Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Does anyone want a song fic written for them?

Always

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 2 reviews

Ryan and Sam have always loved each other, but were always too scared to tell.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-16 - Updated: 2012-05-21 - 1294 words

1Moving
I sat in front of my open window directly across from my best friend’s, Sam. She was the greatest girl in the world, she was caring and gorgeous, not that looks mattered. I’d think she’s gorgeous no matter what. She has beautiful blonde hair and mesmerizing silvery eyes. Every time I look at her I’m entranced, I couldn’t let her know that though.

I could see into her room and smiled at her, she smiled back and opened her window.

“Sup Ry?”

“Same old same old. You should come over here, I’m bored.”

She laughed and climbed out of her window onto a branch of the sycamore tree that separated our houses. She practically fell through my window and onto my bed, laughing. How many times had I envisioned her right there? Her jeans showed off her curves and her shirt came up just slightly in the back, revealing her milk white skin.

“Earth to Ry,” I blushed and looked at her face, “what were you staring at?”

“Nothing,” I shook my head and chuckled. “Nothing.”

When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back
I'll be your levy
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue
On a get well card


I sat in Ryan’s room, waiting for him to get back. I knew he was in a bad mood, he wasn’t at school or home, which meant something was going on with his dad. I had climbed over to his room and had been waiting in the dark for him to return for a while now.

Ryan was my best friend, had been since we were little, but it was more than that. We were closer than anyone, inseperable, joined at the hip. I knew when he was upset, I also knew that when he was upset he didn’t like to be bothered. I didn’t care though, I always got the truth out of him anyway.

I heard the light sound of Ryan’s footsteps coming down the hall. He opened the door and almost screamed when he saw me sitting on his bed.

“Shit, Sam, you scared the hell out of me!”

I rolled my eyes at him. “So where were you today?”

He sighed and sat down next to me. “You sound like my dad.”

I looked at him, mouth agape. “Never, I mean never compare me to that sad bastard in there.” I pointed out the door where his father was no doubt drinking whiskey and getting drunker than I’ve ever seen anyone.

“Sam, I didn’t—”

“I don’t care whether you meant it like that or not Ryan! That asshole in there has messed up your fucking life! I am not like him. I am better than him, I actually care about you!” I was yelling at this point, not caring if his father heard. I was better than that asshole. He beat Ryan, beat him senseless. No one had the right to do that to my Ryan. “Ryan, I’ve been there for you through everything, he was the cause! Never, compare me to him!” I walked over to the window and climbed out.

“Sam! Sam, come back!”

“Fuck you Ryan!” I knew it was stupid, but it made me angry. I was there for him when no one else was. I cared about him more than anyone ever could, how could he not understand that and then have the gall to compare me to his bastard of a father!?

I looked back to see that his father had come into the room. He was yelling and I saw Ryan flinch back. Then I saw his fists fly.

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know


I felt the fist hit my stomach and heard Sam scream. I fell to the floor and a kick landed to my ribs, I heard a crack. I felt the hits keep coming and myself being lifted up. My head lolled to the side and I could see Sam at the window screaming and crying, working furiously to open the window back up.

My father slammed me against the wall repeatedly. Sam had climbed through the window and was fumbling in her pockets for something. My father put his hand around my throat and clenched down, cutting off my air supply. Sam looked up and screamed, she started advancing towards my father.

“Sam no!” I said as loudly as I could.

I looked at her tear-stained face, into her eyes filled with fear. She was beautiful even faced with a situation like this. Seeing how scared Sam was I pushed my father away with as much force as I could muster, which was just enough to make him let go.

I stumbled out of the room and down the hallway, my head was pounding. I heard my father approach and Sam talking worriedly. I couldn’t understand what she was saying, I could hardly understand what was happening. I put a shaky hand on the hand rail of the stairs, and I felt a push on my back.

Sam was frantically speaking into her phone,“He just started hitting—”

The last thing I heard was Sam screaming as I tumbled down the stairs.

I'm a fly that's trapped
In a web
But I'm thinking that
My spider's dead
Oh, lonely, lonely little life
I could kid myself
Thinking that I'm fine


I sat at Ryan’s bedside, tears filling my eyes. The fight had looked horrible, and I couldn’t do anything about it. I was sure he wasn’t going to wake up, I could feel it in my bones. Or maybe that was just fear…

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and it all came pouring out. “Ryan, I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have screamed the way I did. I didn’t mean what I said.... You’re my best friend, please wake up.” He remained the same, not that I expected him to wake up at the sound of my voice. “I love you Ry…I always have.”

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know


I was swimming in a world of gray, only vaguely aware of what was happening. I heard Sam crying, then she said my name.

“Ryan, I’m so sorry.” Sorry? What did she have to be sorry for? “It’s all my fault. I’m so sorry.” But it’s not your fault, Sam. “I shouldn’t have screamed at you the way I did. I didn’t mean what I said…” I know you didn’t, Sam. “You’re my best friend, please wake up.” Sam. It was a while before she spoke again. “I love you Ry…I always have.”

“I love you too.”

That I'm skin and bone
Just a cane and rusty throne
Oh, the castle's under siege
But the sign outside says "Leave me alone"


I looked up as Ryan said the three words that made my heart soar. He opened his eyes slowly and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

“I thought you were a goner.”

“I would never leave you.” He leaned forward and pressed his lips delicately to mine.

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back to let me know


Hope you liked it :3
Sign up to rate and review this story