Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter, The Twilight Wolf

Back

by HpFreak 2 reviews

same as the last ones

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Hermione,Professor McGonagall - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2012-05-07 - Updated: 2012-05-08 - 3365 words

2Predictable


Disclaimer: I don't own anything in Harry Potter and am making absolutely no money at all writing this. I am merely doing it for my own enjoyment.



-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-



As the years went by the search for the lost Potter heir continued desperately. The man in charge of the search, Albus Dumbledore didn't let up at all, unfortunately some of the ones searching did. They were all losing hope and there was nothing that Dumbledore could do to stop it. As much as he hated to admit it, he felt lost. He let down one of the greatest families he had the pleasure of knowing not only once but twice. He was currently sitting at his large desk as people came to give their reports. It was the same with everyone, no sign's at all. Not even a lead was had into the location of Harry Potter. Albus ran his hand over his face tiredly as one of the last men came into the room. He looked by far worse than he did the month before his long brown and grey hair hung lankly his eyes were nearly lifeless as he sat in front of the headmaster.



"How are you doing Remus?" Dumbledore asked softly and the man merely looked at him for a few seconds.



"I have no leads on Harry." Remus said softly not looking at the headmaster.



"How are..." Dumbledore started again.



"If that's it I really must get back out there." Remus said standing up.



"Remus you must rest, you're not looking well." Dumbledore said and Remus growled softly before shaking his head.



"It's just the nearing moon." Remus said before turning to leave the room. He stopped with his hand on the door.



"Yes." Dumbledore asked after a few moments of silence.



"Do we even know if he's alive?" Remus asked and Dumbledore heard the pain in the voice.



"I wish I had an answer to that my boy, I truly do."Dumbledore said quietly and Remus's body tensed before he pulled open the door and left the room. After Remus left Dumbledore buried his face in his hands as he thought of those he failed. He shook his head as he felt the wards welcoming the new students and got up to make his way to the great hall. He looked on in mild interest, hoping by some miracle Harry was among the crowd of first years. As McGonagall got to the 'P's' Dumbledore started to tense. When she called the name with a little bit of a tremor the hall started to whisper but no one stepped forward. No one watching the proceeding's noticed the sparkle in the headmaster's eyes wasn't his usual twinkle but instead were the tears he was holding back.



-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-





When Harry got back to his time he landed in a portkey site in Diagon Alley. Harry straightened his jacket slightly and pulled it a little tighter around his body as it was a bit chilly out. He out of the portkey site and started walking down the alley getting weird looks as he walked. When he saw the large bank in the distance he quickened his pace eager to get there and talk to Ragnok. When he got to the bank he bowed slightly to the goblins who bowed their heads back. When he got inside he saw that the bank was pretty dead so he looked around nodding to the various goblins he met in the past. He walked up to one of them and greeted him with a bow.



"Hello Slipknot." Harry said and the goblin bowed back.



"Mr. Cassavant, how pleasant to see you again, I take it you're here to see Ragnok." Slipknot asked and Harry nodded his head slightly."You remember the way I take it."



"Of course Slipknot, may your gold pile high." Harry said with another slight bow.



"And your enemies meet a painful end." Slipknot said with abow of his own before Harry turned and walked to Ragnok's office. When he got to the large door he knocked and waited for a voice to tell him to come in. He walked into the room and saw Ragnok sitting behind his desk looking over some papers. Harry walked toward the desk with a smirk and stood before until Ragnok looked up. When he did his face took on a look of shock and surprise.



"Harry Cassavant." He said happily standing up and coming around his desk. "Lad it's been to long, to long."



"Only about four or five days for me." Harry said shaking intimidating goblins hand.



"Well it's been years for me lad. I was actually expecting you almost two months ago. I was starting to get a little bit worried when you never showed." Ragnok said as he walked around his desk and motioned for Harry to take a seat. Harry waited until Ragnok sat before sitting himself.



"Oops must have over shot a little bit then, or maybe we lost track of the days and I stayed a bit to long." Harry said with a shrug."Still 1991 though correct."



"Yes it is, October of, wow it's hard to believe that you look just the same as you did back in 71." Ragnok said with a small laugh.



"Well time travel is weird that way." Harry said with agrin. "If its October that means I missed the start of the school year right."



"Yes but I don't think the Headmaster will mind you getting their late." Ragnok said before grinning. "I have something for you."



"What is it?" Harry asked as Ragnok started pulling open his drawers. After a few seconds he stopped and looked up at Harry with a grin before pulling out two daggers and a cane with a skull as the handle. Harry grabbed them with a smile and attached one of the daggers to his ankle and the other to a sheath in his jacket. "Got any thing else for me in there?"



"Two something's actually." Ragnok said reaching into his desk and pulling out Harry's Phoenix wand and Harry took it and slid it into its sheath on his hip before looking at Ragnok suspiciously.



"You said two something's." Harry said with a raised eyebrow Ragnok reached into his desk again and pulled out a black box and sat it on his desk.



"If you remember correctly the very first time we met. Well the first time you met me anyhow, I had a wand maker come here." Ragnok said and Harry's eyes went wide.



"Yes I do a bone from a unicorn and a bone from a dementor."Harry said as Ragnok handed him the box. Harry opened it to show the two bones spiraled together smoothly. He reached in and pulled the wand and as soon as he gripped it in his hand bright sparks flew out of it. "It's beautiful; I can't wait to show Kevin. Wait a second, is Kevin..."



"I'm afraid so." Ragnok said and saw a flash of pain in Harry's eyes. "I'm sorry Harry."



"It's ok; it's just weird I was just talking to him and now." Harry said waving his hand and Ragnok nodded.



"I understand Harry." He said and Harry sighed as before shaking his head.



"Well I really must go. Kevin told me that he wanted me to get to Hogwarts. If I'm to do that I might as well pick up my supplies." Harry said and Ragnok smiled slightly.



"It's already been done for you. I'll take the liberty of shipping it to Hogwarts for you right away." Ragnok said and Harry nodded his thanks.



"Well then I must be off. It is getting late after all."Harry said and Ragnok nodded as he stood up to accompany Harry out of the bank.



"Do you have a way to get to the school?" Ragnok asked and Harry shrugged.



"The Knight Bus still around." Harry asked and Ragnok nodded. "Well I guess that then."



"Well then good luck Harry come visit anytime." He said shaking his hand.



"May your gold pile high." Harry said with a bow.



"And your as well." Ragnok said with his own bow before Harry departed and noticed that it started to get dark while he was inside the bank. He walked through the alley with his hand gripping his cane tightly as he patted all his sheaths to make sure his weapons were in place including his new wand that was in a sheath built into his jacket. When he got outside of the Leaky Cauldron he threw up his wand arm while picturing the Knight Bus and with a bang it appeared in front of him. Before the old man could great him he stepped onto the bus.



"The Three Broom Sticks, Hogsmeade." Harry said giving the man eleven sickles before taking a seat.



"Right then, take her away Ernie." The old man said and the bus shot forward with a bang. Harry was on the bus for a good fifteen minutes and made nine stops, six to drop people off and three to pick people up before he arrived at Hogsmeade. When the old man called out his stop Harry stood up and got off the bus with a polite nod. He looked around for a few seconds before he started to walk towards the large castle in the distance. He got to alarge gate that was shut and looked around for a bell or something knowing it was likely useless to look. Harry sighed as he looked around and didn't see anyway to get over the fence. Harry looked around as he slid his cane through aloop in his belt and transformed with everything seemingly melting into his body. After he was done he was in his half-wolf form and he ran a ways down the trail leading into Hogsmeade before turning back and running towards the fence. He jumped and barely cleared the fence but landed successfully on the other side and gave a small snort of happiness. He saw how far the school was and figured he'd save himself some time and just run it in his current form. After a few minutes he got to the castle and he quickly transformed before making his way inside. He walked in and passed a huge chamber that had a couple large tables in it covered with half eaten food. He looked inside and didn't see anyone causing him to raise an eyebrow. Harry just shrugged as he started walking around the school figuring he would find someone eventually. He was walking along the second floor when he heard a muffled scream. Looking around quickly Harry ran towards where he thought he heard the scream. He rounded acorner and started to sprint as he heard the scream more clearly. He slid to astop in front of a girl's bathroom and pushed his way inside. When he did he saw a twelve foot tall mountain troll destroying the bathroom. He looked around for the girl who screamed and saw her pressed up against the wall underneath the sinks. Harry pulled his new wand out and flicked it at a pile of rubble that shot towards the troll. The rubble caused the troll to stumbled forward slightly with a roar before it turned to him.



"Oi, pick on someone your own size." Harry said and shook his head. "That doesn't really work. Oi, what kind of man are you going around picking on little girls. Well that's a little better."



In response the troll roared again before charging towards Harry pulling back its club as it did. Harry fired a cutting hex that broke the club in two near the handle but bounced off of the troll's arm who continued towards Harry. Harry dove out of way as the troll tried to swat him and rolled with it so that he ended up near the girl beneath the sinks.



"Hi, I'm Harry Cassavant." Harry said calmly like he fought mountain troll's every day.



"Hermione Granger." The girl said shaking greatly.



"Hermione, beautiful name, well Hermione would you like to..."He stopped as he noticed the troll charging them and he waved his wand and all of the broken toilets, stalls and sinks started bombarding the troll making it stagger back trying to knock them off. "Sorry about that where was I, oh right would you like to accompany me out of this restroom before this troll squashes one or both of us?"



"Gladly." She said with a small smile at his attempt to make humor despite their situation.



"Excellent, then please follow me." With that he started to lead her along the wall towards the door as the troll knocked back the last piece of debris and saw them. It charged and Harry had enough time to knock the frozen Hermione out of the way before catching a back hand into a wall. "Ouch."



Harry watched the troll start to advance on him and started to push himself to his feet. The troll tried to stomp on him and Harry rolled out of the way with the troll right behind him. He just kept rolling and felt the ground shake every time the troll stomped. After a few seconds he hit awall and looked up to see the troll pulling back to kick so he dove forward and rolled to him feet slashing his want at the troll as he did. The blow bounced off again and just as it went to kick him Harry saw its club raised above its head. The troll followed his gaze and looked up in time to watch its club fall on his face knocking it out.



"Well that was beautifully done Miss Granger." Harry said as he slid his wand away and walked over to his fallen cane. He picked it up as he looked over at Hermione who was staring at the troll in shock. "Hermione are you alright?"



"I just..." She started and stopped and shook her head.



"You just knocked out a full grown mountain troll and saved my life in the process, I'm in your debt." Harry said bowing slightly towards her.



"Well you saved mine first so I guess we're even." Hermione said still in a daze.



"Excellent. Well you wouldn't happen to know the way to the headmaster's office by any chance would you." He asked and Hermione shook her head as the door was thrown open and a group of people ran in and their speed faltered as they saw the mountain troll.



"Miss Granger what are you doing here." And old woman with her black hair pulled back in a bun with a no-nonsense look on her face asked.



"I." She started before turning slightly red and looking at the ground.



"Yes Miss Granger." The woman asked.



"I was getting picked on today and I was in here because Iwas upset. I didn't know about the troll until I went to leave and it was coming into the door. I would have been killed if it wasn't for him." Hermione said looking over at Harry. Everyone turned and followed her gaze to Harry who turned around and looked behind himself. He turned back around looking confused before he pointed at himself.



"Oh you mean me duh." He said shaking his head as they all looked at him.



"You were able to defeat a full grown mountain troll?" The old woman asked and Harry could tell they were trying to figure out who he was.



"Well I think I merely distracted it. Hermione here knocked it out with its own club using if I'm not mistaken a /Wingardium Leviosa/. Pretty bloody brilliant if I do say so myself." Harry said with shrug. "So can one of you point me to the headmaster's office?"



"Twenty-five points to Gryffindor for fast thinking and twenty-five for stopping the troll." The old woman said still looking at Harry before asking "What house do you belong to?"



"I don't belong to a house." He said shrugging.



"What's your name?" She asked thinking she already knew the answer.



"Harry Cassavant." He said and she seemed to deflate alittle bit. "So can I go to see the headmaster?"



"Um of course he will have some questions for you." The woman said shaking her head as she turned to the men with her. "If you could just take care of this it would be appreciated."



"So lead the way." Harry said and he followed behind her with a slight limp as Hermione walked by his side.



"Are you okay?" She asked in concern causing the older woman to look back and see him limping.



"Yeah it'll be okay just a little sprain is all it'll be alright after a little while." Harry said as they climbed the stairs.



"Mr. Cassavant, how did you come to be in the castle tonight?" The woman asked



"Uh I walked ma'am." Harry said with all sincerity and alook of confusion on his face.



"Yes well what I meant was how did you managed to get into the castle as you're not a student." The woman asked



"Oh well that I had to jump the fence, after that it was rather easy to get to the school and inside." Harry said shrugging as they finally stopped in front of a large stone gargoyle.



"Lemon drops." The old woman said and they had to walk up more stairs making Harry groan a little bit and Hermione looked at him in concern.



"Are you sure you don't need the hospital wing?" Hermione asked and Harry nodded.



"I should be fine, don't worry." Harry said with smile as they got to the top of the stairs. The old woman went to knock but before she could a voice said enter. The old woman pushed the door open and walked in followed by Hermione and then Harry. Harry saw an old man with long white hair and a long white beard sitting behind a desk petting a Phoenix who was perched on his desk.



"Minerva, ah and Miss Granger I believe, but I'm afraid Idon't know this..." Dumbledore trailed off looking at Harry in confusion. "Young man do I know you?"



"I think we may have met before." Harry said easily recognizing Dumbledore as he seen him just the day before when he saved his mothers life and Dumbledore saved Harry's.



"What is your name lad?" Dumbledore asked his blue eyes looking into the emerald green eyes hope obvious on his face.



"Harry." Harry said simply as he stood to let the two women sit. He stared at Dumbledore with a small grin.



"And do you have a last name by any chance." Dumbledore asked and Harry nodded.



"Yes I do." Harry said cocking his head slightly as he noticed he had Dumbledore's undivided attention.



"Potter." Harry said and Minerva and Hermione looked at him in shock as Dumbledore's eyes started twinkling like they hadn't since the start of the school year.



"It really is you." Dumbledore said as he got up and surprised everyone present as came around the desk and hugged the boy. "I thought I let your family down. I am so sorry Harry."



"You saved my life, I think we're even." Harry said confusing the headmaster but holding his tongue not quiet in the mood to share his secrets just yet.



-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-





A/N hope you like it
Sign up to rate and review this story