Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Aftermath is Secondary

Look Alive Sunshine

by FabulousKilljoyMCR 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-14 - Updated: 2012-05-14 - 1696 words

0Unrated
The sun was beginning to set over the desert. Gerard took one hand off the wheel to wipe his eyes, before yawning. "Do ya wanna stop for the night" Frank asked, noticing Gerard was getting tired, and Ray was already slumping in his chair; dozing off.
"Yeah sure" Gerard said sleepily, trying his best to open his weary eyes, and pull them back to the his road in front of him, only to see a shiny, black car, with one man sat inside, and the other standing, leaning on the car door. Both were wearing white uniforms and were armed with ray guns, similar to the Killjoys own.
"Gerard they're-"
"BL" Frank said, finishing off Mikey's sentence.
All four watched the men with caution, well with exception to Ray, who wasn't even half awake.
Gerard had slowed down the car. "But they're not Draculiods" Mikey said, sounding slightly confused. The two men in front of them didn't wear the slightly creepy masks they had seen Better Living Industries bear the last time they'd fought them.
The man leaned against the car, turned around and saw theirs, and waved one arm to stop them.
Frank turned around to Ray who was now snoring lightly. "Ray, Ray wake up! C'mon sleepy head" Frank teased, shaking Ray slightly so his curls were bouncing.
"Wha-what?" said a dazed Ray
"We've got BL up ahead" Frank informed him.
"Shit, that's not good..."
"Are you gonna stop?" Mikey asked his older brother.
"I'm gonna have to, they'll think something's up and go after us, and I don't fancy our chances in this thing" Gerard said tapping the steering wheel.
"We could just dust 'em" Ray said, rubbing his eyes.
"He's right, four against two" Frank added.
"Low Profile" Mikey hinted once again. Both men nodded, and waited for Gerard to pull over.
The man made his way towards Gerard's side of the car. He was wearing a cocky smile on his face, displaying a set of pearl white teeth that were probably capable of blinding a person. His hair was sandy blond, and neatly cut, and his sharp, green eyes threatened the people around him. All four could also confirm his crisp, white 'Better Living Industries' uniform.
"Evening Gentlemen" he said, sliding up to the car, smarm oozing in his tone. "Could I ask you where you're going?" He said, finishing his question with a large smile.
"We're just, driving..." Frank tried to explain.
"Yeah, okay, driving...Where?" The man pressed. The smile no longer lay upon his lips, and his emerald eyes were settled on Gerard.
Gerard hated this sometimes. To be labelled as the one with authority. He had to admit it, and so did the rest of the people sat around him, he managed to keep them together, he displayed an attitude of leadership, even BL/Ind. had describe him as 'The ringleader of the Fabulous Killjoys of Battery City' but he hated the responsibility, the liability, and was timelessly waiting for the moment when everyone looked at him for a solution, and he had nothing, like they had drained the once available authority right out of him, and now, he even felt that a stranger was making it seem to be a compulsory need to form an excuse, an answer, and he had nothing. All he had done was drive the car for God sake!
"We're just driving" Ray implied, stressing Frank's lie again, to Gerard's relief. The man glared at Ray, and pulled away from the side of the car to stand at the front, making sure each one of them could see him; quite clearly trying to issue power on the band of outlaws.
"I've been here all day" he started "And I've not seen one person drive or walk past, then you lot come along. That's pretty weird. Right?"
He looked around at the men in the car, waiting for one to give in, to flinch, or to look down. Anything. He was like a wild animal eyeing its prey before he struck.
"We're going to Zone 5" Gerard said quickly, which was true, just not the whole truth.
"Why? It's a long way out you know?" the man asked, resting his hands on the bumper.
"Jesus, what the hell is this? Twenty questions?" Frank exclaimed, whilst stamping his foot on the car floor.
"We're going to, umm, y'know" Mikey stuttered, trying to cover up Frank's exclamation.
"See family" Gerard added quickly with a smile.
"Family?" He said, obviously not completely sure about their answer.
"Yeah, we wouldn't lie about family..."Mikey said shakily, his former confidence diminished, as if he could only talk to his friends, which was just about true.
"Okay, just wait a second" the man said, walking over to his colleague in the car.
"Fuck..." Frank said "They didn't recognise us?" He whispered, looking around the car.
"Well we're sorta meant to be dead" Mikey whispered. "We're a past problem now, no one cares".
"Good point" Frank replied before turning to look at the BL men.
Then all four of them saw a girl, walk past alone. A long dark purple streak, mixed in with some of her natural black hair covered her face so they were unable to see it.
"Hey, stop" said the same BL guy that had interrogated the Killjoys. "Where are you going?"
"It doesn't concern you" she said clearly, and carried on walking. Her accent noticed immediately.
"Oh it does! Where are you going?" She carried on walking. "Your accent, it's British, so what are you doing here?" Once again, she just ignored him and carried walking. "Tell me" he said slowly, pulling a gun out. She stopped, and swung around, with her own purple ray gun pointing at him. Her blue eyes gazed into his green, locked in their own private battle.
"You don't wanna do that" The man said raising the gun so it was online with her head.
"Why not?" she said, raising her chin defensively. The other man climbed out of the car, and pulled out his own gun. "Because it's two against one" he said, a sly grin broke out, but the girl's strong expression stayed intact, although she didn't feel it.
"No" said a voice from behind him. Both men turned around. "It's five against two" Gerard said, with Frank, Ray and Mikey stood beside him, guns at the ready.
The girl hit the blond-haired man over the head with the butt of her gun, which knocked him to the ground, unconscious. The punched the other guy in the face when he turned around to see what had happened to his comrade. Both men lay on the ground, like they were a pair of corpses. The girl regained her breath.
"Why didn't we just do that?" Frank whispered to Ray, who just shrugged back.
"Thank you" she said looking up at the four men who stood before her, who were now putting their guns. She did the same, replacing it into the inside pocket of her black leather jacket.
"No problem" Gerard said "but it looks like you didn't need much help" he said, motioning to the bodies led on the floor.
"What's your name?" he asked, only to see the girl, look down and hesitate, like she couldn't say her name, so he took the first step. "This is Frank" he said, pointing to the shorter man stood beside him. He held his his hand up, to show who he was. "Ray". He pointed to a taller man with curly hair. He smiled, so she smiled back. "This is Mikey" he said, patting the blond man on the back stood on the other side of him. He looked slightly younger than the others. "He's my brother" he said, grinning at him. Mikey gave her a shy smile, she returned one. "And I'm Gerard" he said grinning, looking at her face intently.
She felt like her and Gerard were looking at each other for quite a while, it was weird. It wasn't like looking at the others, she noticed more about him. How his hair wasn't completely bright red, and had darker layers. His eyes were a light brown colour, and he had small, slender, pale lips.
"So..." Gerard said suddenly, as if he'd only just become aware their eyes had been fixed on each over for too long, and becoming aware that the air now felt cold and awkward, and now she was also snapped back to the perspective of the whole group, which felt unusually disappointing. "Your name?" he asked, looking over at Frank, Ray and Mikey, who were shuffling their feet. "Helena" she said.
"Nice to meet you" he said, him and Mikey smiling at the familiarity of the name.
"So where are you going" Frank asked. Helena looked down again, thinking for a minute if she should tell them. She had just met them, she didn't know if they could be trusted, for all she knew they could be BL. But that was unlikely since they just pointed guns at their 'colleagues'. Although she still wasn't sure, maybe just telling them half the truth.
"I'm going to Zone 5" she stated looking up at them, hoping they would believe it was the full truth.
"Well we're going that way" Gerard broke in quickly, "We could take you, y'know if you want" he added with a cute, shy smile-Damn! What was she thinking!
"Umm, sorry, no thank you, I think I should just walk" she said, before turning and walking off.
"It's really no problem"
"I'm fine" she shouted back to Gerard.
"But-"
"He's just gonna hassling you 'till you come you know?" Ray said which made Helena stop. She thought about how much easier it would make the whole journey, and also felt highly struck by the sense of longing to say yes a million times to each one of Gerard's requests, and it was being to creep her out.
"Fine" she said turning back to face them. "Zone 5".

*
Hope you liked it, R&R, and if you'd like any thoughts or ideas for the story, I'd be happy to hear them...I'm not forcing you! Thanks
~FabulousKilljoyMCR
Sign up to rate and review this story