Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Something Good Can Work

Keep Track Of Your Phone

by wayuphighify 1 review

I don’t expect him to want to say much, I don’t know the specific reason as to why he’s upset, but he has every right to be upset with himself.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-04-22 - Updated: 2012-04-22 - 2701 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stay wandering around my house aimlessly as I try to find something to do from being trapped inside because of the horrible thunderstorm coming through. December is a shitty month until Christmas. Sure I would’ve headed over to Brendon’s by now but I don’t want to. He knows that his feelings are wrong because he is with Sarah.

She could walk in to see Ryan and Brendon around each other and have absolutely no idea what is happening behind her back.

I personally don’t know what is going on because I haven’t seen or heard from them in twenty-four hours, having been sleeping, eating, being on the phone talking to my sisters because they want to have a BBQ at our parents house.

I stir my macaroni slowly as the door bell rings. I turn the temperature down, hearing it ring once again.

“Son of a bitch, calm down.” I say as I open the door to Brendon who doesn’t welcome himself in like he usually does, but stands there motionlessly.

“Hey,” he hums with no emotion.

“Why are you standing in the rain?” Brendon shrugs, not taking any steps further. “Come on, I’m making mac and cheese.” With that he walks slowly, his head down as he walks to sit on a stool as I continue cooking. I don’t expect him to want to say much, I don’t know the specific reason as to why he’s upset, but he has every right to be upset with himself.

“So are you excited for the tour? Starts in-“

“Shut up Spencer.” Brendon puts his head on the counter; I just stand there quietly putting the macaroni into bowls. “I’m so stupid.” He growls, lightly punching his hand down on the granite.

“I kind of agree with you,” I roll my eyes, “What happened while I was away?”

“We kind of just sat and talked for a bit and then Sarah came back and he headed home.”

“Just sat and talked for a bit?” Brendon doesn’t respond to my “question”. “YOU DIDN’T.” My voice booms through the house.

“I-“

“Brendon, you have a girlfriend.”

“S-“

“Sarah. The girl you were crazy about? The girl you are still crazy about? Of course you’d do this, hmm?” I say the words through my teeth, clearly sounding unpleased.

“I DIDN’T FUCKING SLEEP WITH RYAN.” He yells back, face turning red. “Shit, man! I wouldn’t do that. We didn’t do anything.”

“Oh…” I sigh, feeling slightly awkward. “Did you want to do anything?”

Brendon silences again, eyes not meeting mine but instead looking down at the bowl I put in front of him. He did. I sigh, “It’s a rhetorical question.”

Brendon’s phone goes off on the counter, it’s Sarah. He puts it on speaker.

“Hey, Sarah.”

“Hey, I just left work. I’ll be home soon.”

“Sweet, I’m at Spencer’s right now.” He says, I scowl at him; he shouldn’t be acting okay right now to her. No he didn’t do anything with Ryan supposedly, but there is something going on that she has rights to know about.

What if I told her? She had the heart to tell me that Haley cheated on me, but not until a while after. So what if I wait until Brendon and Sarah breakup? Will I even talk to her ever again? All the thoughts race through my mind quickly as I chime in with, “You’re more than welcome to come here and eat my mac and cheese.”

“Sure thing, thanks. See you soon! Love you, Bren!” I cringe at her words, she does love him. He loves her too, but then there is Ryan; a larger force than her- the only person that can get in his head easier.

“Love you too, bye.” He says easily.

“What the hell are you going to do? You love two people but you can only have one.”

“I don’t know.”

“Well you should soon, Sarah may be expecting a ring soon because you been together so long, and Ryan… well he’s impatient. He wants to know whether he should stay in your life or not.” I explain, trying to make him realize he needs to make a choice.

I’d prefer Sarah, she is perfect and then Ryan is my best friend, and it will drive fans insane if they figure out about them two.

“I really don’t know. I know I’ve fucked up Spencer, okay? You don’t need to interrogate me because I already know how much I will be hurting people. Save the talk.”

“Do you actually love him? Like love him in a way that you would want to spend the rest of your life with him, want to sit across from him during every meal, sleep together, and grow old?”
That silences Brendon, his eyes searching for nothing in particular.

“Yes.” He whimpers.

--
Brendon left once again, not coming to visit me today because he is spending it with Sarah. All of the drama has kept me from remembering Haley even though I see she has left a message in my email, me not deciding to even bother.

She makes me feel bad for ignoring her, but considering she is definitely not alone at the moment she should be fine. I, however, do feel alone so I call Amelia.

“Hey, Spencer!” She says in her cheery voice.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

“Good, just finished cleaning the house with my friend.”

“Oh.”

“So why did you call? Not to be rude, god I sound rude. I’m sorry, I’m curious.”

“Just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out over at my place today.”

“Oh that sounds fun. What would we do?”

“As appealing as it sounds, we can watch Pixar movies. I know I’m lame…”

“Ughhh.” She groans.

“You don’t like Pixar?”

“No I like it, just trying to move stuff around. Sure, what time?”

“Come anytime, I have no plans.”

“Save me from moving furniture? Be there soon!” I smile at my phone, excited to hang out with someone other than Brendon or Ryan.

I almost put my phone down until it starts ringing again, it’s Ryan.

“Hey.” I say.

“Hey man, you’d never guess what just happened to me.”

“I don’t think I’d be able to. What happened?”

“I was walking in Publix and I saw Haley there. And you know what she fucking did? She came up to me and tried talking to me. I didn’t respond or even turn to her, but she said some crazy shit.” He says quietly, like he is on the move.

“What did she say?”

“She really wants to talk to you for some reason, something about how she really wants to be friends with you, at the very least. Man, that girl, what a fucking joke. Her fiancé was there, he didn’t look like he had any money to support the bitch. What a fucking gold digger!”

“Wow.” I say, freezing in the middle of my living room, processing the situation.

“Her engagement ring was barely half a karat, just saying. I took a peak when she was grabbing at the peanut butter.” Ryan says sharply, sounding quite enraged. “She’s pathetic.”

“Damn, little worked up are we?”

“How are you not? What a bitch.”

“I know.”

“So want to come on over and bring Brendon? All of us could watch the football game.” Ryan says enthusiastically- we usually don’t watch the football games but instead just talk and play beer pong.

“Sorry, I have plans today. And what’s with you and Brendon?” I hear him sigh into the phone.

“I want him, okay? I want him all to myself. I know it’s selfish but I’m a selfish person. He was mine first and I love him. I don’t have trouble admitting it. I know both Brendon and Sarah love each other, but I’m something to Brendon and I might as well enjoy them before they get married, have kids, and settle down. I want to enjoy the time I have left with him because he probably will marry her someday.” I shiver at Ryan’s words that I don’t respond to. “I need him, Spence.”

“How fucking adorable.” I say, in a girly tone. “Really, yeah good for you guys for being love birds- I can say that. But it’s not right with Sarah still in the picture.”

“I know.”

“How come you have a sudden liking to him? I mean yes you guys were two peas in a pod and very close, but why now?”

“I don’t know.”

“You didn’t know you liked him till you saw him with Sarah? How cliché- I thought you were deeper than that.”

“Apparently not.” He admits, sounding like he is questioning himself. I hear the doorbell go off, it must be Amelia.

“Okay well I have to go. But call Brendon and sort this shit out. I don’t want Sarah to be strung along and I’m sure Brendon doesn’t either.” I open my front doors to see Amelia dressed in a charity walk t-shirt and sweat pants. I smile to her gesturing her inside.

“Okay bye.”

“Bye.”

--
Amelia and I laugh along to Finding Nemo, the third and final movie we are on tonight.
We get along well, tease each other like brother and sister and have a good time. My doorbell rings though, I sigh heavily not wanting to get up from my chair. Why the sudden politenesses in making me actually come to the door?

“Be right back. No need to pause it, this part’s sad.”

I open the door to see Ryan and Brendon. Ryan has his arm around Brendon’s waist.

“We need to all talk about this.” Ryan says.

Amelia has left, seeing that we are in the middle of a bit of a problem. I will talk to her soon though, but my mind is in a haze as to what is happening with Brendon and Ryan.

“What are you guys going to do?”

“If we knew we wouldn’t be here right now.” Brendon says, shrugging as he sits sprawled on the couch with Ryan by his side.

“Are you going to be with Sarah?” I ask.

“No, I need to be with Ryan.”

“YEEESS!” This is apparently new news to Ryan, who smiles widely and throws a fist up in the air.

“But Brendon, you love her.”

“I appreciate her; she helped me a lot through a lot of stuff. But I can’t love her like-“
“Oh my god, just stop talking.” I say, the cheesiness off his words being overwhelming. “So how are you going to break up with her?”

“Huh,” Ryan says, “I have an idea.”

“Do tell.” I hum impatiently.

“Well you just tell her you want to break up.” Ryan grins looking at Brendon.

“Oh… you genius.” Brendon says sarcastically. After a few moments of hesitation, “I guess, yeah.” Brendon nods.

“When will you break up with her?”

“Tomorrow I guess.” Ryan smiles but avoids eye contact, I stare at Brendon.

He still loves her but is going to throw it all away.

--
Today is the day but Brendon still hasn’t broken up with her. I know he still loves her, and loving Ryan seems so unrealistic. I try to comprehend it all before I even fall asleep, but it does not seem to work. Brendon says it’s a better idea to get in some sort of fight with her to make it easier, even though it probably will not.

I check my phone that lies on the other side of the bed, checking my phone to see any messages.
A frantic knocking comes from my door, I question if they know I have a doorbell.

Sarah stands there, looking upset... shit.

“Since when was Brendon fucking gay?” She asks, standing in the doorway looking down at her shoes.

“Wait… he cheated on you? Like… er… you caught him?”

“His phone was going off so I checked it… he was texting Ryan about the situation and-“

“Sarah I’m so sorry.”

“Me too; I came here because I figured you knew how I felt. Also to say goodbye, I’m going back to my apartment.”

“Ah, Sarah.” I frown. I’ll miss her company and motherliness. “At least you caught it quickly… I didn’t.” I say, leaning against the door frame.

“Yeah. Well anyway, I’m going to head out. Bye Spencer.” She gives me a small hug and heads out and I close the door behind me. I wait until I see the car leave and head out and walk over to Brendon’s house down the street. I open the door and walk right in, seeing Brendon rolled up on the couch and Ryan standing off to the side.

“He doesn’t want to talk to me.” Ryan says, his head low, Brendon sobs quietly. “C-can you talk to him?”

I sigh and walk over, sitting myself onto the couch next to him. “Hey, man.”

“Hey.”

“Come on, stop crying. You have a man over there who loves you more than Sarah ever would, right? I know you love her, but you wouldn’t be happy without Ryan, right?” My words shock myself, though I know they are true.

He nods. “I’m going to miss her. I got so used to her being around and-“

“I know, but she’ll move on, and I know you can.”

“I’m right here,” Ryan says, sitting on the side of the couch, Brendon’s head falls to rest on Ryan’s thigh, Ryan carding though his hair. I slide over, inviting Ryan to actually sit on the couch. He gets up to sit between us, Brendon just quietly lying on Ryan.

--
I leave the broken man and his boyfriend to themselves for the rest of the day, Amelia coming over to finish those movies that we have to watch, having found more.

The last one finishes as we sit under a blanket.

“So Spencer,” Amelia says, picking at her nails. “Why were you so upset all that time?”

“What what?” I look at her confused. “How do you know I was upset?”

“Ryan told me. He talked to me before I came inside. He was heading to his car with the other guy. Talking about how it’s nice for you to spend time with someone other than them.”

“Wow. What a jerk.”

“He meant it nicely though.”

“I’m sure.” I say sarcastically, grinding my teeth.

“So… wanna tell me?”

“You sure are nosey.” I say as she rolls her brown eyes, “I got cheated on for two years.”

“Woah… I’m sorry.”

“Now she’s getting married to the man.” Amelia is quiet. “So I’m pretty much had enough with you people.”

“Us people?”

“Everyone,” I say, “people suck.”

Amelia smiles, “I agree.”

My phone goes off on the coffee table; Amelia grabs it before I could.

“Is that the girl?” She points to the screen.

“Yep.” I roll my eyes, Haley seems to not get that I don’t want to talk to her anymore. The phone continues to ring.

“I have an idea.” She wears an evil smile.

“Please don’t-“

“Jose here.” Amelia says with Mexican accent. “Oh, there is no Spencer here. I can give the phone to Adrian if you want?” Her voice is high and squeaky like an old woman. “Adrian!?
Adriaaaaaann??” I begin to crack up silently, grabbing a pillow to laugh into.

“Hello? Are you there?” She asks, “Hellooooooo?”

She hangs up the phone as I applaud her. “She shouldn’t be bothering you again.”

---

A/N WOAH. Long chapter... a lot happened though, no? Dear god, I want to hit myself repeatedly with the way this chapter turned out -sigh-. Hope you like it. Leave a review?
Sign up to rate and review this story