sarah, I do…” He sighs. “I hope I do.”

I freeze, so many thoughts running through my head. I thought it was a brother and sister thing, I thought everything was just a joke or something but not to Brendon, and I hope not to Ryan considering what he is in for. “You sure as hell are not going to marry Sarah if you are so unsure. Give me the ring.”

He pulls it out of his pocket and giving it to me. “I won’t lose it, don’t worry.” I assure him, “Just relax man and shake it off. I’m sure it’ll all blow over.” He nods as Ryan steps in, Ryan’s face blank.

“What did you hear?” My jaw slightly drops. Ryan didn’t actually leave like he was supposed to.

“Everything.”

--

Ryan freezes, Brendon freezes, and I stand there extremely awkwardly.

“You… were going to get m-married?” Ryan chokes in horror. “I m-mean, you were going to leave me here in the dirt? You actually were considering it after all we been though?”

All of what, though? I’m so out of it. I decide to stay quiet.

“I…” Brendon tries to come up with something to say, but it’s not working out well.

“I was holding you back.” Ryan stares at Brendon, looking somewhat heartbroken. “You and Sarah will live a really happy life.”

“Ryan, I don’t want to live life with her, this idea was irrational.” He says, not trying to sound harsh or bitter to Sarah, he does like her.

“Do you like me, Brendon?”

“Of course.” He says matter-of-factly.

“No. Brendon, do you like me.” Ryan corrects.

Brendon hesitates, thinks, and then slowly nods in defeat. “Yes.”

Ryan goes to sit next to Brendon on the couch, putting his hands on his knees and looks at him.

“Good, because I sure as hell like you.” Ryan smiles and kisses him on the cheek.

My eyes pop open. What the hell just happened?

--
Wait. So Brendon’s gay for Ryan, Ryan’s gay for Brendon, Brendon’s straight for Sarah and Ryan was, from what he said, always straight.

I left Brendon’s house, not wanting to deal with them. My mind spins from all the thoughts as I text Amelia like nothing is going on. It’s not like it’s my business, but Brendon, if he was dating Ryan, would be cheating on Sarah. I try to understand why Ryan and Brendon are so drawn to each other, but it’s something that is hard to pick out.

I lie on my bed, trying to process it all. Isn’t it my fault I got them together in the first place? Brendon would have just proposed to Sarah, hell, Ryan wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for me be a total mess. I decide to scroll through my email because it has been ignored for a while now. A message from Haley just came through ten minutes ago.

“I really want to apolo-“

I delete the email right on the spot, also deleting it from my “deleted” file, not wanting to hear from any of her bullshit that she is probably lying about. So what happened to her now that is going to make her run to me? Did that guy give up on her, or does she miss me?

I realize I somewhat shouldn’t have deleted it. It would be nice to see if she is suffering the way I did, but considering all that has happened today I don’t feel like dealing with anything more.


--

A/N Well gosh, a lot happens in this shorter chapter, agree? I do. Holy crap I was dying when I was writing this! But there is still so much to come! Ah, man!

GIVE ME YOUR REVIEWS GUYS! That's the only way I'll keep updating!
Sign up to rate and review this story