Categories > Original > Fantasy > Nightmares Come True

Nightmares Come True

by Marvin 3 reviews

Or atleast in this household they do. A young a boy, Peter is having deadly nightmares aswell as his elder sister, Anna, she hasn't shown any sign of fear towards these nightmares although her brot...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-07-03 - Updated: 2006-07-03 - 566 words

1Original
Authors Note: This is an original story and as my biography stated this is just to see if I possibly have what it takes to write short stories because it's something I enjoy doing although I usually keep them hidden if this one goes over okay then I plan on writing a couple others I've done.

/-----/

Tossing and turning was all the child could do and soon his eyes shoot open and he let's out a terrified scream. The scream had come from the youngest in the household, a little boy, named Peter. Chris, the father of the small family, was up immediately as the child screams.

"Oh no, not again..."

He mumbles this half-asleep to himself. He can already hear footsteps heading towards Peter's room so he knows Anna's up and going to Peter's rescue. Just as his wife had only weeks before. Until she had died Anna was always out but now that his wife was gone Anna seemed to feel that she had to take over. This of course made it easier of Chris but he didn't like seeing Anna miss out on life as a teenager.

"Hey..."

Mutters a fairly unhappy voice that belonged to none other then Chris who now stood in the doorway looking upon the two. Ana was holding Peter on her lap whilst sitting on his bed and singing a short lullaby to attempt in calming him but it seemed she couldn't. This is when Chris decides to step in.

"Peter what is the matter with you?"

His voice was accusing and this didn't exactly help out the situation but, Chris truly wanted an answer to that question and that's what silenced Peter's crying because he had to stop and think of an answer, one that didn't come to him for obvious reasons.

"I...I don't know Daddy. There were monsters terrible ones and a man with an evil look. It all reminded me of the park nearby except in a red colour."

States the five year old. His Father was furious and just stared at his son thinking immediately that his son would need therapy most likely and that costed way too much these days. A sigh escapes the Father's lips and Anna glares up at him her own eyes holding the same fear Peter had that seemed to colour their eyes much more brightly.

"It's alright Peter...shhh calm down."

Anna whispers as her eyes disappear to search the little boy eyes. She shushed him with a gentle whispering then began to sing again her voice elegant as she continues on with her lullaby and Peter begins to relax a bit but, looks up to Anna with hope in his eyes.

"Anna will you sleep here with me tonight?"

Peter asks wiping away a couple tears in his eyes and his nose then relaxes in her arms again. Chris closes his eyes an image appearing of his wife and Peter sitting here doing the same thing a process of which Chris had gotten used to and decided Anna was handling that well so he left the doorway without question to go and relax himself.

/-----/

Next Chapter: In the nextchapter there shall be journals of each member of the family recording their fears, their dreams and ofcourse other things that shall follow. I'll do this only if peole request it so please even horrible reviews are grateful.
Sign up to rate and review this story