Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Little Child

Chapter 7

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

A few days after a wonderful memory turn ugly.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon - Published: 2012-04-19 - Updated: 2012-04-19 - 431 words - Complete

0Unrated
“What happened to her?” Ringo asked. “Where is she?”

George stiffened as another tear formed in his eye. As soon as John saw this, he wrapped a friendly arm around him. “We can get into that later… Why don’t we tell ‘im about her first birthday? That was a fun day we had with her, wasn’t it?

George nodded. “Almost every day wither her was fun,” he whispered.

“I know,” John replied. “I know.”


~~*


“I can’t believe she’s already a year old,” George said as he was feeding little Charlotte. She babbled nonsense and tried to grab his nose. He scrunched up his nose, and she giggled and held on. The cute little dimples that appeared on her cheek whenever she giggled could make anyone smile, even if someone were somewhat trying to be serious with her. George’s mouth cracked—he could never withstand those dimples without smiling.

John chuckled.”Neither can I! And y’know how Christmas is just around the corner…”

George turned to him as John presented a wrapped box. “Aw… you didn’t need to get me anything! Or at least not this early!”

“It’s not too early,” John insisted. “Besides, I got somethin’ for ya that I thought we could use for today.”

George opened the box, and inside was a new camera. “I thought we could go to the park or somethin’,” John said,” but I figured you would need to open the camera first.”

“Thanks, Johnny,” George said, giving John a hug. “That sounds like fun!”

They made a small picnic basket and went to the park. They found a nice grassy area under a tree to sit and enjoy their picnic, taking pictures and having fun like the happy family they were.


~~*


It was a few days later that John left the house to get the pictures developed, as well as do some errands, while George stayed home to take care of Charlotte.

The little house seemed strangely quiet later that day. George looked at the clock. Charlotte was taking a nap in John and George’s bedroom. “That’s weird,” he said. “Usually she’d be awake by now…” He got up and went into the bedroom, where he checked on his and John’s little girl in her crib. At first, everything seemed fine—she was just sound asleep. But after taking a second look, he realized something terribly wrong—

Her blanket was around her neck.

She wasn’t breathing.

She was pale.

And when George picked her up, her body was cold and limp.
Sign up to rate and review this story