Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One For Sorrow

Three For a Girl (I)

by CatscanFlyy 2 reviews

"Like I mean night is when all the monsters and the rapists come out and I already look like jail bate so why the fuck would I just roll over and shut my eyes through all of it?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2012-04-19 - Updated: 2012-11-19 - 2746 words - Complete

3Funny
“My dad left when I was like twelve” Frank tells Gerard now that they’re both curled up on the sofa and the other guests have all gone to look after children- Brendon and Lindsey, or have alone time- Mikey and Alicia and Gerard sort of guesses that he’ll spend the night here since he doesn’t like driving in the dark all that much.

“Ah really? That sucks”

“Yeah I guess, I mean it did at the time and it kind of made me really mad cause I took it all too personally, but like I-" He pauses for a moment to find the right words "now I guess it was kind of for the best or whatever. My mom’s been a lot happier since he left”

Then Gerard tells Frank about his dad and how he was never really around cause he was one of those nine-to-five parents that was always to busy or tiered for their kids and his mom was kind of the same so Mikey and him used to spend most of their time at their Grandma’s until they were old enough to look after themselves.

And then they talk about pets and Frank’s all “I want to have a house full of dogs”

And Gerard can’t help but screw up his nose and say, “No man, do you know how much dogs stink?”

But Frank gives him this kind of heart breaking look and his eyes swirl green and red and Gerard just knows that if Frank wanted to live in a house full of snakes and moths it would be okay because it’s Frank. But Gerard also can’t admit this so he changes the subject completely “What’s the time?”

“A concept man created in order to break up the day” Frank grins like an asshole and Gerard sighs melodramatically because he walks with the weight of the world on his shoulders and now Frank wont even tell him the time. “Kidding, dude, it’s like 1 am”

And Gerard relaxes a little because he’s not hanging out with a complete douche bag “Damn I should probably sleep at some point if I ever want to get up again”

Then Frank kind of pouts and Gerard thinks that he might actually die if this guy gets any cuter “Aw man, sleeping’s no fun”

“Yeah but it’s kind of a necessity”

Frank then explains to Gerard that he’s never really been able to sleep at night “Like I mean night is when all the monsters and the rapists come out and I already look like jail bate so why the fuck would I just roll over and shut my eyes through all of it? It’s much safer to sleep in the day”

And Gerard kind of agrees but “I have to work and Bob doesn’t like me sleeping through my shift”

So Frank’s suddenly really interested in what Gerard does and Gerard really doesn’t want to tell him because although he’s a failing artist he’s also twenty-nine and working in Barnes and Noble which is sort of embarrassing but Frank doesn’t seem to care that his jobs lame as he replies with “Ah, I’m one of the Starbucks douches” and Gerard totally has to rant about how great the coffee is and-

“I’ll have to come see you at work one day” and did those words really just slip his lips because that’s really needy and he’s only just met Frank of course he doesn’t want him at his work. But Frank’s really cool about it and says he can give him an employee discount, which is like- OMG discount Starbucks!

Eventually the two drift off into an almost peaceful sleep only Gerard is far too aware of him not being in his bed so he’s kind of unnerved whenever he dips into the land of dreams and he has to like open his eyes and blink a few times before he can relax again. But the lack of sleep is totally worth the company even if it does mean that he wakes up to a kick in the face.

Ow he thinks groggily as he’s pulled back into the realms of the living rubbing one hand not so gently across his face. It takes him a few minutes to fully register just where he is and Gerard almost panics a little at the sight of beige carpets and the flat screened TV, this is most defiantly not his home. But the feeling of fear and uncertainty passes near as quickly as it had arrived and Gerard feels his quickened pulse lull back into an easy beat; he’s at Mikey’s house.

But not only that he is at Mikey’s house sharing a couch with Frank.

Gerard allows the butterflies in his stomach to take flight for a few seconds before he ends their fluttering with a few hollow breaths reminding himself that Frank is a kid, a kid

The heat in his veins is only made more sterile when Gerard checks his phone because- OMG he is so late!

Gerard pings up from the sofa a little gracelessly and falls painfully to the floor landing with a thump. “Ow” He mutters to no one grumbling as he hosts himself back up to standing

“Gerard?” Comes a voice from the door and for a second Gerard thinks he has woken Frank from sleeping, but no it’s Mikey.

“Uh hi” Gerard offers weakly as Mikey hands him his own cup of coffee. Gerard loves Mikey he really does. “Mornin’”

“You got work today?” Mikey watches Gerard carefully as he indulges in a sip of the black, bitter fuel and Gerard feels the fine hairs on the back of his neck prick up as if standing to attention under Mikey’s gaze.

“Yeah” Gerard takes another sip before adding with a laugh “Late though”

Mikey nods and sinks into the doorframe as if that awkward chirpy laugh was all he had to hear in order to relax “You should try having kids, honestly the leave is great”

“Me with kids?” Gerard arches his brow sceptically and Mikey laughs shaking his head

“Maybe not, maybe not”

There’s a lull in the conversation and Gerard takes the break to glance over at the wall clock, he is still late. “Shit man I”

“-Go Gee god knows you can’t loose this job” Mikey interrupts him, laughing but with a stern parental look in his worn, crinkled eyes.

“Say bye to everyone for me?”

Mikey nods twice and Gerard gives an awkward flick of his flingers before hurrying out of the house thanking whoever is up there that he has his keys in his pocket.

-

When Gerard turns up to work forty minutes late and having parked illegally in the 7-11 across the street he is almost surprised to find that Bob is nowhere around. Instead the new Ross Kid is standing board behind one of the three counters whilst an elderly woman asks where she can find Tom Wolfe’s work. An odd choice perhaps for a woman of her age, mostly who Gerard has come accustom to reading bad romance novels or about trashy third world travel but Gerard makes a point of never judging

“Have you tried the Literary Journalism section?” Gerard offers once it is clear Ryan has no idea what the purple rinse perm is on about.

And of course the woman is all “Oh no I haven’t thank you very much young man” and off she trots upstairs leaving Gerard and Ryan to tend to their mundane and totally degrading tasks.

With a slight nod Gerard leaves Ryan at the desk to go help the blasphemes customers in need of a kindle. He spends half an hour drumming his fingers against the glass counter idly doing his best to enjoy one of the few perks of a Monday morning- no customers. It’s not till another half hour has passed that Bob arrives his blonde hair unruly and the stubble on his chin springy and longer than usual. He looks tiered and Gerard laughs as he asks “Rough night?”

With Bob it is always a rough night. He works as a sound tech at weekends for The House Of Wolves a few blocks away, the place is sort of a refuge for undiscovered and mostly under the raider bands and well, Bob can make anyone sound good which pretty much means most of the band dudes buy him a drink after their set.

This drink however turns into two, into shots, into a hooker into another night away from home which is never that much of a big deal since Bob manages the shop and well it’s not like Gerard or Ryan is gonna report him because as far as bosses go Bob’s pretty cool. But it does mean that he rolls in everyday with a splitting headache and a bad case of the munchies.

“Ugh god I don’t even know” He grumbles pushing the palms of his hands into his closed eyes “rough morning though” he adds with a little laugh.

Gerard laughs with him and takes in his younger friend’s appearance. He’s a different kind of tiered to Mikey or Alicia there’s no joy behind the bags of purple splotching violently under his red eyes, no happy sighs or crinkled lips just a kind of quiet sadness masked by sleep deprivation.

“What about you?” Bob asks, “You do anything?”

And Gerard is about to shake his head no because normally he doesn’t do anything and though, Bob asks each Monday it is well known that Gerard Way is somewhat of a recluse.

It wasn’t always like that though, skip back a couple of years and Bob wouldn’t have even had to ask what Gerard had done over the weekend because they would have been together. Bob was good at getting into places and even better at getting free drinks which at the time seemed, to Gerard, like the best quality someone could have so most Saturday (and Sunday) nights Gerard and Bob would hit the town getting smashed and occasionally laid before sleeping through their shifts the following day.

Gerard had quit this a little over a year ago now though, because while yes at the time it seemed to be the time of his life, alcohol was beginning to take over his system in more ways than just getting him drunk.

“Uh yeah actually” Gerard stutters over the unfamiliar words and rakes a hand through his ebony hair a small smile set on his lips

Bob looks surprised for a second before he masks the emotion with a wave of tired calm. “Oh really?” he shuffles his eyebrows slightly “Do tell”

So Gerard gets into telling Bob about his weekend and dinner and “I met this guy” and okay he did not mean to say that because while yeah he did totally meet this guy at the weekend, Bob is so not the person to tell this. Gerard gives this sheepish look up then down again and tries to hide behind his hair because that’s not at all conspicuous and of course Bob has noticed him flushing and so Gerard gives him this meek look all like ‘I will make your coffee for the next three years just don’t kill the kid OMG!’ but of course Bob is not willing to play ball.

“You did huh?”

“Well no, I mean, I did but” Gerard trails off loosely and Bob chuckles

“But what?”

“I dunno, I mean like he’s just my brother’s friend like- whatever” Gerard finishes dumbly with a flourish of his wrist and Bob gives him a totally sceptic look before wondering away to help Ross on the main desk.

-

If the traffic is good Gerard arrives home at about five, ambling through the apartment door with lots of day light hours to spare. On these days Gerard opens up the small balcony and paints whatever he sees, in his head or in the real Bellville streets surrounding his flat. These are the best days because Gerard is allowed to unwind and relax in the dimming light without having to even think about wine or fatty foods. However most days the traffic is not good and so Gerard chooses to walk which means that while he’s not Jonsing for a hit the whole way home he also doesn’t get home till long past six. On these days Gerard feels the need to stop at his local Chinese so that he can reward his worked legs with the chemical filled foods on special offer, only to regret this decision in the hours that pass because you’re supposed to be on a diet goddamn it

Today is one of those days, though Gerard has the car, it still takes him what he feels like is years to get back to his flat. The weather is bad today, cold and frigid so he even resists the urge to light up a smoke in the old car in fear of opening the windows and granting access to the frozen, icy air. It’s days like today that Gerard really hates his smoky habits.

When Gerard finally does arrive home, crate of stinking food in one hand, keys dangling from the other, he is not a happy bunny. He eats his food in front of the telly complaining to the reality TV stars about the temperature of his dinner and the unfairness of the world. It’s not till he goes to bed that he even lets his mind wonder to last night.

He has finally come to the conclusion that he is fucked. He has fallen hard and fast and- fuck this is not good. Frank is practically a kid, this crush is possibly illegal, and the feelings most probably unrequited. Gerard tries to focus himself on these three points in vain. Because okay it’s really fuckin’ hard to pin point on these three little details when Frank is so nice and adorable and full of all these little pouts and sighs and yes Gerard is most definitely fucked.

He tries to take his mind off of it- Frank, by pulling out one of his worn leather sketchpads and drawing the sharp angles and creases needed for him to create his art. Though this helps a little once his hands un-tense and his brows relax back onto his forehead to be covered by his hair he still finds that he is thinking about Frank. It starts to get a bit ridiculous because OMG he can not be obsessing about a guy he’s just met like this it’s not healthy and it’s creepy as fuck.

He considers talking to Mikey; he’s normally pretty good with advice but 1. What the fuck is he going to say?

‘Hey, Mikey I’m sorta crushing over that teen kid that lives in your house is this legal?’

‘Hey, Mikey fancy asking Frank if he wants to get freaky with me some time?’

‘Hey, Mikey you know that punk kid that lives in your spare room? Well could you possibly give me a detailed report on all the things he likes and doesn’t like?”

And 2. Mikey’s always been kind of funny about the guys Gerard dates since Bert so he may not be the best person to go to.

In the end he gives up and simply switches off the light so that he can at least have a good nights sleep tonight so he wont be such a bitch tomorrow. It takes a while for him to get to sleep but once he does Gerard almost enjoys a full nights rest even if hazel eyes and puppies do plague his dreams.


A/N So I gave you this early because wow you guys were so so so kind to me :'3 I didn't want to keep you waiting, but also because this chapter comes in two parts so I figured I'd give you the first part now and the second on Tuesday xD So the title will make more sense then! See you around! one more day to go!
Sign up to rate and review this story