Categories > Original > Fantasy > World Of Nothing

World Of Nothing

by daylightsucks 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-30 - Updated: 2012-05-06 - 1156 words

1Exciting
"I love you", Clary says, as she twirls around in her laced bodied white dress, the length of the gown down to her ankles. As Clary looks deeply into Simon's eyes, she realizes how green they looked. He wasn't wearing his glasses like usual, so she was able to observe his eyes better than normal. As Simon brings his chest close to Clary's, his hand pressed against her back, he slowly begins to lean in. "I love you too", Simon whispered. He leans in close for a kiss, and closer they get, Clary begins to close her eyes, as their lips almost intertwine--
"Simon!" Clary yells, "Simon! Wake up, you bum." As Simon's dream faded away, he struggled to wake up; his vision blurred and his head was pounding. Simon groaned as he waved Clary away. "Go away" he muttered. "Wake up, damn it!", Clary begins to violently shake his arm and continues yelling at him. "Goddammit, Clary, can't I have a peaceful dream about sleeping with you without any interruption?", Simon scowled. Clary gave him a weird look, she knew he liked her that way, it was just strange for him to mention something like that, then she let it go since he wasn't being his usual self.
"Wake the hell up, you lazy bastard!"
"Fine! Fine, I'm up, happy?" Simon snaps as he pushes himself into a sitting position on the bed; then continued to stretch and yawn loudly.
"God, every morning's a bitch with you. Anyways, Luke said he's taking us to the Natural Museum Of History; I know how much you loooove historical artifacts", trying to sound enthusiastic. Clary begins to sit down on the bed, her long red hair fawning over Simon's blanket-covered leg; her hair was at least up to her hips, silky and beautiful.
"Now? Ugh, do we have to? I'm tired, Clary", Simon was never one to turn down something he loved. Clary immediately knew there was something up.
"You're coming, and that's that", Clary finalized.
"Ok, mother" Simon snaps back. Clary ignores the comeback and rises up from the bed and heads out of the bedroom to the kitchen where Luke was preparing lunch for Clary and Simon. Luke was a 37-year-old man whom Clary didn't quite find ugly; he was surprisingly handsome, for a 37-year-old. Luke wore gray sweatpants and a blue track jacket and plain-old black sneakers.
"Feeling fashionable there?" Clary chuckled. Luke said nothing.
"Tough crowd today"
"I'm just not in the mood, Clary"
"You too? I can do this with Simon, but not you, Luke, what's wrong?"
Luke stopped preparing the sandwhiches for lunch and slowly turned around to look at Clary. He crossed his arms and leaned on the counter behind him. His eyes were filled with despair and concern, mostly concern. They were burning Clary's eyes, she felt a bad vibe cutting through the silence.
"You're scaring me, Luke. Spit it out already"
Luke eyes began to tear up; this only served to make Clary even more scared. Luke never cried. Never. The only time he cried was when her mom was kidnapped and raped a few years ago. He swore he would always be there by her side and would always protect her...Then that's when it hit her, she knew immediately what was going on.
"It's not mom, is it? Don't tell me it is, because I know it isn't", Clary's heart began to pound. She loves her mom; she hates when something happens to her. She never could understand how such bad things could happen to her; her mom is a good person.
"I'm sorry, Clary," Luke whispered. He put his hands over his eyes and when his hands moved away, Luke's eyes were swelling up with tears; they finally broke out and ran down his cheeks. "Your mom's in a coma". He sobbed quietly and Clary slowly walked up to him and held his hand. Clary knew he was hurt as much as she was. Clary tried to prevent the tears from coming out, but she couldn't.
"H-How?", she barely whispered it. Her throat was beginning to swell up; she couldn't understand how anything like this could happen.
"The doctors don't know how she got into a coma. All they know is that she won't wake up, and they don't understand why". Clary didn't know what to say, she hugged Luke tightly and they both sobbed softly in each other's arms. As they pull away from each other, Clary wiped her eyes and began to look out the window. It was so bright and sunny, the sky was blue, not a single cloud was to be found; how could it be so beautiful on the day she finds out her mother is in a coma? As Clary looks away from the window, she saw Simon coming out of his bedroom. Before he could even close his door, he was screaming out to Clary, telling her to look out, to run. She was baffled, but when she saw why Simon told her to run, her heart dropped. Before she could even breathe or make a sudden move, everything blacked out.

Hours later, Clary was beginning to wake up. As her eyelids slightly open, everything seemed blurry; all she could see was dark figures moving and a single spot of light in one corner. When her eyes adjusted to the room, she caught a glimpse of an ugly looking thing. She couldn't understand what it was and before she realized it, she began to scream. The ugly thing inched closer and threatened her to shut up. Her hands and feet were tied in chains.
Looking around wildly Clay noticed that the walls had a stone pattern, but too dark and ugly to be pleasing to the eye. The room smelled of iron, blood, and rotten meat; it made Clary want to vomit. Clary examined the room and didn't see Luke or Simon, just two ugly looking bastards.
"What do you want from me? Let me go!" Clary yelled and struggled to free her hands from the rusty metal chains.
One of the ugly things slowly came up to Clary, bent down and leaned in to Clary's ear.
"We already have what we want", the ugly thing whispered. The ugly thing began to engage in an loud and uncontrollable laugh that sounded like nails scratching on a chalk-board. Clary didn't understand what was going on, she knew what it meant when it said they already have what they want, but what could they possibly want with her? All Clary wanted was to go home. She didn't understand what was going on, she didn't know why she's seeing things that don't look like humans. She thought it was a dream and fought to wake up, but nothing was working. Clary bawled uncontrollably and gave up. She's scared, tied up in chains, being held hostage, it couldn't get any worse for her.
Sign up to rate and review this story