Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Letter to trouble

Party time

by Justforstories 4 reviews

This party might be one which spoils relationship.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-03 - 1576 words

2Original
"I wonder if we did the right thing, leaving the rest behind and going to the party alone." Jay said.
"Will you give it a rest? You have been talking about it all the way to the party." Theresa complained, irritated by him.
They had arrived at the mansion of Jay's cousin. This is the place where the party was held. Judging by its size, it could easily hold ten thousand people and still have space for more. Their garden was also well kept. It was just beautiful. This picture was perfect as the sun was setting behind the mansion.
"So Jay tell me more about your cousin." Theresa asked while being mesmerized by the beautiful picture.
"Well, she is a girl of about our age. Her name is Liza. As you can see, she is very rich but not very smart." Jay described his cousin as he parked the car.
Theresa and Jay soon walked over to the mansion and pressed the doorbell. The door opened and there stood...
"Jay, great to see you. We thought that you were going to miss out on this party." Tim shouted over all the noise.
The party had already started. Hi-fis were blasting away at the top volume.
"Tim, it has been a long time since we last met? This is my friend Theresa. Theresa, this is my old classmate, Tim." Jay said, as Tim noticed Theresa.
"Wow, nice to meet you. Nice name for a pretty lady." Tim said staring at Theresa from top to toe.
Theresa was just wearing some casual wear but she was as attractive as always. She looks pretty no matter what.
"Hey come on in and let's get on with the party. The food is great." Tim opened the door wide as Jay and Theresa stepped in.
Tim led them to the hall where the party was held. The hall was completely filled with people.
"Hey, you guys look who's here." Tim shouted as all heads inclined towards the door.
"Jay!" Liza screamed merrily as she rushed over.
She hugged him immediately and even kissed him on the cheek.
"I almost thought you were not coming." Liza said.
"I would not miss out on such an occasion. Here, Happy Birthday." Jay said to Liza giving her his present.
She took it with glee before noticing Theresa.
"So this is your friend, I presume." Liza muttered.
"She is my best friend, Theresa." Jay told her.
"Whatever. Come on the party is just getting started." Liza pulled Jay away from Theresa and left Theresa to explore the place alone.
The hall was humongous. You could even get lost in such a place with many people around. There was also so much food around. There's some western food on the right, Sushi was served at a corner of the room. Almost all kinds of food over the globe were served there. Theresa took a plate and helped herself to the food. Then she went to a balcony at the side of the room to take a breather. Maybe coming with Jay was a bad idea after all. She felt lonely and miserable as she did not know anyone there.
"Jay was having fun all right, with all the girls' company." Theresa muttered to herself.
Jay was with Liza all the time since Liza took him away. He was eating great food and playing games all at the same time.
"She may be rich, but she is so proud and snobbish." Theresa said to herself.
Theresa could not see why Jay liked a cousin like Liza. Then Theresa started to feel weird again. It happened whenever she was close to Jay. Her stomach had some sort of an awkward feeling which was hard to describe.
"Why am I feeling like that? Jay is not my boyfriend anyway" Theresa lied to herself, though she hates to admit that Jay came into her mind often.
Atlanta can't be right and even if she is...
"You are not jealous are you?" Tim said as he entered the balcony.
"No, what makes you think I am?" Theresa said but her voice was shaking.
"It is easy to tell. Nevertheless it is natural to fall in love with Jay. Jay may not be the handsome looking guy around but he has something else, which makes it hard for any girl to resist him. He attracted quite a lot of girls in our school, but the reason why they are attracted to him is still unknown. Most of the girls just try to ignore him. And it seems like you are doing the exact same thing." Tim stated.
"No way. I do not like Jay I just treat him as... a friend. That's all." Theresa lied as she looked around trying to get Jay out of her mind.
"A friend? Are you sure? Look I can help you if you want." Tim offered as he could tell that Theresa like Jay. He had been noticing that Theresa was always keeping an eye on Jay since she came to the party.
"I tell you that I do not like Jay and yes he is my best friend." Theresa said all this in one breath and then looked away. It was hard to lie straight to someone's face while keeping a calm composure. In fact Theresa was already getting a little frustrated now. She was teased by Atlanta back in the dorm and now by Tim at this party.
"If you say so then. Anyway you do not have to be jealous of Liza, if you are jealous." Tim added hastily after Theresa glared at him.
"Huh?" Theresa wondered aloud.
"That Jay which you see there is a hoax." Tim whispered.
"What? I never knew Jay was such a good actor." Theresa said unbelievingly and sarcastically.
"Believe it. He had many practice whenever Liza is around" Tim said
"You got to be kidding." Theresa eyes were filled with disbelief. Jay was laughing and playing with Liza and a few of friends. He seems to be enjoying himself.
"He may look serious and all that but he is one who is still able to relax at times. We all wish that there was someone who could soften him up." Tim sighed and walked away.
Theresa looked at Jay for a few more minutes and then looked out of the balcony again. She still could not believe Tim.
"Hey what's bothering you?" a familiar voice sounded as a warm hand was placed on her shoulder. Theresa turned around and found herself face to face with Jay.
"Nothing..." Theresa said grimly. Jay's face had reverted back to its original form. He was no longer laughing or smiling, he was just Jay-like.
"What's wrong? I can tell that something is bothering you, is it Liza's 'hospitality'?" Jay asked with genuine concern. However there was no response from Theresa.
"I know that you do not know anyone here and I am really sorry that I had just left you at the start of the party." Jay apologized.
"Oh, you finally realized that or did someone else inform you?" Theresa turned around and her eyes fell on Tim standing behind Jay. Tim immediately pretended he was just passing by and walked on.
"Well, Tim told me everything and I am really sorry. Really." Jay placed his hand in his pocket and shrugged his feet.
"Everything?" Theresa blurted out.
"Yes. He told me about how lonely you were and..." Jay said.
"Just don't believe what he had said." Theresa cut in. Jay was surprised at Theresa's reaction.
"Why not? He just said you were lonely that's all. You mean to say you aren't lonely?" Jay asked surprised.
"No...it's just..." Theresa's voice went all weird.
"Don't tell me you are jealous?" Jay teased.
"What makes you say that?" Theresa's face blushed.
"Well the fact that you are blushing and why are looking away from me? Are you hiding something I should not know?" Jay asked.
"No, anyway you had a fun time?" Theresa replied but she was trying hard to hide the secret crush she had on Jay.
"No. Liza was terrible and she almost found out that I was acting." Jay said dully.
"Why do you have to act in front of her? What is the big deal about her?" Theresa was very curious about why everyone was afraid of her.
"Well let me try to explain. About a few years ago, she fell in love with me and wanted me to be her boyfriend. However I do not like her one bit, she is proud and snobbish. She also flaunts her wealth a lot. Thus I rejected her and she fell into a trauma. Then her parents came to talk to me and we came to an agreement. I would pretend to be her boyfriend until they can talk her out of the idea." Jay told Theresa.
"It must have been hard on you, to be the boyfriend of a rich girl." Theresa replied sarcastically.
"Ever since that day everyone knew that I was acting throughout and no one was dumb enough to tell her that." Jay continued.
"Oh so should I pity you or what?" Theresa said as she started walking away.
Then Jay grabbed Theresa's hand.
"Listen I am really sorry about what happened." Jay apologized further.
"Ya right." Theresa shoved his hand away and strutted off.


As usaul please R&R, hope this is good enough! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story