Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

Motherfucking Teenagers

by MichiamoNicola 4 reviews

Cara's music class has a couple of guests.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-05-15 - Updated: 2012-05-15 - 4216 words

2Ambiance


The rest of the week went by painlessly, narrowly dodging my cranky Biology teacher (whose name I later found out was Mr Peterkins) and avoiding detentions, one of them being a lucky escape when I hadn't noticed that he had entered the room and I was still slouched on the desk.

I'd also grown closer with Dean, continuing our free period smoke sessions, most of which ended with us making out on the tarmac of the parking lot. We were almost caught one day, but it turned out to be a false alarm as it was the hippy biology teacher and that was the day I first tried marijuana. I did have to chew an entire packet of breath mints and spray myself with Kate's body spray to get rid of the dirty smell before I went home, but other than that no-one knew any better.

It was Friday afternoon and Dean and I were currently in our free period, finishing off our cigarettes and lazily making out like we had been all week. We'd in fact skipped lunch today to start earlier; something that I knew Kate would chew my ear off for on the drive home.

The bell was due to ring in about five minutes so we started to pack up our things but stayed where we were. We were discussing our plans for the weekend when I had an idea.

"You should come around to mine for dinner," I suggested.

Dean's eyebrows shot up into his hairline. "Really? You think your parents would let me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Only if you don't fangirl out around them. It kinda creeps them out a little. But yeah, they seem to want to meet you for some reason."

I left out the bit where I'd talked about him at dinner every night since Tuesday and Lindsey and Gerard had now taken interest in my love life.

Dean held up his hands in defeat. "I promise to not freak out around your dad."

"Good," I smiled, leaning in to kiss him again as the bell rang.

We went back into school, sneakily brushing our hands together as we walked, keeping our closeness a secret.

We entered the music room and my heart froze. Standing in front of me was my entire class crowded around Frank and my father.

Doug appeared and smiled at me.

"Come in Dean and Cara, we're just about to begin the lesson."

At the mention of my name, Gerard's head snapped up and he beamed when he saw me standing in the doorway. I immediately scowled at him, knowing he was up to something here.

Doug managed to catch everyone's attention.

"Okay guys, today we'll be practising our group piece and we'll have the help of My Chemical Romance's lead singer and rhythm guitarist, Gerard Way and Frank Iero!"

The room erupted into a cheer and Imouthed out the words "You're dead to me" to the smiling duo that were obviously plotting something terrible.

"Now I've assigned you all chords and harmonies to play and sing so as I call your name out I want you to come up here and get your sheet music," Doug instructed. Dean's name was called out and he retrieved his sheet, giving a fist pump as he looked at the sheet.

"What'd you get?" I asked, peering at his sheet.

"Second lead guitar. That's generally how Doug rates us guitar players, usually there's second rhythm, first rhythm, third lead, second lead and first lead. Then there's a first bass and second bass then the singers are all assigned parts," Dean explained to me.

"And Cara Hanson," Doug called my name out. I went up the front to get my sheet and saw scrawled across the top'First lead guitar' and certain sections of the lyrics highlighted.

"Congratulations Cara, you've done exceptionally well in class this week, you deserve it," Doug said, turning to the whole class, "Let's all congratulate Cara on getting first lead guitar!"

The class applauded and I heard whistles coming from two different directions; obviously from Dean, Gerard and Frank.

I went back to my seat, my face flame red as Dean congratulated me.

"Okay guys, grab your instruments and get yourselves set up while Frank and Gerard get ready."

I had brought Delilah and Gertrude in on Wednesday so I could practice with them (and also show them off), so Itook Delilah out of her case and looked for a spare amp, but I wasn't so fortunate. The two rhythm guitarists were sharing, as were the two bassists and the third lead guitarist and Dean.

"Psst, Cara, come plug in here," I heard Frank saying from behind me as he held out a spare amp cord. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm not completely sure if I trust you to not blow my cover," I said to him in a hushed voice, making sure that no-one else heard me.

"Don't worry, I'm not your father,"he said, rolling his eyes. I grinned at him and plugged Delilah into his amp.

Gerard was setting up the girls'microphones as they all fawned over him. Once he was finished there he came over to where Frank and I were standing and set a microphone up for me. He then pulled a camcorder out of his bag and started walking towards Doug while the rest of the class got quieter and a big ball of dread grew in my stomach.

"Would you be able to record this so Cara and I can send this to her mother tonight?" he asked Doug as Doug looked confused.

"Uh, okay, does Cara's father have permission to have her filmed then?" Doug asked.

"Well, considering I am her father I give her permission to be filmed," Gerard said kind of loudly as he thrust the camcorder into Doug's hands.

I buried my face with my hands as Iheard Frank snicker.

"Look what you've done to your poor daughter Gerard; she'll never forgive you," Frank joked as I stood up and punched his arm.

"Shut up, Frankenstein, you two were probably planning this the entire time," I whined as Gerard laughed at me.

"No, this was only a spur of the moment thing, you can't possibly imagine what we have instore for you later,"Gerard said, avoiding my fists.

"Since you haven't had enough time to learn your parts for Ghostbusters, why don't we go over our other piece we've been looking at?" Doug said, interrupting the stares of shock from my classmates.

"Don't worry, you guys will be familiar with this one, just follow along," I said, leaning into my microphone and looking towards Dean to start playing. He gave a nod and I closed my eyes and began singing.

They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do.


I heard Gerard join in with me for the next verse as Frank picked up the song.

Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
They're gonna rip up your heads,
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine.


Gerard turned to me as we sang the rest of the song, both of us screaming the lyrics out at each other.

They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

Ohhh yeah!

They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

All together now!

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me


Teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me!


I finished the song off with the small guitar solo at the end and Doug stopped recording.

"Are you really going to send that to mom? You do remember that you don't have the best relationship together," I whined again, hoping he'd say he was joking.

"She called me last night and wanted to know how you were doing. When I told her that I was coming in today she said to get a video of you playing and send it to her. And Lindsey wants to see how your progress has been going too," Gerard said, taking the camcorder back from Doug.

"Cara has been going exceptionally well in class, she said that she came from amusical background but she didn't say that you were well-known," Doug said to Gerard.

"Cara's very modest about us, she likes to keep us secret," Gerard joked to him as Iflushed red again, the entire class listening in on their conversation.

"Okay class, the bell is going to ring shortly so start packing up the amps, but before you do please thank our guests, Gerard Way and Frank Iero," Doug said to the class and they burst out in a round of applause.

I helped Gerard and Frank pack their instruments up because I had something to ask Gerard.

"Hey Gee," I started. He looked up at me.

"Why yes my darling daughter?" he replied sweetly.

"Would Dean be able to come over for dinner tomorrow night?" I asked quickly, knowing the shit I'd cop at home for bringing a boy around for dinner.

"I guess it would be okay, you'd have to ask Lindsey as well," he said as he finished packing up, taking Delilah from me, "I'll take your guitars home for you if you want, go out and have some fun this afternoon."

I was surprised. "Oh, okay then. I don't know if I'll be doing much though, I haven't organised anything."

Dean came up behind me and Gerard smirked at me when he saw him.

"Hi, Ihaven't been able to properly introduce myself, I'm Cara's friend Dean," he said politely, holding his hand out for Gerard to shake. Gerard took it eagerly, Dean's eyes going slightly wider as his idol's hand touched him.

"It's apleasure to finally meet you Dean, I've heard so much about you," Gerard said as I flushed pale pink, "Cara has told me that she's invited you to dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yes she has, if it's okay with you," Dean tacked on the end.

"I'm fine with it, Cara will just have to ask her step-mother, but she shouldn't have any issues there," Gerard smiled at him. The bell rang and Gerard turned to me.

"Go on, go have some fun this afternoon, do all that stuff that you said you weren't going to do on Monday."

I raised an eyebrow. "What, get ice cream, drink, do drugs and have sex?" I questioned him as Dean snickered.

Gerard furrowed his brow. "Maybe just the first one. The last three I'm a little sceptical about."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, practically skipping out the door. "I'll see you at home!" I called out as Dean followed me out, giving Gerard and Frank a wave goodbye.

We went out to the parking lot, but Kate's car was nowhere to be seen. I pulled out my cell phone and saw I had a text message from her, saying she went home sick and that Dean could give me a lift.

I looked at Dean. "Well, looks like you're my lift for the afternoon."

He smirked. "Good, means I can do this then."

Dean bent down slightly and pressed his lips up against mine in a kiss, snaking his hand around to the back of my neck, pulling me in slightly closer. I wound my arm around his waist and up his back, locking him securely in place.

There was a wolf whistle behind us and I turned to see a short, tattooed person winking at us. I looked around to see if there were many people around, thankfully there was no-one else as Dean's car was parked furthest away, and flipped Frank the bird.

He laughed at me and I rolled my eyes, turning back to Dean who was smirking.

"Come on, let's go do something fun," he said with a sly smile.

We drove into town and he parked in the parking lot of the gelato shop Gerard and I visited the weekend before.

We went inside and I ordered two scoops of hazelnut, which Dean insisted on paying for.

Once we received our ice creams, Dean took me out to the bench near his car, spoon-feeding each other our gelato; occasionally sneaking a spoonful of his while he did the same.

Once finished, we went back to his car and sat there in silence for a few moments; taking in the peacefulness of being completely alone without the fear of anyone catching us.

He leaned in and kissed me deeply, his lips tasting like mint and hazelnut with afaint trace of smoke.

He pulled back and smirked, starting the ignition and starting for the street.

He was driving along a street I didn't recognise and he pulled up in front of an unfamiliar house.

"Would you look to come inside and meet my mom or would you rather go somewhere else?"he asked me.

"I'll come inside," I replied, my heart rate beginning to accelerate. What would his mom think of me?

He gently took my hand as he lead me into the house, the sweet smell of cinnamon and sugar filling the air.

We entered the kitchen where a middle aged woman was pulling a batch of muffins out of the oven, looking towards us with a big smile on her face.

"Good afternoon darling, how was school?" Dean's mom asked him, pulling him in and giving him a hug and smacking kiss on his cheek, leaving behind an outline of rosy lipstick which Dean rubbed at furiously with an annoyed look on his face.

"It was okay. Mom, this is Cara, Cara, this is my mom Beverley," Dean introduced us. Istepped forward and waved shyly.

"I'll have none of that waving nonsense, come here," she beckoned as I took another step forward and she crushed me to her chest in a hug, "And you can call me Bev. I've heard so much about you."

"I hope it's all good," I replied with a laugh.

"Sweetheart, there's nothing good about you," Dean joked. The term of endearment made my heart flutter a little.

Dean reached a hand out to the steaming hot muffins, but Bev whacked his hand away.

"Dean, don't be so rude, offer one to our guest first," she said as Dean rolled his eyes and picked up two muffins.

"Who do you think you raised me to be? I was getting one for Cara and then I was going to get one for myself," Dean said, being every bit the sarcastic and smart aleck shit he was. It made me giggle which in turn made Dean smile.

"Now you see why I send him to school, Cara, or else he'd be all up in my business all day and I'd have twice as many grey hairs as I do now," Bev joked, shooing him away from the plate of muffins as he reached for a second.

"Alright, let's leave your mother alone now before she decides to throttle you," I said, saving Bev from her son. She gave me a thankful look as she turned back to the dishes in the sink.

We went upstairs to Dean's room which looked as I expected it to; covered in posters, clothes and music. His guitar was on a stand next to a desk full of books and loose papers. I wandered over to it and looked at a sheet that was sitting on top of them all, the chords for a song by the looks of it.

"Hey, no peeking into my unfinished work!" he chastised me.

"What is it?" I asked him, ignoring his attempts to pull me away from it. Dean sighed.

"I guess you're not going to give in," he replied, picking up his guitar.

He sat at the keyboard next to the guitar and put the guitar on his lap, playing the opening chords to "Oh Well, Oh Well," by Mayday Parade and breaking out into an acoustic version. I was captivated as he strummed out the chords and sang beautifully.

He stopped abruptly in the middle of the song.

"And that's all I've managed to decipher so far, I'm not done deconstructing it yet,"he said, putting the guitar down.

"Wait, what do you mean deciphering and deconstructing?" I asked him, thoroughly confused.

"I don't play using tabs off the internet, I listen to the songs a few times and write down the chords that I hear. That way they sound true and it's easier to identify the song," he explained.

"How long have you been doing it?" I asked him.

"Deciphering guitar chords? I was about fourteen when I first tried it, it took me a month to decipher one whole song and that was with me listening to it every night. These days it only takes me a couple of nights, if I'm really dedicated to it Ican do it in, like, a day. But yeah, I heard this one being played at the studio behind me and whoever was playing it played it so well that I memorised some lyrics, typed them into Youtube and found the song," Dean said, picking the guitar back out and strumming out a few chords. I recognised then instantly as 'Amelia' by Tonight Alive and I began to sing along.

"You know this song?" Dean asked me, stopping after the first chorus.

"I sang this for Gerard and his friends last week, it was probably me you heard," I replied.

"That was you? Oh my god, listening to you sing that song made me pick up an interest in music again," Dean said, amazed. I blushed, not knowing that my music had that effect on people.

"I'm not that great," I replied modestly.

"Cara, you've been in our music class a week and you've already gotten lead singer and first lead guitar for our showcase pieces. You can't honestly say you're not talented," Dean retaliated.

"Whatever you say," I replied, not believing him.

I looked over to the clock next to Dean's bedside table. It was a little past five, Gerard and Lindsey would be expecting me home soon.

Dean obviously noticed that too because he put the guitar down and stood up, holding his hand out for me to take. I took it and stood up, letting him kiss me before taking me back downstairs to say goodbye to his mom.

"Mom, I'm going to take Cara home now," Dean said to Bev. She turned to me and pulled me into another hug like before.

"It was lovely to meet you, you're welcome her anytime you wish, even if Dean isn't here," she said warmly.

"It was so lovely to meet you, I have a feeling that you may never get rid of me," I joked with her. She shared a knowing look with Dean, who returned it with an eye roll and a tug on my hand.

"C'mon, let's go before she embarrasses me further," Dean pulled me towards the door and I gave Bev a departing smile and wave.

Once we were in Dean's car, he leant over and pulled me into another kiss, with more feeling he's ever kissed with than in our previous make out sessions.

He pulled back and smirked at me, starting the car and heading towards my place.

He pulled up outside but didn't turn off the engine.

"Are you just going to go straight home?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I guess so, why?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come inside and meet my step-mom Lindsey?" I asked coyly, looking up at him through my eyelashes.

"How could I say no to a face like that?" he replied, pulling one side of his mouth up into a smile and bringing my face closer to his for another kiss.

I was beginning to grow confused. Was this 'relationship' going to go anywhere or was it going to remain casual forever?

There was a knock on the window and Dean and I jumped a mile, breaking apart quickly. I turned to the window to see Frank's smiling face beaming back at me, his body starting to shake with laughter at my murderous face.

"Little fucker," I muttered under my breath as Dean and I got out of the car when Frank disappeared inside.

I opened the door to be greeted by the scent of slow roasting meat and rosemary. Lindsey's bright face appeared in the hallway and I pulled Dean into the house.

"Hey Cara, how was school? Your father told me about the trick he and Frank pulled on you, he's already been punished for that by doing dishes for the rest of the month," Lindsey greeted me.

"Yeah school was fine except for that. Lindsey, I'd like to introduce you to my friend Dean," I said as Dean stepped forward with his hand out to shake hers. She took his hand and wrapped her other arm around him in a hug.

"It's so good to meet you finally, I was beginning to wonder if Cara had made you up,"Lindsey said jokingly to Dean. I stuck my tongue out at her playfully and she retaliated by doing the same.

"I was actually going to ask you if Dean could come around for dinner tomorrow night,"I asked Lindsey.

"We'd love to have you around for dinner, is there anything you don't eat?" Lindsey asked Dean.

"I eat anything and everything," he responded, earning a chuckle from Lindsey.

"Alright, well I'll let you two get back to whatever you wanted to do." She left us and went back to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner.

"So did you want me to give you a tour of the house?" I asked Dean.

"I've always wanted to look around Gerard Way's house, I'd love a tour," Dean replied.

I took his hand and lead him to the living room where I found Gerard watching TV. Ipushed his feet off the end of the couch as I walked past, hearing a whine of annoyance as Dean and I walked the hallway to my room.

"So this is my bedroom, decorated by Gerard, Frank and Lindsey, as you can probably tell by the artistic touches," I said, gesturing around my bedroom grandly, "It's also the first bedroom I've had where I've actually put things in drawers and cupboards."

Dean looked around in awe. "This is amazing. I'm definitely going to have to revisit this room several times."

"Yeah, it's my favourite room in the whole house. So other than this room there's the spare room, Gee and Lindsey's room, the dining room, the bathroom and the laundry. You've already seen the kitchen and the living room, so I guess that's about it."

"You're going to have to pry me from this room," Dean argued. I pulled on his hand and he resisted, whining as he fell on my bed.

I laughed along with him and managed to pull him out to the hallway where we said goodbye.

"I'll see you tomorrow? If not during the day then definitely dinner," Dean said to me.

"I don't have any plans tomorrow so unless Gerard and Lindsey have anything planned I'm free," I replied.

He pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss on the top of my head, holding me for afew moments before releasing me and going to walk out the door.

"See you tomorrow Dean," I called after him.

"Until tomorrow, gorgeous," he replied, turning back with a wink.

I didn't realise I was blushing until Frank appeared beside me and punched my arm playfully.

"You got yourself a boyfriend, Cara?" he joked. I turned back to him with a scowl and punched his arm a lot harder than he had punched me.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll return home and not breathe a word of this to Gerard or Lindsey."

Review and rate please! Try to get all the chapters green for me?
Sign up to rate and review this story