Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Aftermath is Secondary

The Aftermath is Secondary

by FabulousKilljoyMCR 1 review

The Killjoy's are back and on another mission to defeat Korse, but will they have a better chance with the help of a mysterious girl?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-11 - Updated: 2012-05-11 - 1613 words

0Unrated
A/N: Okay, this story didn't take off to well before, now edited, with a change summery and title, I ready to go again. Please Rate and Review, it makes me feel good!
*

The dawn's first breath of cool air brushed along her face, along with small grains of soft sand, making contact with her pale skin.
The deserts look of bareness seemed to wash away her sense of meaning. She felt worthless and lonely, small, as if the sheer size of it could wash her out.
And she wanted to fight an army to the death!
"I can't do it" she whispered to herself; another thing to make her feel lonely. Her accent. Different, British, but what was left on Britain now?
Nothing.

She pushed a strand of wavy, black hair behind her ear, exhaling softly as she did so, wishing all her responsibility, and the heavy load of what she had yet to do could float into the air along with her breath.
Her cobalt blue eyes scanned the horizon, looking for a way out desperately.
But that wasn't how she was brought up. She was told to stand up for what she knew was right.
To fight for the ones who had been hurt for her, to fight for the ones who had saved her, to fight for the ones who had died for her.
And that all had happened, and she wasn't about to let it happen in vain. The cause was Better Living Industries.
She stood up and closed her eyes, doing her best to wipe away the anger from her mind, but she could feel her heart hammering in her chest, like the anger and adrenalin and replaced her blood.
She looked to her left, and saw the black bag, and guitar case resting on the ground.
She sat down again on the rock she had been perched upon all night, and pulled the ebony guitar case up onto her lap, and began to unzip it with care. Once she had it open, she was pleased to be able to look upon the friendly view.
She pulled out the guitar further, and stroked its crimson body, stroking the chips and scratches with her fingertips also, while thinking of how the blemishes in the instrument came to be.
She smiled to herself; most of them came from the clumsiness of her childhood, and carelessness of her teen years, but she remembered the more savage wounds in the instrument to be from when her Mother and Father had died, how much she ran, and fell, and... She didn't want to think about the past. The future was the only thing that counted at that moment.
"The future is bulletproof "she said, before looking down to pull out a violet guitar plectrum, and began to play.
She stopped to wrap the strap around her body, before starting again, but this time singing too.
"In the middle of a gun fight, in the centre of a restaurant, they say come with your arms raised high" she sung quietly, along with the guitar at the same time. The unexpected harshness in her voice filled the atmosphere, giving the area a chill.
"Well they're never gonna get me, I'm like a bullet through a flock of doves" Her voice was now getting louder along with the guitar.
"To wage this war against your faith, in me. Your life will never be the same, on your mother's eyes say a prayer. Say your prayer" Her voice was filled with emotion, and let she let is burst out in the chorus. All the aggression she wanted to let out, but wasn't able to, all the weight of her regrets and decisions pushed out by singing and playing, the only friendly thing that now existed, her only comfort.
"Now! But I can't, and I don't know. How we're just two men as God had made us. Well I can't, well I can! Too much, too late, or just not enough of this pain in my, for your dying wish, I'll kiss your lips again"
She stopped suddenly, exhaled slowly, and swallowed, despite the fact she had nothing in her mouth.
She looked up at the sky. Dawn had passed, and the warm daylight of Battery City had taken over.
She wasn't sure if she liked the warm weather. She had always preferred the cold touch of rain or snow. But right now, her preference of weather didn't really matter.
She zipped her guitar back into its case, before hauling onto her back, and pulling each of the straps over her shoulders. She then lifted her black messenger bag onto her right shoulder and looked up, towards the rising sun, feeling its rays rest on her face.
She pulled her hand inside her leather jacket to feel the gun resting in her pocket, waiting for the action that was soon to come.
She started walking.
Now to take on Better Living Industries.


*

"Frank, Frank! FRANK! Turn the fucking music down!"
Frank turned down the car stereo moodily. He was like a little kid who was told to go to bed a 7, no 6!
"What the hell's your problem Ray?" Frank asked grumpily.
"Oh, maybe the whole 'low profile' thing we're meant to be doing, or do you seriously not listen to anything?" Ray replied, imitating Frank's usual sarcasm. Frank looked huffy as he tried to think of a smart comeback, but he couldn't, it was too warm to think, and he was tired, he couldn't remember the last time he'd slept, then again, it was too warm to sleep too!
"Well you play music loud" Frank argued, which even he would admit to be a weak response.
"Yeah Frankie, sure I do..."
"Shut up, yes you do, you always-"
"Hey quiet!" Mikey said which shut the two up. They both turned to look at him. The younger man had a sort of demand over the group; he seemed to be able to resolve everything...sometimes.
"He was being loud with the music" Ray moaned.
"Yeah 'cause you two arguing is usually a quiet affair, and not as loud as the music" Mikey said in retaliation, his poker face intact.
Ray and Frank opened their mouths at the same time, but no words came out. They knew Mikey was right, so they turned away and stayed quiet.
Gerard looked at his little brother. He didn't know how one person, so young and quiet could have such control over the likes of Ray and Frank...sometimes. He'd been able to do it since he was young. It was as if he was born with it.
He looked up at the clear Californian sky; the sun was almost in the centre, and was shining brightly, his eyes creased from staring at the strong light. It was getting hotter, as the sun neared to the centre of the blue pool above Gerard's head.
"We should move" He said looking around at the people in the car around him. They'd hung around for a while now, mainly resting. That was about 5 minutes sleep in what? The past 3 days? Adrenalin raced through each man's veins, almost faster than the speed of light, the need to get this finished once and for all was nagging in each one of their brains. BLI weren't getting away this time!
"But we never even got coffee!" Mikey said with a distraught look planted on his face. Now who looked like a kid who was told to go to bed at 6?
"Awwww poor Mikey" Gerard said with a smile and mock sympathy. "We'll get coffee later" he continued, ruffling Mikey's hair at the same time. His brother immediately tried to fight Gerard off. Frank and Ray giggled, and Ray punched Mikey in the arm playfully.
Mikey slouched in his chair and straightened out his black sunglasses, before exhaling heavily, and staring deep into Gerard's eyes.
Gerard grinned at him. He knew that look. It was the one his brother had used when they were younger to make him feel guilty. It didn't work anymore. Not now Mikey's features had grown from the cute kid once was.
Gerard turned towards the cars steering wheel wrapping his gloved hands around it, and turned the keys to ignite the engine.
The car stuttered and rumbled from underneath them.
"Well that didn't sound good" Ray said.
"Well really?" Frank said; his sarcasm now revived.
Ray leaned forward, and hit Frank across the head.
"Ow, what was that for?"
"Low Profile" Mikey said, hinting for them to shut up.
"He hit me" Frank mumbled.
The car sprung to life, letting out a cloud of black smoke out of the exhaust.
"Here we go" Gerard said, putting his foot on the pedal, and speeding down the dusty road as fast as the run down car would take them.
"Gerard, I don't think we should be going so fast, y'know with the car sort of throwing up just before" Mikey said with a concerned voice.
"Mikey chill, it's fine" Frank said, answering for Gerard.
"Okay" Mikey said quietly.
They carried on driving for quite a while, the midday's air brushing through their hair. They drove in silence, although each one hoped it wouldn't be like this on every journey, they had a long way to go, and the silence would kill them eventually.


*

Okay, so that's that for now! Hopefully I'll get a better reaction than before!
I hoped you liked it, and as I said before, Rate and Review!!!
BTW I understand the chapter title is a bit off, it's not a Panic! Story, but it fits...! Sorry if a update doesn't come soon! ~
FabulousKilljoyMCR
Sign up to rate and review this story