Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

Thank You For The Fangirl

by MichiamoNicola 6 reviews

Dean has a fangirl moment and Cara is ready to chew some people's balls off...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-18 - Updated: 2012-04-18 - 4106 words

4Ambiance


Some feelings are revealed in this chapter but it's also just a little bit of a filler. Don't forget to review, rate and follow giveemhellkidficwad.tumblr.com for exclusive updates on the story!

An old Corolla came into the parking lot ten minutes later and beeped it's horn at me. I ran to the door and hopped into the passenger seat, shivering from the wet.

Dean took one look at my drenched clothes and unzipped his hoodie, wrapping it around my shoulders. I muttered a thanks as I turned the heat up in the car.

"So whereabouts am I supposed to be going?" he asked me. Inoticed some familiar signs and directed him, hoping I was right. I was relieved when we passed Frank's house, seeing the familiar silver sedan out the front. The front door of the house opened and I saw Gerard step outside, shielding his bright red hair from the rain.

"Holy shit, is that Gerard Way?" Dean exclaimed, almost running us into the curb. I squealed and took a hold of the steering wheel, putting the car in park while Dean gaped out the window. I prayed to God that Gerard and Frank, who had joined him outside, didn't see the near crash. Iwasn't fortunate enough.

I could see a flash of Gerard's red hair out the back windscreen and sunk down in my seat as he appeared at Dean's window, joined by Frank.

"Are you okay?" he asked sincerely, as Dean became a little starstruck, just kind of gaping at him. Gerard turned to Dean's passenger seat, which I was attempting to blend into. Unfortunately lilac coloured hair doesn't blend well, unless you're sitting in a flower patch. Frank was the first to speak, though.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Cara. Your father told me you got a detention in your first class, nice job. You're almost as rebellious as he is," Frank joked as Gerard shoved him aside.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" Gerard asked me. I sighed, really wishing that I'd been able to keep it a secret for longer than a day.

"Gerard, this is my friend Dean. Dean this is my father, Gerard. Can we go now please?" I begged.

"Are you going straight home?" Gerard questioned me.

"Yes, I'm going straight home, not stopping off for ice cream, drinks, cigarettes or sex," I replied snarkily, wishing that I could sink into a hole and never be seen again.

"Good, Lindsey was worrying about you getting home safe. I'll see you soon. Thank you for giving Cara a ride, Dean," Gerard smiled at him.

"Catch you later Cara!" Frank called through the window as they left the car.

Dean looked wordlessly over at me as my face started to turn pink.

"Can you just drive and ask questions later?" I said in asmall voice, wishing that this car trip would be over.

"So is that why you avoided questions about your dad?Because he's Gerard fucking Way?" Dean's voice raised a pitch higher.

"I didn't want it to get out at school because I knew that people would treat me differently like you are now and it's hard enough to start a new school without your father being a fucking celebrity," I spat out, getting frustrated.

Dean sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry for acting slightly like an obsessed fangirl and I promise to try and keep my cool around him in future."

"And you promise to not tell anyone else that he's my dad?"I warned him, holding a finger up threateningly. He nodded in agreement and Isunk back in my seat.

"Okay, you can take me home now," I said, giving him the rest of the directions, Dean pulling his car up behind Gerard's sedan.

I could see Gerard's smirk as I got out of the car and Inarrowed my eyes at him.

"Thanks for that, I was kinda trying to keep it a secret, but y'know..." I said with a hint of sarcasm. He put his arm around my shoulder to comfort me, the smile still on his face, but I shrugged it off, going into the house before him.

Lindsey was sitting in the living room, working in her artwork. She gave me a smile as I came in.

"How was your first day, sweetie? Apart from the detention."

I scowled as I answered her. "It would have been super if someone here hadn't have blown my cover. Now I'll have fangirls and groupies all over me," I said, stomping my way to my room.

I pulled my cell phone out and sent a text to Kate.

Gee blew my cover with Dean today, Dean almost wet himself. Planning sabotage should he tell anyone.

I flopped down on my bed, realising I was still wearing my drenched clothes and Dean's hoodie.

I picked my pyjamas up off the floor and headed to the bathroom. I stripped off my wet clothes and put Dean's hoodie on the counter so I would remember to give it to him. I cranked the heat up on the shower and stayed under the scalding spray until my skin was red.

I dried myself off once I got out of the shower and put my pyjamas on, putting Dean's hoodie in the dryer as I walked past the laundry on the way back to my room.

I sat at the desk and opened up the new Macbook, opening up Google Chrome and logging in to Facebook.

I swiftly went through my friends list and deleted all the private school bitches that were on there from my last school, cleaning the slate for my new friends. I already had a red three hovering over the friend request tab so I clicked on it, seeing Kate, Dean and Laura's names pop up underneath. I smiled as I accepted them all. I only had one other friend and that was Alex.

I had neglected my Facebook for so long that I cringed at my profile picture. It was from back when I had black hair with neon pink patches in it, which was early sometime last year.

I opened up Photobooth and took a few pictures, setting the best one as my profile picture. I then clicked on Alex's profile and saw his picture was still the one of us from when I was back in my pink/black scene hair phase. I didn't think he'd been on for a while, but then I saw he had posted a status earlier on today.

A little chat bubble popped up from Dean.

Dean Ryder: Hey, how did it go back at home?
Cara Hanson: Ugh, my dad is so embarrassing, he thought it was funny -_-
Dean Ryder: Hahaha, I was actually so shocked when he started talking to you like that
Cara Hanson: He annoys me so much, I now know why I never lived with him before
Dean Ryder: But you have to admit, it's pretty cool that Gerard Way is your dad.

I had never really thought about it before, but I guess that it was pretty cool that a real live celebrity was actually my dad and I shared his blood.

A new message came up from Dean while I pondered this.

Dean Ryder: Do you think you'd ever change your last name to Way?
Cara Hanson: Mmm, probably not. I love my mom way too much. If I ever did I'd hyphenate it
Dean Ryder: Cara Hanson-Way, it has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

"Cara, dinner's ready!" I heard Lindsey call out from the kitchen.

Cara Hanson: I have to go now, Lindsey is calling me for dinner -_- Talk to you later?

I closed the lid of my computer and wandered out to the dining room where Lindsey was putting plates of gnocchi on the table.

"That smells so good, thank you," I said to her, taking aseat.

"You're welcome," she beamed, taking a seat next to me.

Gerard ambled in and sat at the seat opposite Lindsey, digging in to his gnocchi like there was no tomorrow.

We were quiet for a minute until I piped up.

"So all my friends are going to your show here next month and I was wondering if I could go?" I asked Gerard.

"Yeah okay, do they wanna come backstage?" he asked me nonchalantly.

"Um, I'll get back to you on that one," I said, finishing off my gnocchi.

"Okay, just let me know who wants to and who doesn't," he said as he too finished his plate, taking my dish from in front of me.

"And thank you for packing me lunch today, the cafeteria food looked so gross," I said to Lindsey, who chuckled.

"It's not a problem Cara," she said, smiling at me again.

I excused myself and went back to my bedroom, opening my laptop again as well as my Italian book, multi-tasking between homework and Facebook.

I alternated between updating my profile information and translating sentences like 'We are going to the beach' to 'Andiamo alla spiaggia'.

A new message came up from Kate.

Kate Dwyer: Hey Cara, whatcha up to? n_n

I replied to her message quickly.

Cara Hanson: Just some Italian homework, what about you?
Kate Dwyer: Absolutely nothing, being bored out of my mind and youtubing random cat videos :P
Cara Hanson: Good job :P Hey, so my dad wanted to know if we wanted backstage at his show? Just a suggestion, you don't have to if you don't want to.
Kate Dwyer: HELLS YES WE WANT BACKSTAGE!! OH MY GOD CARA YOU ARE THE BEST!!

I laughed at Kate's enthusiasm and replied.

Cara Hanson: Okay, just tell me how many want to come back so I can tell him :3

I quickly finished the last of my sentences and turned back to my Macbook, seeing that Kate had replied.

Kate Dwyer: Well you, me, Dean and Laura (of course), Sam will want to as will Renae and Bryce, so I guess seven of us?
Cara Hanson: Cool, I'll go tell my dad :D

I walked out to the living room where Lindsey and Gerard were watching TV. They both looked up when they saw me standing there.

"Gerard, my friends said that they'd like to come backstage, so there'll be seven of us," I said as he smiled at me.

"Okay, I'll let the manager know that you'll be coming backstage, before or after?" he asked me.

"Umm, after would probably be better, we'll probably be in line all day to get barrier," I said.

"That's nonsense, you can stand in the pit with security,"Gerard said, turning back to the TV, meaning that the conversation had finished.

I raced back to my room to IM Kate.

Cara Hanson: So Gee just said that we can go backstage after the show AND WE GET PIT ACCESS!!
Kate Dwyer: FUCK YEAH!!! Holy fuck this is going to be so awesome! Wait, this will mean that you'll have to tell them all that he's your dad
Cara Hanson: I'm thinking I'll tell them after the concert when we go backstage, I'm trying to keep it secret for as long as possible.
Kate Dwyer: Hopefully it'll work, Dean has a notoriously big mouth when it comes to secrets :/

I groaned, hoping that Dean would keep his mouth shut until the concert.

The rest of the night was spent finishing off the schoolwork I needed to catch up on and IMing Kate about random things.

I woke the next morning more excited to go to school than Iwas the previous day, but still not extremely excited.

I wore a pair of black skinny jeans, a Black Flag t-shirt and my black boots with silver buckles up the sides. I decided to straighten my hair today and tied a folded red bandana around the top, completing the outfit with black metal piercings and thick black eyeliner.

I went out to the kitchen, pouring myself a bowl of cereal. Lindsey was sitting in the living room with a cup of tea and the newspaper, but Gerard was nowhere to be seen.

"Morning Cara. Your lunch is sitting on the counter. You look gorgeous today," Lindsey complemented me.

"Thank you and thank you. Where's Gee?" I ponder.

"Still in bed, he should be up soon though. I can take you into school today if you'd like," Lindsey offered.

"That would be great, thanks," I said, sitting down at the breakfast bar with my cereal. It would be easier for me to keep my secret if Lindsey took me to school as she was probably a little less recognisable to my friends than Gerard was.

I finished my cereal and downed a quick cup of coffee, heading back to my bathroom to clean my teeth before stopping off at my room to put my books and lunch into my bag.

Lindsey was waiting with her keys when I went back out and she drove me to school. Kate was waiting at the front gate for me when Lindsey pulled up.

"Is she one of your friends?" Lindsey asked me as she saw Kate watching.

"Yep, that's Kate," I replied, opening the door. Lindsey gave Kate a wave and Kate waved back, her smile huge.

"I'll pick you up this afternoon; Gerard is horrible at remembering to do it. Just text me if you get a detention and tell me when it finishes," she says, giving me a smile. It was soon going to be well known that I was prone to detentions.

"Okay, see you this afternoon Linds!" I said as she said goodbye and gave me a wave.

Kate waved again as Lindsey gave her a smile and pulled out of the school parking lot.

"She is so awesome," Kate sighed, her inner fangirl showing.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, let's go."

*

I managed to not get a detention in Biology or English, an unusual feat for me, so I was sighing in relief as the morning break started.

As we all gathered around the table, Dean and Kate were talking about the My Chemical Romance concert, so I decided to drop the good news.

"So, my father has some very good connections to My Chemical Romance," I start, Kate and Dean giving each other a knowing smirk, "And he was able to get us backstage passes for after the show and we don't have to wait all day to get barrier because he got us pit access!" I exclaim, unable to contain my excitement.

"Holy shit that's so amazing! How is your dad connected?"Renae asked.

"He's really close friends with them," I say, leaving it at that.

"That is so cool, I'm so excited now," Sam said.

The rest of the break was spent the same as the day before; everyone chattering about the concert and their renewed excitement.

Maths was the usual boring lesson, but Italian proved to be fun and exciting. The half of the class that didn't want to be there would come up with really crazy sentences that they had translated and the class all joked around with the teacher and she joked back. It was quickly becoming my favourite class.

Lunch, however, was interesting. Usually Kate and Dean would enter together and joke around, but today they came in at different times and sat at opposite ends of the tables, clearly not talking to each other.

I stood up once the tension got too much. "Kate, come for awalk?"

She stood up and agreed quickly, so we left the cafeteria. Once we were outside and the doors had closed, Kate started ranting.

"Fucking Dean is pissing me off majorly!" she exclaimed.

"What did he do now?" I asked her as we sat on a metal bench located outside.

She chewed on her lip as she thought. "I don't particularly want to tell you because it could hurt your friendship with him, as well as hurt my friendship with him even more."

His only made me more intrigued. "You can tell me and Ipromise I won't say a word," I said, placing my hand over my heart.

Kate looked away from me as she talked. "Dean was saying shit about how he is going to try and fuck you and shit, so I kinda went off at him for downgrading you like that. I don't think that guys should say that kind of stuff or act like that towards women. Call me a feminist, but it's wrong."

I was a little angry on the inside, but I didn't let it show as I replied to Kate.

"Dean obviously doesn't know anything about me, one thing he doesn't know is that I don't take shit from guys and I certainly don't let them treat me like shit either. You don't have to worry about me Kate, I've met enough creeps and assholes in my life to know how to treat them," I say, trying not to think of what happened in the parking lot yesterday.

"I know, you can kind of tell just by looking at you," Kate said, giving me a little smirk. I punched her playfully on the arm and we both laughed at each other.

"Yeah, I'm a touch bitch to crack," I said as we both stood up to go inside.

"But don't expect me to talk to Dean until at least tomorrow. He's still a major dick," Kate said, a slight scowl on her face.

"I have a free with him next, I may be able to talk some sense into him then," I said.

Kate smiled at me. "You're fucking awesome."

We sat back down at the table in the cafeteria and acted as if nothing had happened.

When the bell rang to signal the end of lunch and the beginning of Dean and I's free period, Kate gave me a knowing look and I gave her a small nod, letting her know what I was going to do.

Dean and I dumped our bags in our lockers like we did the day before and headed out to the parking lot for a smoking session.

Before I could open my mouth to say anything, Dean spoke up.

"Listen, Cara, I said some pretty horrible stuff about you today which I'm guessing you've already heard about. I didn't realise how bad it actually sounded until the words came out of my mouth and I'm regretting it now because Kate won't talk to me and you're looking like you're about to chew my balls off. So I'm sorry for degrading you and treating you like you're apiece of meat," Dean apologised sheepishly, his head hanging down and his hair covering his face.

"Thank you for your apology Dean and you're right; I was about to chew your balls off because I hate it when men degrade women and talk shit about them like all they are is a vagina. So I accept your apology, and Ialso want you to apologise to Kate because I know she feels the same way as Ido about it," I said, crossing my arms and keeping my facials expression stoic.

"I know and right now I'm feeling like I've fucked up the two best friendships I've had," Dean said, his entire body posture looking like a forlorn puppy. I felt bad for him so I closed the gap between us and gave him a hug.

He stiffened at first, surprised by the contact, but softened and put his arms around me as well. Each day I spent with him I felt myself growing more and more attracted to him. It was quite frankly starting to scare me because I'd never let myself get close to anyone apart from my mom, not even Alex.

Once we finished hugging we sat down on the tarmac and resumed our smoking session as if the previous conversation never existed.

As the bell rang for last period, Dean stopped me from leaving.

"Hey, will you please be there when I apologise to Kate? She may not listen to me unless you're there," he said, looking a little scared.

"Of course I can be, when were you planning on doing it?" I asked him as we made our way back into the school grounds.

"I was planning on doing it after this period, I'm hoping to catch her before she drives home," he said.

"I'll make sure she doesn't skip out early, I'll say I need to see her before she leaves and you can come with me."

We walked into music and practised playing our pieces, Doug helping us to choose individual songs and group songs for the music showcase that was supposed to be at the end of the semester. Doug was pushing me towards doing Enya's "May It Be" from Lord of The Rings for my singing piece and a My Chemical Romance song for my guitar piece. He was leaning more towards "Planetary(GO!)", but I had to stop him there.

"Uh, Doug, I'm not sure if it'll be best if I do a My Chem song," I said unsurely.

"You'll be fine; heaps of kids from this school have done their songs before. Is it just the song you're not sure of?" he asked me.

"Well, I just feel I can showcase my talents more if I do"Dead!" rather than "Planetary (GO!)"," I said to him.

"That's fine, now is there any specific song you'd like to do as your third piece?" he asked me.

"I'd like to do an acoustic song called "Amelia" by Tonight Alive," I said.

"That should be fine, if you need sheet music I can find some for you," he offered.

"It's okay Doug, I already know how to play it," I smiled at him.

By the end of the lesson the class had unanimously decided on doing the Ghostbusters theme and "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance, the last one seeming so fitting.

"Alright guys, remember to practice hard and tell your parents about the night so that they can come along," Doug said just as the bell rang.

I left the room with Dean so that we could meet up with Kate in the parking lot; I had text her during music to say that I needed to talk to her about Dean and she agreed to wait up for me.

When I got outside I spotted Lindsey's car so I ran over to it and opened the back door, putting my bag inside. Gerard was seated in the front seat and smiled at me as he saw me and Dean.

"Hey Cara, how was school?" he asked me, but I partially ignored it.

"I'll be back in five minutes, I just have to do something first," I said, giving a wave to Lindsey as she smiled at me.

I walked across the parking lot with Dean and saw Kate's face go from smiling to scowling as she saw Dean tagging along.

"I didn't realise you were going to bring him with you when you said you wanted to talk about him," Kate grumbled as we got closer, her mouth set in a straight line and her arms crossed as she glared at Dean.

"Kate, Dean has something he'd like to say to you. Dean?" I prompted as he looked up and sighed.

"I'm sorry for what I said about Cara today, I didn't realise it sounded like that until I thought about how I said it and I'm sorry that it sounded degrading and sexist," Dean said sincerely as Kate's face softened.

"I accept your apology, Dean, and I'll let you know that in future if you make comments like that again, not just about Cara but about any girl, then I'll personally kick your ass and you can expect me to never say aword to you again," Kate said, Dean cracking a smile as her protective side came out.

"Okay, now hug and makeup because Gee and Linds are waiting for me," I said, forcefully pushing them together to hug, making them collide and laugh before hugging properly.

I waved them goodbye and wandered back over to Lindsey's car where they were both looking expectantly at me.

"They had a bit of a falling out today so I had to be there to keep them under control as they apologised," I explained.

"You're always the peacemaker, just like your father,"Lindsey commented.

I was finally happy in a school with friends that liked me and possibly a boyfriend on the horizon. My life couldn't get any better.
Sign up to rate and review this story