Categories > Original > Drama > Samantha Gray

CHAPTER 3 (CLUELESS)-

by x-ii_Julie 0 reviews

Samantha Gray and Jonathan move on.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-15 - Updated: 2012-05-15 - 754 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 3 (CLUELESS)-
Time has gone by. The dark, night sky shines through the ash, floating freely in the air. The sand runs away, sliding through my fingers, like a snake slithering across a dead, life-less branch. The air-less air fills my lungs, like medicine spilling into an IV. Me staring at Jonathan, like a sniper picking his target perfectly, finding the right stop to shoot him so he doesn’t scream from the sharp pain entering his body, slowly, but defiantly effectively.
Every little thing is starting to become clearer through my eyes, but not my mind. I stare at Jonathan as he sleeps, thinking about how lost I would be without him, how I would still be wandering around mindlessly. I look at his dark brown hair, then at his red backpack, wondering what’s in it. Me, being the yellow-back snoop I am, I dig with hope into the depths of his backpack. I willingly pull out everything that feels suspicious. I drop everything as he rolls over like a steamroller in the sand. As the first snore comes out, I pull out a candy bar. We’ve been busting our butts searching for food like squirrels in the desert, and he has a candy bar? I put it back in his sack full of crap, nothing that he could harm me with, I’m fine with that.
The sun slowly returns to the sky, as I stare up almost directly at it with my dark tented sunglasses on. The sand is starting to get hot again, must be time to wake him up so we can get going. I brutally shake him awake, as he quivers at the bright sun. Moaning quite loud, I watch him sit up, stretch, and then adjust his posture. I stand up, viciously grab his backpack, and proceed to walk. He stumbles up, as fast as I’ve ever seen him move, without making a sound.
“Which way are we going?” The navigator asks me.
“I thought you would know this, were going West, and we need to remain West.” I say as he stares at me, quiet and hungry. “We’ll also get some food if you would like some.” This time, as I partly question him, he takes hold of me, and vigorously nods his head yes whipping his short brown hair back and forth. We march on in our search for food, and Chilop. Walking always takes the interest out of everything we do. Piping up I ask, “So, is everyone dead, or are the just … another form of life? Like zombies.”
“I don’t know, but we’ll surely find out when we get to where we’re going.” He says with a strange look on his face. “I thought you would know this, or do you still not remember anything?”
“I still don’t remember a thing, but yesterday I did remember something…”
“Well let’s hear it.”
“I had sort of a… flash back. I saw myself in a lab, with a doctor, Doctor Nelson, or at least that’s what his name tag said. He injected something into my bloodstream, and then went back for another syringe.”
“Oh… what happened after that, or was that all that happened?” He asks in a quite strange voice.
“That’s all that happened.” I explain in a low, but honest voice. I can feel him stare at me, as I continue to stare at the ground. I feel his warm hand touch me lightly on my shoulder, calming me down, letting all the worries in the world float away for the split second. I look up from the orange sand to the red sky. I see only what I want to see, I block out the ashes falling from the sky, and only look at the clear red. I look over at Jonathan, staring. ’Does he know about this, most of all, does he know about my past or everything that I have no clue about?’ I wonder as he looks off into the distance.
I look over at the blue light in the distance still wondering what it is. We’ve been following it the whole time, I must know. I sit and stare at the ominous light as he takes his shoes off. Rubbing his smelly feet from the ‘horrifying’ pain, I ponder how walking for three hours can make your feet hurt that bad, but I guess I’m just clueless. I’m clueless to all of this.
Sign up to rate and review this story