Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Little Child

Chapter 8

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Could this be the end for John and George's little girl?

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon,Paul McCartney,Ringo Starr - Published: 2012-04-19 - Updated: 2012-04-19 - 1059 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Oh my God,” George sobbed repeatedly as he quickly unwrapped the blanket that was around Charlotte’s neck. “Oh my God… Oh my God, no!” He put her close to his body as an attempt to make her warm.

Mr. Harrison soon came home from work early and walking in after hearing the sound of George’s cries. “What happened!?” he asked. “What’s wrong?!”

“It’s Charlotte,” George wept. “Something’s wrong… I-I don’t know what it is!”

“Here, let me see her,” Mr. Harrison offered. George handed her to his father, who then put his fingers to her tiny wrist. “I…I think I feel a pulse…” George’s face lit up slightly. “But we need to ger her to the hospital as soon as we can to make sure.”

“Thank you, Dad…” George cried, hugging him. “Thank you…”


~~*


John walked over to Aunt Mimi’s house to give her some groceries she had asked him to get. He walked into the familiar house to find his aunt on the phone.

“Are you sure he’s not there?” she said quickly. “I need to find him immediately!”

“Who, Mimi?” John asked.

She turned around. “Oh, thank heavens he’s here! Goodbye.” She hung up.

“What’s wro-“ John started.

“John,” Aunt Mimi interrupted, “George’s father just called. They’re taking Charlotte to the hospital.”

John dropped everything—her eggs, carrots, flour, the pictures, everything. “What?! Why?!”

“I’m not sure! They were rushing out the door when he called!” she explained.

“Oh my God…” He ran out the door all the way to the hospital. When he finally got there, he opened the doors and looked around frantically until he spotted George sitting in a waiting room with his head in his hands. Mr. Harrison was there as well trying to comfort him. “GEORGE!” John yelled as he shouted as he sprinted over to him. The younger man slowly looked up, his face blotched red and tears welling from his eyes. “What happened?! Where is she?!” George put his head back down and shook it. “Tell me, George! Where is she?!”

George hesitated. “Sh-she’s in a… a… c-coma…” he choked out.

“Oh my God,” John said. “Did they say how long she’ll be in there?!”

George shook his head again.

“How’d this happen?!” John asked.

“Her blanket was around her neck… Sh-she was suffocating… An-and I didn’t even notice until it was almost too late! What kind of a shitty parent am I?!”

“Don’t say that!” John said, wrapping his arms around him. “You’re a great parent!”

George’s head shot up. “I almost fucking killed her!” he shouted.

“Calm down and watch your language,” Mr. Harrison said soothingly. “Everything’s going to be okay… We just need to give her time…”

They sat in the hospital, waiting for someone, anyone, to come tell them their little girl was happy and healthy again.


~~*


“We see her now-and-then in the hospital,” John said. “Otherwise, we just… wait…” He looked at the photo that was still in George’s possession. “I was at Mimi’s when I found this… I guess I dropped it when she told me…”

Ringo’s eyes were watering by this point in time. George was completely broken, and even John, the member of the group that rarely cried, had tears streaming down his cheek. Time went by, and they started to calm down as another face came into the bathroom.

“Guys?” Paul said as he looked at the others. “You okay?” They nodded slowly. “Brian’s getting pissed that we’re not all in the studio…” He paused for a few moments. “I can stay in here with you if you want, but we can’t be in here all day, y’know…”

“Yer right,” John sighed as he slowly got up.

Ringo looked at George. “Are you ready?”

George swallowed and nodded. “I guess so…” The older man helped him up as the other two started to walk out. As soon as they were on their feet, George gave Ringo a hug. “Thanks,” he whispered in his ear.

Ringo returned the hug. “Anytime, buddy…” he replied, giving him a reassuring smile. George smiled weakly back at him, and they walked back to the recording room.

“Ah, there you boys are,” Brian said as they entered. “I was waiting for you… I think we’re ready to record your song, George.”

They set themselves up with their instruments. After the red RECORDING light went on, George began to sing.


Since she's been gone I want no one to talk to me.
It's not the same but I'm to blame, it's plain to see.

So go away, leave me alone, don't bother me.

I can't believe that she would leave me on my own.
It's just not right when every night I'm all alone.

I've got no time for you right now, don't bother me.

I know I'll never be the same if I don't get her back again.
Because I know she'll always be the only girl for me.

But 'till she's here please don't come near, just stay away.
I'll let you know when she's come home. Until that day,

Don't come around, leave me alone, don't bother me.

I've got no time for you right now, don't bother me.

I know I'll never be the same if I don't get her back again.
Because I know she'll always be the only girl for me.

But 'till she's here please don't come near, just stay away.
I'll let you know when she's come home. Until that day,

Don't come around, leave me alone, don't bother me.
Don't bother me.
Don't bother me.
Don't bother me.
Don't bother me.


As Ringo listened to the words of the song, he realized George wasn’t singing about a bird, but a little girl—a little girl that changed not only his life, but John’s life as well; a little girl they had been terribly missing for a few years; a little girl they couldn’t stop mourning over until they got her back; a little girl they were proud to call their little child.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I'm considering the writing of a sequel, but I'm not quite sure yet... Feedback would be wonderful from you lovely people :)
Sign up to rate and review this story