Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Severus and Jenny - a Life

Love Eternal

by cearrae 2 reviews

A bit of fluffy goodness.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Molly Weasley, Snape - Published: 2006-07-03 - Updated: 2006-07-04 - 904 words

0Boring
Disclaimer.
This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark or infringement is intended.

Just a bit of fluff harking back to Chapter 10, in Old Walls. Also, why no magic around wee baby.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

"It was ever so kind of you to mind Darrius, Molly. I know he's in good hands." Jenny put her baby in the small cradle Molly had set up by the kitchen fireplace at the Burrow.

"Oh, it's nothing Jenny. If there's one thing I know, its babies." Molly leant over and tucked the blanket around the slumbering infant, positively beaming in pride. "I even remember the nappy changing charm to a tee. I practiced on the cat this afternoon."

Jenny looked at her husband for help, "Uhm, Molly, the midwife said no magic around the baby for the first six months. We do everything Muggle style."

Molly frowned, "Really, I'd never heard of such a thing. We used charms from day one on the children."

"Well, they said the baby's nervous system is too delicate for the magic, until they get a bit older. It has something to do with their mental development." Jenny was now worried and had second thoughts.

"I know how to do it the Muggle way, of course. Even Bill and Fleur are using the disposable nappies. It just seems silly." Molly's look said everything about what she thought of the idea.

Severus had thought the restriction silly at first too, but now when he thought about it, several of his past students came to mind; Crabbe, Goyle, Longbottom.

"There may be some merit to the theory, Molly. We'd just prefer if you didn't use your...charms on the baby." He looked at the Weasley matriarch as she backed off, knowing she'd lost.

"Of course, I'll follow your rules, Severus. I wouldn't have it any other way." Molly smiled reassuringly. "Now, off you go and have a lovely Valentines Dinner." She shooed them out and waved as they walked down the path.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

"Are you sure he's alright, Severus. Will Molly keep to our rules?" Jenny had tried to relax and enjoy their evening out, but Darrius was always at the forefront of her mind.

Severus sighed and reached over the table to take her hand, "Jenny, Molly Weasley may be an old fashioned witch, but she's not a bad mother. You know her children and they are all perfectly norm...let me rephrase that. They all appear healthy and seem to be making a go of it."

Jenny looked at him, "Severus, you really need to learn to let go of your old prejudices. They might not fit into that little mould you have engrained in your mind, of the way witches and wizards should be. I admire them a great deal. You have to admit, Arthur's done an admirable job as Minister for Magic."

"He's has competent staff, who know their jobs," agreed Snape. "That, with the backing of a few like the Malfoy's and Longbottom's, will ensure his success."

He leaned back in his chair and lifted the bottle of wine to refill their glasses. "Now, enough about the Weasley family. Tonight was for us to spend some time together."

"I shouldn't have any more to drink," she told him, watching the merlot pouring into her glass.

"The midwife said he could have a bottle when you couldn't feed," he reminded her, "Now, before I start to act like a jealous man, can you at least open the box in front of you?"

She hadn't noticed the small parcel he'd slipped in front of her. "I didn't have a chance to get anything for you, Severus." Her voice betrayed her disappointment.

Severus shared his smile with her, "This is for both of us, Jenny. Open it and you'll remember."

She untied the ribbon and lifted the top. Severus watched as a smile spread across her face.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

When they arrived at their apparation point, Jenny inhaled and smelled the tangy scent of salt sea air. She turned and looked out over the cliffs they were now standing on.

"Is this Dover?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied, "I always wanted a cottage here, but I never got around to it."

"Maybe in the future," she suggested.

"Perhaps, but for now...are you ready?" Severus stood facing her, his hands at her waist.

"Yes," she replied, looking up at his expectant countenance.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Celtic Love Stone Jenny had given him on their first Valentines day.

"I, Severus Snape, promise on this stone, that as I love you in this life, I will love you in the afterlife, for our love is eternal." He kissed the smooth stone and passed it to Jenny.

"I, Jenny Snape, promise on this stone, that as I love you in this life, I will love you in the afterlife, for our love is eternal." She then kissed the stone and held it out in her hand.
Severus took her hand with the stone in his and together they cast it into the sea. No more words were needed, as the ocean would keep their oath sacred, until the day they would meet in the world to come.
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Sign up to rate and review this story